Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hdogan
Yes, exit row passengers board PRE. I'm guessing because they have to stow all their luggage in the overheads, so LH doesn't want to get in the situation that there's no space.
Thanks, good to know. It make sense, since you have only overhead bins to store all the hand luggage.

Regards
DC10
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chris63
LHG IT is not fit for purpose, why not just book on Expedia if the price is the same ? Or call the F hotline
Unfortunately Expedia wont give me the same routing all the way (it is trying to put me on a BA 787 from SIN>SYD rather than a Singapore A380). Ive only found general contact numbers not a specific first hotline but will have a look for that, thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE=Jon MilnerMatthews;35540414 Ive only found general contact numbers not a specific first hotline but will have a look for that, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I provided it for you already, #5106
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC
I provided it for you already, #5106
Im so sorry, you did indeed, thank you very much!
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
No problem with the LH flight number, enjoy the SEN lounge at MUC
Im afraid to report back that chris63 was incorrect: SEN lounge at MUC will not admit *A Gold passengers on EN operated flight even with an LH flight number. LH Senator are admitted but not *A.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Im afraid to report back that chris63 was incorrect: SEN lounge at MUC will not admit *A Gold passengers on EN operated flight even with an LH flight number. LH Senator are admitted but not *A.
Thanks for reporting back, no lounge access or just the business lounge ?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jon MilnerMatthews
Im so sorry, you did indeed, thank you very much!
No problem

You could also try booking the shorter connection & then calling the F line to change the LHR-FRA to the earlier connection you want, since it books into J which is highest fare bucket, if they refuse, you can cancel for free with the F line within 24 hrs.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Thanks for reporting back, no lounge access or just the business lounge ?
None at all, although I am *A (SK) Gold travelling in Y, not J. Not sure if J would have made a difference.

Sitting in Dean & David instead, eating a much better version of their menu than you find onboard LH
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
None at all, although I am *A (SK) Gold travelling in Y, not J. Not sure if J would have made a difference.

Sitting in Dean & David instead, eating a much better version of their menu than you find onboard LH
Just ridiculous when EN is owned by LHG & you are on a LH flight number
ty97 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:38 am

Question - I have an Economy Flex ticket. If I want to change to an earlier flight on the day of departure, does that option appear somewhere in the app or do I need to see an agent at the airport?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by swequentflyer
Well, they had the option on the multicity search where you could select that you wanted flexible tickets and it would give you the tickets in the most expensive classes. That option was removed since their updated web was released.

Now it won't even show me booking class if I go through the multicity tool. It will show me the regular way but there I only get Z class which doesn't earn me the miles I want.

So online searches suggest going through ITA Matrix which I do, but the booking routes after finding the fare I want there won't work. And all other guides on how to book reference the method I find above. Hence I wondered if there's a way of booking specific classes without having to call in.
Ever since the introduction of branded fares, a flex ticket is the same class as any other... no way without calling in I know of.

Originally Posted by Jon MilnerMatthews
I have found a good way round LH not offering me the earlier flights, booking it as a multi-city flight via FRA gives me the option of all LH LHR>FRA flights on the date of departure without changing the total ticket cost. Probably a very obvious solution but I hadnt thought of trying it that way, could be useful for others not used to LHs website.

Again, thanks for all the useful input, can now look at options to meet up land side at a convenient time without worrying about tight connexions.
Yes, that is what the multi city booking option is for but sometimes the prices are not the same as the options presented initially
There are added complications with multi-city in that the system will consider them as two separate legs for purposes of ancillaries (at least the new one anyway).
Probably not an issue for Jon as he is travelling in F, definitely an issue in lower classes of travel.

Originally Posted by hdogan
Yes, exit row passengers board PRE. I'm guessing because they have to stow all their luggage in the overheads, so LH doesn't want to get in the situation that there's no space.
Except for, for some reason, LX, which does not do this... integration, yay

Originally Posted by DC10
Thanks, good to know. It make sense, since you have only overhead bins to store all the hand luggage.

Regards
DC10
In case of CRJ specifically, you should have the option of leaving your carryon with a DAA tag at the door.
I do enjoy though that there is space if you board first. IME, the crews are pretty good with policing bins over the exists also if you miss the preboarding.

Originally Posted by blueflyer3
Question - I have an Economy Flex ticket. If I want to change to an earlier flight on the day of departure, does that option appear somewhere in the app or do I need to see an agent at the airport?
In theory you should be able to see it on the online checkin on the same day. I haven't had it show up yet, but I haven't had many opportunities either. Agent is a better bet. If you have a connecting flight, however, don't expect success.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:00 am

Update on the Economy Flex question: you can go to check-in --> change flights. However, I got an error on the app and also on the website. When I got to T2 check-in, I tried using a kiosk - which even though it showed seats available, said "Unfortunately we are unable to change the flight". After speaking with an agent, who verified my passport, I was able to move to an earlier flight.
chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 2:46 pm

On an LH Economy Light fare, do you get free seat reservations if *Gold? Booked into K, have status via SAS if it matters. Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7
On an LH Economy Light fare, do you get free seat reservations if *Gold? Booked into K, have status via SAS if it matters. Thanks.
No. Not even LH's own elites get free seat reservation on Light fares.
chris63 and Pumbaa7 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Silver
Lx op by ew

lx flights op by ew in D class: will mileage be 1250 + exec bonus or 2000 + exec bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.