Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish reopens lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2020, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I’m not sure what’s going on, but personally we (and a few pax I chatted to joining in our conversation) find the new menu utter crap.

The beef is passable, but not enough sauce, the additions are dry. It’s a reincarnation of the old buffet option.

The duck ravioli are as dry as old boot leather. That poor thing spent its life quacking for nothing. They also look baked.

The 5PM dinner menu is just dry crap like prawns in pastry in a box. The chicken skewer is passable.

I don’t understand why they bother putting small boxes of catering salad on the tray and a brownie. From what I could see, it all goes in the bin. Catering salad is dry and awful due to the way it is prepared. No oil can save it (and none is included by default)

Tasty Asian noodle thing is gone, replaced with small boxes of catering salad with a bit of chicken thrown on top.

Finally, the Parma ham with melon was fine a few days ago, in fact really tasty, but second visit the melon is so unripe it’s like cutting through a Granny Smith. Why serve that?

I already commented that the breakfast has been downgraded from typical Polish sausages to Frankfurters and the omelette is more like a Y one without the tomato purée on the side as before.

From what was an improvement on the previous offer is a huge downgrade in our opinion. As my head is not in a dark place I can happily criticise Basia where criticism is due.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Basia responds so fast to customer complaints....

The “new menu” I described above is straight down the lav. The previous breakfast and dinner options are back due to “customer feedback”. No more dry omelette with a side of dry broccoli.

Those domestic HON’s must have been complaining to the right places...
chris63 and TPJ like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I noticed a few LOT staff in Mazurek yesterday around the desk when I had a wander before my MSQ. I wonder if its going to re-open? As lounge visits are down 75% it would be surprising if that was on the cards.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No champagne AGAIN. Second time in the week. I know it was in-stock yesterday. It’s seems they remove it for my flights

The excuse is delivery. Lounge guests are down 75-80% and yet the stocks are bereft quicker than ever before. Does Comrade Kaczek need to raid the mattress again?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Very sad to report that from tomorrow Polonez will be open from 0600-2130 on account of the red zone rules. Meaning the lounge closes a good 1hr30 before the late departure bank
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:53 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Very sad to report that from tomorrow Polonez will be open from 0600-2130 on account of the red zone rules. Meaning the lounge closes a good 1hr30 before the late departure bank
At least they keep the lounge open. Nothing like 'we close/remove food/remove alcohol for your safety'
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
At least they keep the lounge open. Nothing like 'we close/remove food/remove alcohol for your safety'
The lounge will close at 21:00. Last flights are 23:05 a bit later for VNO.

Shortly take away food will be offered to eligible pax.

I have some thoughts on this, but generally I find this pi$$ poor, the failure of Basia is to persuade the government to keep airside services open. It’s moronic frankly. KRK will open its lounge at 04:30 and not serve anything until 0600. With the exception of WAW, there are a whole host of departures over PL prior to 0600, where pax can’t even sit in a cafe with a hot cup of coffee. In WAW, LOT is adversely affected wrt the evening bank which is fed by what’s left of the European network.

Countries with similar lockdowns don’t restrict their airside services. Airports are special and common sense should prevail. This isn’t about the lounge but the provision of airside F&B.
TPJ and Marcin83 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mr Milky is meeting with the Gov to try to resolve this issue
chris63 and TPJ like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

All lounges closed for two weeks starting tomorrow. Those morons haven’t exempted airside.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by hugolover
All lounges closed for two weeks starting tomorrow. Those morons haven’t exempted airside.
damn! I have layovers in WAW tomorrow and on Sunday... What to do?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

To my surprise, KRK will open their lounge but have no F&B at all, a bit like they have between 0430-0600. I find that very unlikely to work financially.

They’re trying to get some kind of agreement with PGL.

WAW just closes tonight and that’s it. McDonalds and I guess the take away likes of Paul’s will be open.

Communism is cancer. They’re expert practitioners of it.
TPJ likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hydro88
damn! I have layovers in WAW tomorrow and on Sunday... What to do?
Based on the update on the Polish forum Airport Authorities lounge will be open - but it will be waiting room only - no food/drinks. They accept PP, if you have one...
Old Oct 24, 2020, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Based on the update on the Polish forum Airport Authorities lounge will be open - but it will be waiting room only - no food/drinks. They accept PP, if you have one...
I think using the lounge in these circumstances can give the operator an indication such conditions are acceptable.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Get this. Lounges can't have any F&B in them whatsoever. You can't even bring your OWN water bottles, sandwiches, all forbidden. Essentially, prisoners have more rights in their cells than pax do in PGL lounges. Why open it? Some kind of scam to collect money from Basia, Helga, PP and the like but provide nothing. I was at least going to use it knowing I could sit and eat an airport bought coffee and pastry in the "comfort" of the lounge. But now, whats the point?
more4less likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Banning water and even banning people bringing in their own water is beyond crazy. Do they think that pax will look at a half empty water bottle left by some previous pax and think “Ooh, I’ll take a swig from that”
more4less and hugolover like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.