Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish reopens lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
The whole damn thing is getting ridiculous, not just in WAW or with LO. Time to open up the lounges, FCT etc. with full service and get things back on track again. What do these local government pen pushers think they are achieving by imposing these petty rules? It’s just an ABM- a job creation scheme for wooden bureaucrats who otherwise would have nothing at all to do. Incredible to think this nonsense has been going on (with breaks here and there) for a year now...
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Have you read/seen the report on how PL is currently suffering under the pandemic?
8420PR and Marcin83 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Have you seen the report that says eating is less safe than drinking? Why is there no research into straws... probably the reason there’s no proper research into masks also
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Looking at the current occupancy rate of ICUs in PL I would agree that straws and masks have limited use. Keeping everyone at home would help...
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Things are really lovely in Poland, this past weekend I’ve stayed in a hotel, went to open cafes, two bars, a restaurant and only wore the mask a few times, on the flight where it can’t be avoided.

If it wasn’t for the far-left and right wing press banging on I wouldn’t have a clue there is such a crisis.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Things are really lovely in Poland, this past weekend I’ve stayed in a hotel, went to open cafes, two bars, a restaurant and only wore the mask a few times, on the flight where it can’t be avoided.
They reopened the hotels? Or it is yet another loophole like you need to book a 'medical treatment' to be able to stay at the hotel
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by TPJ
They reopened the hotels? Or it is yet another loophole like you need to book a 'medical treatment' to be able to stay at the hotel
Hotels are probably open to foreigners on business trips (not to be confused with Business Class trip)
However, I'm more curious about those bars and restaurants...
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There’s a good few restos/bars open in WAW and KRK and they have an interesting atmosphere sitting with fellow Murderers
TPJ likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mazurek (non-Schengen lounge) is planned to be open by June, this is very positive news
The Covid-19 policy, unlimited changes, presently covering tickets issued to 31MAY will be extended a few months
Old May 26, 2021, 8:11 am
TPJ

As per Polish forum hot food will be back to the lounge from May 28. I hope it also means at least soft drinks will be back, too (or one can dream about booze ).

link: Nowy Salonik *Gold Polonez na Ok?ciu - otwarcie 22 grudnia - Strona 81
Old May 26, 2021, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I thought I wrote all this last week?

Booze is coming back, plus cocktails by the staff, thats why the bar has been there for about a month. There might be a bartender if Basia's busking is good enough on the Nowy Swiat.
TPJ likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Make that 3 weeks ago

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33231081-post1315.html
Old May 27, 2021, 8:04 am
TPJ

Note to self: read hugolover's posts carefully

BTW... I am flying to IST tomorrow, so maybe it will be my lucky day. (Then I will buy a lottery ticket as normally I miss good stuff by a few hours, like in 2017 when a new NZ lounge in MEL opened just one day after my departure.)
Old May 28, 2021, 10:04 am
TPJ

The first day...

1. Lounge looks the same as last year, Elite (a-lounge-within-the-lounge) is closed
2. There is a bar, when I entered (just after LO afternoon peak) it was not manned - I helped myself and no one said a word (reminded me of SQ LHR lounge where the bar was not manned during the off-peak hours - those were the days....)
3. Hot food is the same like last year in the Elite Lounge - I had cod that was phenomenal (for an airport food), you need to order through the attendant
4. Cold food is self serve from the fridges
5. Soft drinks are self serve
5. Water features on the wall became SHARP adverts points

Overall - a very, very solid experience - KUDOS TO LOT!

PS. I need to buy this lottery ticket - TK sent a long-haul A333 to WAW this evening - I have a fully flat seat to IST
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: LH SEN *
In the lounge now. Lufthansa lounges should learn from LOT Polonez. The cod dish is definitely recommended!

more4less, hugolover and Marcin83 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.