LOT Polish reopens lounges

Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LOT Polish reopens lounges

I’m finally back to playing my part with Earth-destroying air travel, gushing my carbons over the Polish populous.

Flight this morning was a few seats short of full if you consider that they’re selling 50% of seats. A full bottle of water and an Apple pasty was served. I couldn’t imagine the Chinese virus would actually enhance onboard service!

According to the Purser there were 5 SEN and a few FTL onboard. Naturally the political class feature prominently.

Polonez is open 7AM to 5PM and has been curtained off to where the old swinging chairs used to be. Full alcohol is available (No champagne as per FTL spec) but food is only sandwiches and snacks which are in packets. A number of tables were occupied by LOT management working on their laptops.

Domestically a number of airports have re-opened their lounges except KRK which is a bit tight. But you can pay 738zl plus tax (but not applicable to Gov travel) per pax to use the VIP terminal if you wish. They sure know which side their bread is buttered.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
LO loads in the first day after resumption

From the Polish forum:

LOT a koronawirus - Strona 40

Gdańsk LO 3836 22 pax
LO 3816 19 pax
Kraków LO 3924 25 pax
Poznań LO 3948 17 pax
Rzeszów LO 3812 13 pax
Wroclaw LO 3848 16 pax
Zielona Góra LO 3986 8 pax
Szczecin LO 3936 51 pax
The same forum is reporting LO Lounge in WAW has pre-packaged sandwiches. Wine is available (not sure about other booze).
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
From the Polish forum:

LOT a koronawirus - Strona 40

The same forum is reporting LO Lounge in WAW has pre-packaged sandwiches. Wine is available (not sure about other booze).
As I wrote above. Full alcohol is available as per the usual spec for Polonez FTL side. Food
was the Do&Co sandwiches, chicken, ham, pate & mozzarella. Cheesecake and chocolate cake. Wafers and the carrot crisps.

KRK lounge will open later this week or next.

Those loads are the morning. Back to KRK it was not bad at all. I was surprised.

Crew were very nice and flights used for flight and cabin crew training.
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KRK lounge is open from Monday 8 JUN.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
As I wrote above. Full alcohol is available as per the usual spec for Polonez FTL side. Food
was the Do&Co sandwiches, chicken, ham, pate & mozzarella. Cheesecake and chocolate cake. Wafers and the carrot crisps.

KRK lounge will open later this week or next.

Those loads are the morning. Back to KRK it was not bad at all. I was surprised.

Crew were very nice and flights used for flight and cabin crew training.
Champers too?

Those carrot crisps are absolutely disgusting! Is there anyone out there who actually likes them? Maybe some friend of Szumowski or other PiS crook got the contract to sell them to LOT after finding out nobody else would eat them.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Prosecco only I'm afraid as only the FTL side is open. There was a Chablis that was enhanced away as soon as it was consumed-not by me! The biggest issue was no ice. I don't see why glasses are forbidden when they go in a commercial dishwasher and yet a stack of plastic cups piled up like a kids party is more hygienic.

Carrot crisps are awful. Crisps would be much nicer and cheaper to produce all things being equal. There was a contract for peanuts that went into place in Feb that were onboard for a bit before lockdown started. They must have millions of unused packets in a warehouse.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boekel
if you offer bottled water you can also offer other bottled or canned drinks. The same applies for food items. Just kitkat and crips seems a bit cheap
Its only been three days but LOT have already added more items to the lounge food offer. Some instant porridge, flapjacks, croissants, packaged fresh fruit & Chinese crackers. That’s in addition to the sandwiches I mentioned the other day. Plus full alcohol.

Just noticed there are hot meals to order.
NewAtlantis likes this.

Last edited by hugolover; Jun 4, 2020 at 2:29 am
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:42 am

Have you seen the lounges? No drinks and no food. Just water and some crisps and Kit Kat’s.

How come no booze? No sandwiches? LOT have the usual booze offer minus ice.
Maybe they're using the BA excuse and claiming that social distancing is impossible in the presence of alcohol?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There are hot meals available in Polonez. Let’s put it another way. LO currently offer a better product than the Concorde (sic) room obviously that includes the SEN Lounges. An excess of 5 billy is too little to offer anything but Kit Kat’s and crisps.

They’re not Do&Co spec, they’re from SkyBar. Passable but no awards compared to what we are used to.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There are hot meals available in Polonez. Let’s put it another way. LO currently offer a better product than the Concorde (sic) room obviously that includes the SEN Lounges. An excess of 5 billy is too little to offer anything but Kit Kat’s and crisps.

They’re not Do&Co spec, they’re from SkyBar. Passable but no awards compared to what we are used to.

This Chicken Tikka Massala seemed familiar to me

From the BoB menu of LV 8009 from ORY to EWR on 1 March 2020

The other options including the vegetarian pasta and the lasagna also seem familar.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Check the SkyBar. It might prove or disprove your assertion.

Either way, SkyTrax 3 Star LOT should not be using 5 Star Helga as a mop.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.topsfoods.com/inflight

Thanks to our patented sterilization process we produce mouth-watering meals without preservatives or flavour enhancers that have a stable shelf life of 6 months. Zero waste, no chilled or frozen logistics required and our packaging is specially designed for inflight oven use. Meals are quickly prepared in the onboard oven (10 min at 150°C). Cutlery and condiments included. So boost your buy-on-board program now and offer convenient 24/7 premium inflight meal solutions. Tops Foods offers you a broad selection of tasty shelf stable meals and snacks.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Very happy to see you follow my posts. Didn’t you post once about those nuclear sandwiches that LH serve?

Anyway, maybe WhatsApp this to Carsten tonight? Premium LH SEN need not eat Kit Kat and crisps!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:50 am

hugolover
1) Glad to see you went for the Chicken Tikka Massala!
2) You said they had Prosecco instead of Champers but it's clearly Cava, so one notch down instead of 2
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager

Not bad at all.
curious when LH will finally open First lounges and Services again. Before that, I try to avoid FRA.

Last edited by Raul_R; Jun 7, 2020 at 4:25 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.