Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Interesting new cover page to the invol rules:
Do I read this right:
so if I have a flight in P and only Z is available for the new date I want to take the flight, this is possible without paying the fare difference ?

Because just yesterday, the agent in the Swiss call center wanted to have 600+ CHF from me for this.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Only if your flight was cancelled.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Only if your flight was cancelled.
Yes, of course, the flights were in March and April and all cancelled.
So why did the Swiss agent ask for the fare difference, even when I told him that same booking class (meaning "business") is allowed due to policy ?
And HUACA didn't work, since I ended up exactly with the same guy... great.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Do I read this right:
so if I have a flight in P and only Z is available for the new date I want to take the flight, this is possible without paying the fare difference ?

Because just yesterday, the agent in the Swiss call center wanted to have 600+ CHF from me for this.
Had exactly the same issue. Had flight with LX from ZRH to AUH in P.
New date the first flight to AUH was only in Z available. So I told them to book ZRH - MUC - AUH which was available in P without fare-diff.
Maybe you can find a flight with connection too.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by thanaset
I booked the flight ticket with AMEX Travel and they will charge me EUR30 for the rebooking? Can I rebook or call LH by myself?
You booked with AMEX so you need to deal with AMEX. LH will refuse to do the rebooking but will refer you to contact AMEX for rebooking. Any fees agreed with AMEX is between AMEX and you, not LH; LH can't do anything about it.

For EUR 30 I would not put up a big fight
thanaset likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
My issues with LH

1. CDG-ZRH-CDG. CANCELLED, have been waiting for refund since Mar. 3. LH have confirmed three times refund pending, still no $.
2. CDG-FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA-CDG. CANCELLED, LH first wanted to charge me almost double to travel on other dates, then told my TA they would accept the new dates. WEEKS later they are now telling him actually they will not accept the new dates and want me to travel on different dates, still in progress.
3. HEL-FRA-EWR, LAX-FRA-ARN. CANCELLED, have not been able to get LH on the phone, would like a full refund on this one.

I won't forget the way LH have treated me when this is all over. I will think long and hard about booking with them ever again.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 8:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Do I read this right:

I rebooked two return flights in P class on OS from LCA to TXL today. These had been cancelled by the airline and the agent had absolutely no problem in rebooking in D class without extra charge. Prior to the Covid-19 crisis, almost all business fares from LCA were in P class but now there is differentiation based on price. Using an Aegean *G card, you can now requalify with one 4-sector OS flight in D class from LCA -TXL plus one economy return to TXL on A3. Amazing!
Old May 30, 2020, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I got an email asking me reconsider the refund I'd requested for a cancelled ticket, and accept instead a rescheduled journey up until end 2021. Fine: win-win - Lufthansa keeps me and my cash, i get the trip in 2021.

So I called to reschedule the trip i should have started last week. Booked and paid for in March.

I got Capetown. The agent was adamant I would have to pay any fare difference AND as my ticket is valid only until March 2021 I'd have to travel before that date or have the ticket re-issued, re-priced. .

It's a Saturday. They're busy. Maybe they've recruited new agents, and maybe these are not entirely up to speed. Maybe she's right, website and the email are wrong. Who knows?
Perhaps best to let the refund run its course and buy a new ticket next year.
Old May 30, 2020, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I spoke to LH Brno today and I had no issue rebooking a trip to flights which coincidentally were only available in M class... no fare difference and confirmation that they can be rebooked again by RBD basis for free.
papasmerf likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Maybe the question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer: How to ask for a refund when the website doesn't offer the refund option? I have got 4 LH tickets for flights which were cancelled in April and May, value "only" 850 € booked on their website. I opened a ticket about missing refund option, got a Ticket No. but this was it, no more responses.
Now I have sent an E-Mail to: [email protected]. My "simple" mind was expecting at a least some kind of "Dear Customer, thank you for E-Mail etc." Wrong, only silence followed.
How best to get in touch, is the overworked Hotline the only option?
I have been a loyal LH/LX/OS Customer for many year, and while I understand the current situation is a difficult one for them, I would have expected a clear signal/message from LH/LX/OS Management that are aware of this matter, and will work to resolve it.
Now that the German taxpayer will pay for "Kurzarbeit" as well as buy 20 % of LH shares, am I naive to expect a faster refund? I think I know the answer.... ;-)
Old May 31, 2020, 4:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
BER_FLYER : you have to call in and ask for a refund, no option to do it online
Old May 31, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: M&M FTL
BER_FLYER : you have to call in and ask for a refund, no option to do it online
Thanks, Oliver2002. Had to wait for 35 minutes but a friendly agent canceled all ticket, and I have received the respective confirmation. I will report back, once the refund is actually on my CC account.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 5:15 am

Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or can advise.

I booked Heathrow-Bangalore with Lufthansa in F back in the sales at the beginning of the year for June this year. Keen to push this out to next June.

However Expedia sent an email saying they had started processing the refund, called Lufthansa who said talk to Expedia, Expedia said they couldn't book anything for May or June 2021 and were also talking about repricing.

Keen to get them to honour the original fare and don't really want the refund - anyone got any suggestions on how do this, or if its possible?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Winchy78
Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or can advise.

I booked Heathrow-Bangalore with Lufthansa in F back in the sales at the beginning of the year for June this year. Keen to push this out to next June.

However Expedia sent an email saying they had started processing the refund, called Lufthansa who said talk to Expedia, Expedia said they couldn't book anything for May or June 2021 and were also talking about repricing.

Keen to get them to honour the original fare and don't really want the refund - anyone got any suggestions on how do this, or if its possible?
\\

Since you did not book directly with Lufthansa and you chose Expedia as your Travel Agent, you will have to deal with Expedia and not LH directly.
athome and mmff like this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:22 am

Thanks for the reply!

Do you happen to know if Expedia will have access to the same rebooking options as Lufthansa or am I likely to be stuck with the refund?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.