Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:35 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by N751PR
The F/As do look nice in Dirndl dresses but seeing them with LH's C in the background...it kinda feels out of place IMO.
Let alone serving ...champagne (actually the seats are in F)

Thnx for th pix
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by LH_Fan
That would be "LH's F" - your post would appear to support those who believe it should be revamped sooner rather than later ...
LH_Fan, with all due respect, it was a late-night/early morning/lack of sleep error from someone not greatly familiar with LH's premium cabins, let alone it wasn't meant to have any relation to supporting revamping LH's F ASAP. Sorry for the error, it's nearly 4AM here.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:15 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Well, the press has been wrong, before, and if that's the only mistake they made since 1957, we might as well forgive them.
Well, I simply assumed that LH would get it right in their own press release... but then, you never know...

Originally Posted by N751PR
Here's more shots courtesy of Yahoo! News:
Thanks, N751PR. But still no pics of a male crewmember... do they have something to hide?
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by andyZRH
Well, I simply assumed that LH would get it right in their own press release... but then, you never know...
Yep. Maybe they had the outfits at another occasion, or it was just a test run for this year's official thing. I pretty much remember hearing about a crew in Dirndl a year ago in MUC, and I remember that I even checked if I had a flight during the Oktoberfest period, which I didn't. So it might have been on the MUC-LAX route that isn't part of this year's extravaganza.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Traditional clothing at Oktoberfest has been a tradition for the ground crews each year. The ladies enjoy it and there is no compulsion. Considering that MUC is a zoo for two weeks each year and the ladies are stressed out big time, its a nice touch.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:04 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Traditional clothing at Oktoberfest has been a tradition for the ground crews each year. The ladies enjoy it and there is no compulsion. Considering that MUC is a zoo for two weeks each year and the ladies are stressed out big time, its a nice touch.
It is a typical Bavarian loner. Nowhere else in the world Lufthansa stuff would be allowed to go an extra way.

I remember a crew from Cologne celebrating quite a bit of Karneval (Mardi Grass) in the air a couple years ago and they got a admonishing letter from their employer.

And I remember another case with one FA on a US flight (about 2001), who cutted ties from former national soccer players on their way back from the US to Germany. It happened at "Schwerdonnerstag" (Thursday before carneval) and has a long tradition at "Rheinisch' Karneval". But former player Mehmet Sholl was totally pissed. He could only calmed down by a personal apology by somebody high in LH management.

So, as always, not all pigs are the same. As said, a typical Bavarian loner, as always.

And not all pax may feel comfortable within these traditionally clothed people. I definitely don't !

Luckily they don't fly MUC-SFO, which is my only option for "Oktoberfest" month September.

Last edited by SleepOverGreenland; Sep 6, 2006 at 1:28 am Reason: corrected one mistake
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
And not all pax may feel comfortable within these traditionally clothed people. I definitely don't !
In this case you should make sure you stay away from Tyrolean all year.

BTW, who ever believes this has something to do with Bavarian tradition should also consider Disneyland as the birthplace of American history.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:08 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
As if anyone needed something to get them into the mood for Oktoberfest!

Saw the debut crew last Friday when I arrived at JFK at about the same time as the LH flight from MUC...certainly made me look twice. BTW, the men were dressed in the traditional 'Bavarian-style' Alpine jacket (usually woollen)..no lederhosen in sight...
Old Sep 5, 2006, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ulev
In this case you should make sure you stay away from Tyrolean all year.
Of course, I do.
Originally Posted by ulev
BTW, who ever believes this has something to do with Bavarian tradition should also consider Disneyland as the birthplace of American history.
Yes, one is as wrong as the other.

But I remember more than once to teach people, that Dirndl, Sauerkraut and thick-cheek-music is not all about Germany.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
And I remember another case with one FA on a US flight (about 2001), who cutted ties from former national soccer players on their way back from the US to Germany. It happened at Maundy Thursday and has a long tradition at "Rheinisch' Karneval". But former player Mehmet Sholl was totally pissed. He could only calmed down by a personal apology by somebody high in LH management. ...
This must have been pre 9/11... where would the FA find a scissor onboard nowadys (OK maybe in the first aid kit)
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by sebastian746
here is an article in the SZ (in German but with a picture... )
" . . . . . und reicht Brezn, Weißbier und Schnupftabak. "

You'e got to be kidding.......they are serving snuff on board? So much for LH F!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
This must have been pre 9/11... where would the FA find a scissor onboard nowadys (OK maybe in the first aid kit)
I just checked it, it was February 1999. Happened probably on LH463 MIA-FRA. :-:

But it was definitely not "Maundy Thursday" (Gründonnerstag), but "Schwerdonnerstag", which is the Thursday before carneval weekend. Don't know the English term for this day.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, Skywards Silver, Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold VIP, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
I just hope and pray that they hand out the beer in "Maßkrügen" (bavarian volume measurement for 1 litre of beer in one glass/stein) instead of those tiny bottles/glasses.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by bobhbradley
I just hope and pray that they hand out the beer in "Maßkrügen" (bavarian volume measurement for 1 litre of beer in one glass/stein) instead of those tiny bottles/glasses.
yes... that would definitly be first class
maybe we all can have heidsieck straight out of the bottle as well
Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, Skywards Silver, Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold VIP, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by sentom
yes... that would definitly be first class
maybe we all can have heidsieck straight out of the bottle as well
"I'd prefer my Heidsieck out of a Maßkrug, please..." - I'd just love to see the FA's reaction when she recognizes what I just said...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.