Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish reopens lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:11 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by andywaw
The service is very nice and personal, ordered hot meals are delivered to your table in a few minutes.

Omelette with mushrooms and zucchini

Rigatoni pasta with tomato sauce,mozzarella and grana padano cheese
Looks like a upgrade from the previous selections
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Old Jul 27, 2020, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I witnessed a German HON bullying staff to give him champagne because Elite is closed. Unfortunately they relented. When Helga’s lounges were stuffed with Kit Kat’s and Pretzels do you think she went in the back and started slicing the Pata Negra? Of course not. She would tell him to take a ride. What a Willy Wonka .

This guy always has a problem, so why does he keep flying Basia (or maybe it’s those lovely F fares...reminder F is discount business)
more4less, TPJ and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Metal cutlery is back on the hot meals. Plastic on the buffet. Tomato soup with the toast sticks was extremely tasty and not as watery as it was before.

The lounge is very busy given the lower capp. and it will be good when the Elite is open.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Elite will open Monday, 3rd August.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
Elite will open Monday, 3rd August.
Can confirm it’s open, champagne and San Pelly are back!

Plus all those lovely lounge fees from Helga...
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:39 am

New sofas and armchairs in the Elite section main room, but they have removed most of the slumber beds from the back room

Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, been there. Not a fan. This is the kind of furniture that looks nice for a while but quickly soils. Looks like the rooms at the Hilton Berlin. Its fine in a flat if you will never spill red wine and oily foods on it, but a public place? The previous chairs are wipe clean, the same reason leather is the most popular furnishing for lounges worldwide. Naturally this is a sponsorship deal like the Sharp Telly's that are used to play only ads.

Why are the tables so small? How does it help social distancing? The brown armchairs were ugly but practical, the arms could be used to put small plates on. It's going to be so premium with those big plates they serve the hot food on, all your premium pax will be sat like its a tv dinner across their lap when its busy on a Monday morning and Thu/Fri afternoon.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:18 am

Totally agree. Looks nice but not practical. Some chairs are very small, and yes the tiny tables hardly hold the tray when you are served hot food. The big leather armchairs are so much easier to clean and be disinfected, which seems convenient nowadays. Well, they all have been moved to the back rooms now.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 4:16 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Elite Lounge

It is now open with new furniture and design.

Good self service dessert selection. Otherwise the same drill as in the non-Elite lounge: sandwiches in the fridge plus hot meal on order.

Champagne is still Lanier.

Only plastic glasses.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
'As SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus precaution, we now serve Lubuski Gin in our KRK lounges.

By serving non-drinkable booze, we would like to make make sure our passengers keep masks on their faces at all times and do not approach bar, thus maintaining social distancing.

We hope our passengers would appreciate this enhancement.

With kind regards,

KRK AIrport Authorities'

[just kidding... or maybe not]
You were kidding but I am not.

The line is “they were asked by many passengers to introduce Lubuski gin”.

And they say that Polish people have no taste?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It’s dark in the back and I didn’t notice that there are three day beds left.

There seems to be a few more differences between the FTL and SEN side, there was Parma ham with Melon which was very good.

A new dinner option has been added consisting of prawns in pastry and a chicken skewer. I’m not sure how it’s dinner when it’s smaller than the lunch options. I didn’t think it was much cop.

Lallier is really not a bad plonk and is much improved on the Feuillate.

Finally, omelette is changed, it’s no longer with a tomato sauce and the other option, sausages has changed from more polish sausages to a Frankfurter...
yurtripper likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I’ll get the chance to check out the food and drinks on Monday 24th, when I return to Polonez for the first time in nearly 6 months.

I think it’s a bit more politesse to eat one’s meal at the counter facing the TV (as in andywaw’s pic), before slinking off to the leather chairs in the back section (which seems like a no-brainer now, considering the furniture in the main section).

Fortunately, it’s a Schengen connection (to BHX via FRA) so I don’t have to worry about sinking so much Lallier that I forget to add enough time to get through passport control.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Looks like the GDN lounge used by LO and LH is open.

What's the access policy. Flying LO in eco as a *G (not M&M)? I know LH doesn't pay for contract lounges anymore, not sure about LO. I guess the alternative is PP.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Looks like the GDN lounge used by LO and LH is open.

What's the access policy. Flying LO in eco as a *G (not M&M)? I know LH doesn't pay for contract lounges anymore, not sure about LO. I guess the alternative is PP.
LOT pays for access in all the regular stations it flies to, exception is some of the OnHoliday flights.
flyertalker28120 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.