Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish reopens lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by hugolover
LOT of course, but it sounds like you won't have access?

Is this an OnHoliday flight where there is no C cabin? For example TLL-WAW-BCN?
It's a regular LOT flight but I can upgrade to Premium and buy access to LOT or use PPL's services or priority pass for lounge access, although on the way back I will have access as holding a BP in C!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You can use Plusgrade to upgrade straight to C, it skips P
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa
+1 Luftansa lounges (SEN and bussiness) never had such a good food as you can find today in LOT lounge in Warsaw. I was there few days ago and was positively supprised.
Yes, it's a great lounge (elite) and I like the "new" docor from last summer. Not sure how it's going to look with time? But now it is cool!
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
At the Elite Room in the LOT Polonez lounge. Nice breakfast options, no "scrambled eggs" made from egg-ish powder. Showers are open now in the Business Class section.

Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I saw someone try to use the AirDresser yesterday, within minutes it was beeping saying "contact service center" I don't think it has any water in it, so its just for show.

In the evening you can ask for the breakfast stuff if they run out of dinners.
iLied likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:19 am

What time LOT open lounges at WAW , I have tomorrow early flight at 6.00 hope they will open at 4.30 am ?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Garimi
What time LOT open lounges at WAW , I have tomorrow early flight at 6.00 hope they will open at 4.30 am ?
5am IIRC
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:27 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I had very good beef cheeks in non-Schengen lounge on Friday evening. Dessert selection was limited though, especially comparing to Elite Lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Breakfast was crap, the sort of frankfurters bad parents give their kids from a jar.

One rotation is really good, then the second is just rubbish.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Champagne is back
iLied and JD3313 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is the LOT Elite lounge still only for the following categories of passengers?

* Star Alliance Business Class Passengers ( Intercontinental flights: USA, Canada, Japan, China)
* Star Alliance Passengers with HON, SEN status level

For those Star Golds in LOT economy who are Star Golds from non-European programs, is access to LOT Elite off-limits?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

All Star Gold get in
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
All Star Gold get in
There were multiple discussions why e.g. LH lets all *G access SEN lounges. Apparently *A allows to a charge a supplement (someone mentioned something in the range of USD 10, but this was never confirmed), if they allow *G to access a 'better' lounge (and not own *G flies in Y, in C the operating carrier pays - was the consensus). This would nicely explain why LO allows *G to access Elite Lounge (CA and LH Group allow to use F-lounges and SEN lounges, respectively).

My observation from Elite Lounge is that most people do not drink champagne or Hendrick's gin - they go with a lower quality booze (or stick to soft drinks). Food is the same (apart from a few desserts), so LO most likely actually makes money on non M&M *G accessing this lounge
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by TPJ
Apparently *A allows to a charge a supplement if they allow *G to access a 'better' Lounge. This would nicely explain why LO allows *G to access Elite Lounge
This does not explain why *G departing in Y from SIN end up in a crappy dark SQ dump without a restroom, because they are not even allowed in SQ Business Class Lounge.
testman likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by andywaw
This does not explain why *G departing in Y from SIN end up in a crappy dark SQ dump without a restroom, because they are not even allowed in SQ Business Class Lounge.
Some airlines try for exclusivity in their higher tier lounges. United Polaris were the same, *G not enough, you needed to be flying business or first on an international departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.