Search

Lounge at Manchester T1 - Disgrace

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Great find!

They should switch off the whole airport.
Yes,

Last night inbound, the T1 moving walkway was working........ but being the antique it is, was making groaning noises & emitting aroma of overheated grease & oil
IsleSeat and hugolover like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes,

Last night inbound, the T1 moving walkway was working........ but being the antique it is, was making groaning noises & emitting aroma of overheated grease & oil
It also did that the last time I arrived there. A very weird experience, unparalleled elsewhere.
IsleSeat and chris63 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well look what product they offer now: for only 50GBP/p you can bypass the MAN experience!

chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well look what product they offer now: for only 50GBP/p you can bypass the MAN experience!
If any airport needs that, it is MAN.

Unfortunately, LH is not listed as a partner.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Helga hasn't signed up to that...

Only Adria and TAP for Star.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
50 GBP only buys you a basic (oops, I mean ‘priority’) package which includes security and a drive to your flight but no time in the lounge. If you want to spend time in the lounge you’ll have to cough up 100 GBP.

Originally Posted by hugolover

Yes, a strange mixture of airlines. Ethiopian is also s Star carrier.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Even more superb news today. Informed at check in that Miles & More senator status no longer entitles you to priority/fast tracksecurity or lounge access on a Eurowings flight from Manchester T2. Biz tickets only. This effectively renders Manchester impossible for regular business travel when queues for security can often be over an hour in summer time. This was also confirmed at security too. Unbelievable.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: LH M+M
SEN and Eurowings BASIC is known to be "problematic" - but "Smart" should do (not only best/biz).
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
SEN and Eurowings BASIC is known to be "problematic" - but "Smart" should do (not only best/biz).
Yes that was my understanding also. I made exactly this point and was told "no, there is now a change and sorry but you cannot other than with Biz class only now at Manchester, not with SMART"
PAX_fips likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
When I flew out of MAN, for the first time, early 1999, it was such a nice, friendly airport. Fast forward twenty years and it’s a shouty, world class ****hole. So, are LH still using the Aspire Lounge? Air France have moved to a rather nicer 1903 lounge, but I believe T1 doesn’t have one of these. T1 is due to be demolished, once T2 is complete, meaning T1 is only going to get worse.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Internaut
When I flew out of MAN, for the first time, early 1999, it was such a nice, friendly airport. Fast forward twenty years and it’s a shouty, world class ****hole. So, are LH still using the Aspire Lounge? Air France have moved to a rather nicer 1903 lounge, but I believe T1 doesn’t have one of these. T1 is due to be demolished, once T2 is complete, meaning T1 is only going to get worse.
Yes, back then I used to enjoy flying out of MAN, LH used a contracted lounge that only accepted J pax, the pay for free all came later & initially was a separate lounge.

LH still use the ‘Aspire lounge’ which is up there & competing hard for worst lounge anywhere....

T1 is due to be demolished if it lasts that long & doesn’t disintegrate beforehand
Internaut and The Wolf like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:10 pm

https://twitter.com/MANPremiAir/stat...87412809547776
Originally Posted by worldclubber
If any airport needs that, it is MAN.

Unfortunately, LH is not listed as a partner.
Originally Posted by hugolover

I bet all my money that in half a year that "premium" experience is full of hen parties and stag-do's.

When I was living in MAN, my impression was that the biggest problem is that as the airport is a pay-per-everthing, and (amazingly) people is willing to pay, so everything was way over capacity. When I flew LH in J, there were more paying customers in the Lounge that people accessing through a J / Y+status ticket. And that "premium" terminal will be no difference...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:41 am
Suspended

Which is the lesser of the two evils: The Aspire T1 or the Escape T1? Would have access to the Aspire via LH and to either one via PP.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by speed.skater
Which is the lesser of the two evils: The Aspire T1 or the Escape T1? Would have access to the Aspire via LH and to either one via PP.
Lucky you! I suggest you try both, then come back with your verdict.
chris63 and speed.skater like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speed.skater
Since you correctly say Lesser of two evils, that would be Escape T1...... but not a lot in it
speed.skater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.