Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish reopens lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XmaX
Slightly off-topic, but has anyone been in WRO recently?

Anyone knows what that includes?

This is annoying, as WRO is technically my home airport in Poland, and my flight in January would be only my first chance to visit the lounge - too bad my flight is at 5:20 am
Thats unlucky you are on the Saturday flight. I suspect it’s an oversight to not be open for that Basia service as she is main carrier that still pays for a lounge.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Any update on WAW lounge? Still no food, even for take away?

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That’s an idea, but it’s not go further. Absolutely nothing is offered. As I wrote, the plan is to re-register Do&Co as some kind of other company and this means they can serve food again...allegedly!
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:21 am

Planning to fly via WAW on 11 January, onto a non-Schengen flight. Any idea whether the LOT lounges will be operating in January?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Its very unlikely to have food and drink. Mazurek (non-Schengen) will be shut, you can use Polonez.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Polonez is a glorified waiting room now - zero service, not even water. Absolute disgrace. When I visited Preludium a few months back it was pre-packed food service and drinks served by the attendant.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wmaciej
Polonez is a glorified waiting room now - zero service, not even water. Absolute disgrace. When I visited Preludium a few months back it was pre-packed food service and drinks served by the attendant.

As is Preludium and pretty much KRK. Complain and ask them why POZ, KTW, WRO, GDN are open as usual.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by hugolover
As is Preludium and pretty much KRK. Complain and ask them why POZ, KTW, WRO, GDN are open as usual.
the agent in the transfer desk recommended getting food from the outlets and sending the bill to LO - which I intend to do.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good luck with that .

There's also foodtogate.pl
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Good luck with that .

There's also foodtogate.pl
I’m quite happy to take them to small claims court for that if need be. Not even having bottled water available for J pax is just taking a piss.

Polonez is a joke anyway. A few years back I’ve had an argument with lounge manager about the shower - which didn’t even have soap and shampoo available. When asked if he’s seen a lounge anywhere in the world that would provide showers but no toiletries he stated he doesn’t travel so he’s never been to another lounge.

Last edited by wmaciej; Jan 2, 2021 at 9:15 am
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well you'll lose that and pick up Basia's costs, because they will just say it's because of lockdown, which to be fair is true. The issue is that the other lounges ignore it, but both open lounges in WAW respect it. If your case is ever heard and you have such time to pursue it, they will say all F&B is shut, there was even a curfew on 31/12 and the other lounge in the airport, operated by a totally different company, Preludium, is also serving you air.

The Polish law really doesn't allow lounges by any reasonable interpretations, the UK one does. Look at Germany, its terrible take away sandwiches and coffee you'd use to dye your shoes.

The best they could do is just give you bottled water to take away like KRK. If you'd flown lovely BArb you'd have the identical complaint, because she is using Preludium with its hot air and zero bottled water.

I've never used the shower there for obvious reasons .

By the way, you flew J to LHR, how was the F&B? Back to a hot meal I hope? A lot better than what Barb gives you on that route.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KRK is now offering take away sandwiches and pastries. Everything was fresh and tasty and consistent with something you'd want to buy than a typical lounge freebie. Chalk and cheese compared to what Helga is giving away in her lounges.

There's a wide variety of soft drinks in cans and plastic bottles, coffee/tea and its all packaged in a way to carry it with you.

Shameful that WAW has absolutely nothing. They talk about the different interpretations however there is nothing stopping them from offering take-away food, they just don't feel like they need to. While the lounge is empty and the schedule is cut back consider that many pax just avoid a lounge that is nothing more than a waiting room.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Still no food in WAW Lot lounge even for take away? Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Correct. There is take-away in the airport run Preludium and Bolero though.

It’s thought Basia might start this around April.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The rule in Polonez is now it’s fine to drink but not eat, staff are asking pax to stop eating, but drinking, including your own booze is fine.

Surely the most appropriate step would be to require the use of straws to prevent the deadly aerosol virus particles that are more prevalent while eating, because otherwise I cannot think why eating is bad but drinking is OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.