Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 9:46 am

Hi,

Both my wife and I have built up a similar number of award miles on M&M (as we tend to travel together)
I would now like to use them for an upgrade for us both.
Unfortunately, when I try to book, I can only see and upgrade offer based on my mileage, I cannot see the way to incorporating her mileage as well as mine
into the total fare.
Short of making two individual bookings, is there an easy way to do this?
I tried to see whether I could consolidate the miles on the M&M app but no luck there, either.
Many thanks
Old May 29, 2019, 10:12 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
You can create a Mileage Pooling with you and your wife's account. (and possible (future?) children under 18.).

https://www.miles-and-more.com/ch/de...e-pooling.html

In the M&M App in the menu there is an app to invite your partner to mileage pooling. Just do that, accept and your balances will be combined.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:15 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Carnforth
Hi,

Both my wife and I have built up a similar number of award miles on M&M (as we tend to travel together)
I would now like to use them for an upgrade for us both.
Unfortunately, when I try to book, I can only see and upgrade offer based on my mileage, I cannot see the way to incorporating her mileage as well as mine
into the total fare.
I tried to see whether I could consolidate the miles on the M&M app but no luck there, either.
Many thanks
Originally Posted by Nick Art
You can create a Mileage Pooling with you and your wife's account. (and possible (future?) children under 18.).

https://www.miles-and-more.com/ch/de...e-pooling.html

In the M&M App in the menu there is an app to invite your partner to mileage pooling. Just do that, accept and your balances will be combined.
...assuming that both M&M accounts are registered in a country that supports mileage pooling.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Carnforth
It's been a long time since I did an upgrade but iirc the upgrade tool allows you to specify a "donor" account for each passenger in a PNR.

Considering the pitiful state of LH's IT I would just call though.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: LH HON**
I need to travel Europe-PVG-Europe next month and my (strongly) preferred evening return flight on LH is not available for sale in Business on LH.com and our corporate travel agent says that Business class on that flight has a waitlist.

When I changed the sequence and searched PVG-Europe-PVG, LH.com is still selling three Business Flex seats on the very same flight. So it looks like I can buy it as an outbound ticket, but not when it is my return.

Has anyone experienced the same, any suggestion what to do (if anything can be done)? Too pricey to buy ficticious returns, so that approach is unfortunately not an option this time.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:59 am

Many thanks for the responses. It appears that the pooling facility on the app is not available to UK users.
I knew that it was originally restricted to 'home' countries but I thought it had been extended - apparently not.
I'll phone.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Hey everyone, I'm flying the following routing on a single ticket in December:

LHR-MUC J on December 17th in the evening
MUC-FRA J on December 18th next morning
FRA-PVG F on Dezember 18th shortly after the MUC-FRA flight.

Does someone know if I can use the First-Class-Check-in in Heathrow, even though the F flight is a day later? Also, can I use the Senator Lounge or possibly even the Singapore Airlines First lounge?

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: LH M+M
I don't know that rule, but since this is on one ticket, I just don't think they'd shoo you away at F check-in.
Unsure about lounge, you can ask at check-in
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Hello I am flying ORD-FRA in LH F and FRA-IST in Turkish Business. Will I be able to go to the Lufthansa First Class Terminal when i land?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Amil
Hello I am flying ORD-FRA in LH F and FRA-IST in Turkish Business. Will I be able to go to the Lufthansa First Class Terminal when i land?
No. FCT is only for flights on Lufthansa Group.

If ORD-FRA-IST is on the same ticket, you should be able to visit the First Class Lounge though, I believe.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
hmm. so maybe I should switch from turkish to LH . my girlfriend is continuing on as lufthansa so would be nice for both of us to experience FCT.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:57 pm

hmm. so maybe I should switch from turkish to LH . my girlfriend is continuing on as lufthansa so would be nice for both of us to experience FCT.
again, both the first flight and the following flight need to be LH Group, otherwise no FCT
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
See this thread for all FCT matters
Amil likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:39 am

And then you'd have to fly to IST on LH J instead of TK J. If TK Is on a widebody I wouldn't bother with the FCT and just enjoy an FCL.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:48 pm

Plus, if your girlfriend is at the airport/lounge beforehand, with the TK flight she could simply wait in the business lounge next door to the FCL. With your intention of using the FCT, she would have to wait outside in the cold* till you arrive.

*Obviously she could wait in the terminal before the walk over to the FCT. But accessing any kind of lounge airside won't be possible (unless she clears security and walks out of the secure zone afterwards again, which isn't much fun and I'm not sure even technically allowed (one could smuggle out duty free etc.)

Go with the FCL (which is having the same offers anyway as the FCT food/drinks-wise) and the TK flight - which I'd wager on average is better than the LH one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.