Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Old Jun 3, 2020, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s so clear but yet it isn’t. What a bunch of shysters. Shambolic.

It’s nearly there months now since LOT have had their absolutely clear no fee to rebook any cancelled flight, no matter of RBD.
papasmerf likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by oliver2002
What does that help you if no-one seems to know this in the call centers ?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
THAT information, destine fort travel agents, is clear.
But Lufthansa agents don't appear to have received it, read and understood how to apply it.

Below is what customers see on the Lufthansa website. It's unclear, but it doesn't need to be.

Oddly, I see mo material difference between involuntary and voluntary changes.

If your flight has been cancelled, you have the following options:
You can rebook free of charge to an alternative flight to the same destination and within the same travel class.
Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. You can also change your destination and your travel class. Please note, that in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight.

=======================

Yourflight is not cancelled:
You can rebook your flight once free of charge, regardless of the terms and conditions of the originally purchased ticket. Start of travel must be latest by 31 December 2021 and the rebooking has to be done before the original start of travel.

Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. You can also change your destination and your travel class. Please note, that in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Whether this mess is intentional or just a manifestation of incompetence, it's a big stain on Lufthansa's customer service.
I honestly ask myself the same! I was just arguing with a LX representative about "same travel class". I started naively asking what is a travel class, a fare class, booking class. I was given the explanation that travel class is equal to Eco, Biz and teh other would represent the letter code (which I obviously knew but wanted to have his confirmation). When I then wanted to change a canceled flight toa new date, suddenly travel class was referring to the letter code. Yes of course. He acknowledged I have a point there but couldn't get out of him whether this is all on purpose or not....
Granite64 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:39 pm

Another thought I had. So I booked ZRH-GOT for CHF 99 during a sale. Now if that price never shows up again (which usually it would only during another sale), what would happen next? I mean I get it that from LH/LX's perspective they won't let me change to a more expensive ticket. What if there is no ticket for the same price: I cant be forced to throw more money over the fence, can I?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be hypocritical for LH to use Zoom or Teams or the like to communicate with their overseas call centre so maybe the issue is that due to the shut down no LH staff can fly to Manila to train the staff on the rules?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by LXboy
Another thought I had. So I booked ZRH-GOT for CHF 99 during a sale. Now if that price never shows up again (which usually it would only during another sale), what would happen next? I mean I get it that from LH/LX's perspective they won't let me change to a more expensive ticket. What if there is no ticket for the same price: I cant be forced to throw more money over the fence, can I?
You refer to recalculation of a fare not being available anymore (rather than up-fare to higher booking class). For cancelled flights I would expect LX to rebook without recalculation of the fare based on the new fare code, also because the booking class would remain the same.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
UPDATE on the issues I have posted about:

Trip 1: Cancelled CDG-FRA-CDG LX J. LH have been promising a refund since Mar. 3rd. Never arrived, did a chargeback, $ is back in my account.
Trip 2: Cancelled CDG-FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA-CDG LH F/AV J. LH rebooked me for new dates in 2021, no fare differene.
Trip 3: Cancelled HEL-FRA-EWR, LAX-FRA-ARN LH F. I booked through OTA, I called LH, told them I can't get the OTA on the phone and the LH agent told me to do a chargeback and notated the file to reflect the flights were cancelled, i'm entitled to a refund and to grant the chargeback. We'll see.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:51 am
Suspended

I just remembered I have an LH J ARN-MUC ticket I booked to get to Oktoberfest, which is now cancelled. Is there any ability to apply the waiver to a Sept. 19th flight, or am I SOL?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why don't you wait to see what happens closer to your departure date? Many things can happen, including a cancellation or schedule change that would allow you to cancel and get a full refund. No need to cancel/touch that booking now.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why don't you wait to see what happens closer to your departure date? Many things can happen, including a cancellation or schedule change that would allow you to cancel and get a full refund. No need to cancel/touch that booking now.
Many things can change until September, but one thing is for sure - there will be no Oktoberfest this year.
mmff likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
UPDATE on the issues I have posted about:

Trip 1: Cancelled CDG-FRA-CDG LX J. LH have been promising a refund since Mar. 3rd. Never arrived, did a chargeback, $ is back in my account.
Trip 2: Cancelled CDG-FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA-CDG LH F/AV J. LH rebooked me for new dates in 2021, no fare differene.
Trip 3: Cancelled HEL-FRA-EWR, LAX-FRA-ARN LH F. I booked through OTA, I called LH, told them I can't get the OTA on the phone and the LH agent told me to do a chargeback and notated the file to reflect the flights were cancelled, i'm entitled to a refund and to grant the chargeback. We'll see.
Wow I'm quite envious. Here's my nightmare for contrast.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:43 pm

An update to my rebooking issue:

I contacted the travel agent who initially made the original booking. They managed to rebooked me for new dates in Dec 2020 with no fare difference although it took some time for them to reach out to LX.
The inbound flights has no availability on P class on ExpertFlyer but it got rebooked somehow.
This makes me think there is an issue with the agents in LX which was not following the policy.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Yikes. Don't let them off the hook. I would say try your bank again. Try to get someone sane at the airline.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Wow - that's an impressive timeline of events. I am 100% sure you will get the money back, just with a bit longer wait. The rejected chargeback has no impact on Swiss's legal responsibility, just delays it as a reasonable company (not that Swiss is being reasonable) would no longer provide outstanding goods or services until the timeline for the issuing bank to contest the decision is complete (8 weeks from memory?).

Out of interest, did the 2 lawyers give any reason why they wouldn't take the case?
capedreamer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.