Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilots go on strike! Not again... [Nov 2016 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Now extended through Saturday 26 nov
Is this confirmed? I'm looking at both the Lufthansa website and Twitter, and I don't see any mention of 26 November. I'm booked on Lufthansa on 27 November. Getting a bit worried now
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Unbelievable! It sounds like the strike on Friday will be for shorthaul flights and on Saturday longhaul flights will be affected.

Donnerstag, 24 November 2016

Vereinigung Cockpit weitet Streik bei Lufthansa auf Samstag aus

Am 26.11.2016 werden in der Zeit von 00:01 bis 23:59 Uhr alle Langstreckenverbindungen aus Deutschland bestreikt

Die Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) wird die Piloten bei Lufthansa auch für Samstag, den 26.11.2016 in der Zeit von 00:01 Uhr bis 23:59 Uhr zum Streik aufrufen. Es sind alle Langstreckenverbindungen betroffen, die in dieser Zeit aus Deutschland abfliegen sollen.

„Die heutige Aussage von Herrn Spohr, die Zukunft der Lufthansa stehe durch eine Gehaltsanpassung beim Cockpitpersonal auf dem Spiel, stellt eine völlig überzogene Dramatisierung dar. Gerade in dem Bereich, in dem die angeblich überbezahlten Piloten beschäftigt sind, verdient Lufthansa gutes Geld.“ so Ingolf Schumacher, Vorsitzender Tarifpolitik. „Eine Schlichtung nach mehr als vier Jahren Verhandlungen macht nur dann Sinn, wenn der ernsthafte Wille an einem solchen Kompromiss nicht durch Scheinangebote konterkariert wird.“

„Es erscheint doppelzüngig, der VC vorzuwerfen, sie wolle den Tarifstreit nur eskalieren, wenn Lufthansa gleichzeitig eine hanebüchene Schadensersatzklage von über 60 Millionen Euro konstruiert, die darauf abzielt, die VC zu zerstören.“, so Rechtsanwalt Schumacher weiter.

Die VC bedauert die Auswirkungen auf die betroffenen Passagiere, Kabinenbesatzungen und Bodenmitarbeiter. Passagiere mögen sich hinsichtlich ihrer geplanten Flugverbindungen bitte direkt an Lufthansa wenden, da nicht alle Flüge bei den Konzerntöchtern bestreikt werden und nur das Unternehmen selbst sagen kann, welche Flüge durchgeführt werden.

Jörg Handwerg, Mitglied des VC-Vorstandes, steht am morgigen Freitag ab 10:00 Uhr in der Halle A des Terminal 1 am Frankfurter Flughafen für Interviews zur Verfügung.
http://www.vcockpit.de/presse/presse...thansa-an.html
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by vade
Is this confirmed? I'm looking at both the Lufthansa website and Twitter, and I don't see any mention of 26 November. I'm booked on Lufthansa on 27 November. Getting a bit worried now
I wouldn't post it if it wasn't confirmed And yes LH has since put it on Twitter (but their initial date was wrong) And yes I would be worried about Sunday and perhaps Monday
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:58 am

I wouldn't post it if it wasn't confirmed And yes LH has since put it on Twitter (but their initial date was wrong) And yes I would be worried about Sunday and perhaps Monday
Thanks, and sorry, I didn't mean it as doubting you. I am actually flying SIN-FRA-VCE, with the FRA-VCE segment on Lufthansa, booked via SQ. Should I start looking for an alternative route now? I would hate to end up stranded in FRA.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flew out of MCO last night on Virgin and saw a LH 747 parked off to the side in a dark area of the ramp.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If anyone us trying to get to the USA from MUC on Saturday, there was decent space available on the DL nonstop to ATL in business, Comfort Plus, and coach a hour or so ago.

ADDED: It's a 767 with 1-2-1 and 2-3-2 seating, AVOD tip to tail, and genuine flat beds in business class. You can probably connect to just about anywhere in the Americas on the same day or even fly to Asia or Australia the following day if you're desperate.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 24, 2016 at 11:13 am
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by vade
Thanks, and sorry, I didn't mean it as doubting you. I am actually flying SIN-FRA-VCE, with the FRA-VCE segment on Lufthansa, booked via SQ. Should I start looking for an alternative route now? I would hate to end up stranded in FRA.
Have an alternative prepared but you might not be able to change it until they officially announce the 27th It helps to have the flight options in front of you when you call the center so the agent doesn't have to look too hard for your flights you'll have to call sq for it Calling LH won't help
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:18 am

Now extended through Saturday 26 nov
Oh Oh.. that's really worse than expected..

Luckily my travel is on LX on Saturday..
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Oh Oh.. that's really worse than expected..

Luckily my travel is on LX on Saturday..
Yep usually the union doesn't want to work on weekends This is a stretch even for them I wonder if they will attack the German holiday weekend that comes around 4-7 December That will make many Germans so happy 😳
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:35 am

I cannot find any info yet on LH.com on strike extending through Saturday, is this confirmed?
Edit: saw the info in German, looking for English language official info on Nov 26th.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by view
I cannot find any info yet on LH.com on strike extending through Saturday, is this confirmed?
Yes it is confirmed Long haul flights impacted on Saturday LH will have that reflected on the website tomrw at 6a CET a timetable for Saturday will be published at that time
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by cas_de
There was a report in yesterday's Tagesthemen (ARD TV) about the LH strike and part of that was to show how LH handles the strike internally. They featured ops and the ops manager said that they're going to operate a flight BOM -> Germany, because India only grants shore passes for crew members for 48 hrs. Hence, they have to get the crew out of BOM in order not to violate the regulations and I think that they prefer to do it this way rather than have the plane sit in BOM w/out crew and then have to fly in a crew from Germany to pick up the plane once ops resume. Very interesting report...
Hmmmm, I do not like the sound of that. Managed to rebook my flight to Bom to tomorrow. Not sure that flight will operate of they are not sure it can return to Germany within 48 hours...
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:39 am

For those of you who doubt the facts about these LH announcements please follow Lufthansa news on Twitter @LufthansaNews That is the fastest way for the public to get breaking news And a few of us on here sometimes beat the public release too ��
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:40 am

Yes it is confirmed Long haul flights impacted on Saturday LH will have that reflected on the website tomrw at 6a CET a timetable for Saturday will be published at that time
Thanks. So shorthaul may be OK on Saturday then.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by view
Thanks. So shorthaul may be OK on Saturday then.
As of now yes Short haul is impacted Friday but keep in mind that some short haul flights on Saturday can be affected based on where short haul aircraft are parked on Friday Usually a particular strike day is affected by the day before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.