Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by rorschi
What will LH do when I decide to pay the 2000 EUR and send them the form ?
Hmmm......take your money?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Well, you get the letter with 12,000 miles to go and I don't get it with 9,000 miles to go. Weird.
True. But then I did not collect miles since March with one intra-Asian exception.

Still I wonder if anyone on Earth would pay 2 grand for the measly SEN service ?

The other thingie I wondered about is that upon this occasion, they did not offer me accelerated status mileage earning. As they always did in the past.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by weero
Still I wonder if anyone on Earth would pay 2 grand for the measly SEN service ?
I might.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 6:02 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
I was in the post-office at MUC this morning, standing 30 minutes in a zig-zag-queue just behind a mother with her constantly caughing child.

I would have paid a lot for bypassing this queue by the "post office SEN lane", believe me. The most valuable SEN-perks for me are the special lanes at check-in and security (MUC is really good for that), so I'm convinced in the meantime that 2'000 EUR is a good value for all this.

The question is: Actually I'm requalified until 02/10. What should I do 2009? Speculate that this offer to renew the SEN-status is still here, or fly with paid tickets?

OK, what should I know today abot 2010...
Old Sep 29, 2007, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What should I do 2009?
Ask TFM, what else?

This is easy. Based on today's rules, here's what to do:

In 2009, you fly like you always do. If you don't earn enough status miles for SEN, wait for a "keep status" offer arriving in your mailbox in the third quarter. If it doesn't arrive or do the job, wait for the 2000 EUR offer (or call M&M about it). If they won't let you pay for your status and you still can't requalify with flights, do nothing. Then take your vacation and book a nice RTW for January/February 2010. You might find out that I'm booking one, too, so we can travel together (but I will sit in F). Pack a lot of coffee. Requalify SEN by 2/28/2010 and enjoy it for another THREE years.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:01 am

TFM, you and your ideas are brilliant.

I have just a clarification question (don't forget - I'm still a kind of "newbie" for M&M ):

-I have requalified my status in 2007. So my SEN-status is valid the following two full calendar years - i.e. 2008 and 2009. I have to make my 100/130K either in 2008 or 2009 for remaining SEN for 2010 and 2011. Right?

-If I don't make the required flights in 2008 or 2009, but 100/130K between Jan 1st and Feb 28th 2010, will this count as a new qualification, although my old card is still valid? Does this mean, I will get a new card valid until 02/2013 and have to requalify either in 2011 and 2012?

I ask because this is my very first requalification-period with M&M and I have no big experience with this topic. When I became my SEN-card from LX on Apr 1st, 2006, my card was valid until 02/08 only. This means, I had only one full requalification-year (2007), independent how much I flew in the past...

But planning my future until 02/2013 is quite a strange issue for me. Does M&M still exist then? Will I have grey hairs then? Will there be further enhancements? Will I have hairs at all then? How old will I be then?
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) Right! ^
2) Yep!

Of course, you could also do your FRWSTARx in March or April of 2010, but you'll do it as a temporary FTL, which of course won't practically matter at all since you are travelling on an F ticket. It might be inconvenient for LH VISA card holders, as they'd get a new FTL credit card and number in February 2010, then another new SEN credit card and number in March or April.

Last edited by flysurfer; Sep 29, 2007 at 7:31 am
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
I might.
Naaaah - you said 1500 Euros during the ZRH DO ... not 2K .

But I always liked the F*RTW coup in January .
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I always liked the F*RTW coup in January .
You can come along, as well.
There's still room in Y.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:21 am

Naaaah - you said 1500 Euros during the ZRH DO ... not 2K .
We learned at the Q&A-session on Sunday that it costs now 2000EUR.

(and we maintain silence for all other enhancements which were communicated, too ).

weero, sad that you were not with us on Sunday (and that we missed us for short on Saturday).
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Of course, you couls also do your FRWSTARx in March or April of 2010, but you'll do it as a temporary FTL, which of course won't practically matter at all since you are travelling on an F ticket.
It will matter. I imagine that I'll have to fly MUC-ZRH and back in the first days of March 2010, and there is no F...
Old Sep 29, 2007, 8:07 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
It will matter. I imagine that I'll have to fly MUC-ZRH and back in the first days of March 2010, and there is no F...
F.... ? => Flight ?
Old Sep 29, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Yes, I would even for my emps (employees for the record ).

The booking guarantee is the big deal. We already had to find some crazy routings in order to get one of us to some destinations. C and D is frequently sold out a week before travel for running destinations. So I better pay 2K once for an employee rather than paying him full fare F or let him travel through 2 or 3 connection airports in order to reach his business completely tired then.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
hiring?

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Yes, I would even for my emps (employees for the record ).

The booking guarantee is the big deal. We already had to find some crazy routings in order to get one of us to some destinations. C and D is frequently sold out a week before travel for running destinations. So I better pay 2K once for an employee rather than paying him full fare F or let him travel through 2 or 3 connection airports in order to reach his business completely tired then.
would n't we love to work for Sleepovergreenland?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 8:23 am

..weero, sad that you were not with us on Sunday (and that we missed us for short on Saturday).
You were in ZRH - looks as if I was there the wrong days .

No TEO, no rorschi ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.