Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Fennario
I'm curious to understand this accounting better. When I saw F4 A4, I assumed that meant all 8 seats were available, but only half of them could be purchased as A. Are all F seats also available as A?
That would be F8 A4. The class denotes all the seats available to purchase under that class in a single transaction, and it's extremely rare that you would be able to buy tickets in lower fare class that would not be also available for a higher class.

i.e. F4 A4 means that 4 seats are available and all can be purchased in F or A (online you would purchase them in A, but corporate deals or voluntary rebookings of existing tickets might put them in F)
F4 A2 would mean that 4 seats are avialable and 2 can be purchased in A. In that case online you would see the A price if you tried to buy 2 tickets for the flight, but if you tried to buy 3 tickets, you would see F price (airline will not give you 1 in F and 2 in A via online portal).
After you would purchase these three, you would see F1 A0 most likely, though in theory you might see F1 A1.
Fennario likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:47 pm

Any advice for bidding on Y-J upgrade?

Hey guys,
I have a 9 hr layover in MUC on my way back to BOS on Aug 7 and I'm thinking of bidding for an upgrade on LH424 from Y-J.
On LH's website the bidding starts at $700; I'm a newbie to this and it's always been a dream to fly J on the 380 so any advice on what a good bid would be?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: Miles and More
I’m buying a ticket FRA-HND (Tokyo) for a business trip. It has to be economy or premium economy. I’ll buy and upgrade after buying tickets with my own money but I was wondering is there a diference in upgrade price ECO->BUS AND PREM->BUS?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dopehead9
On LH's website the bidding starts at $700; I'm a newbie to this and it's always been a dream to fly J on the 380 so any advice on what a good bid would be?
Head out to the city and treat yourself to a nice lunch - don't bother staying at the airport for such a long layover. As for the flight, bid 10-20$ above minimum - anything more than that is absolutely not worth for a daytime flight to the East Coast (the J cabin on the A380 is a very underwhelming product).

Originally Posted by Impressed
I was wondering is there a diference in upgrade price ECO->BUS AND PREM->BUS?
Absolutely yes.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
I was flying LH from London last month and had the "luck" of having my flight canceled after it being delayed a few times. I was rebooked to arrive about 16h later to my destination. I paid my hotel, taxi and some meals for the night I was forced to spend in London and submitted these a month ago to Lufthansa. Does anyone have any idea how long they would take to process this? Or alternatively if there's a way to escalate it?

They were very quick on another case I opened asking for compensation for the delay itself.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Ask the lurker to check on it with the case number.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by B0gdan
I was flying LH from London last month and had the "luck" of having my flight canceled after it being delayed a few times. I was rebooked to arrive about 16h later to my destination. I paid my hotel, taxi and some meals for the night I was forced to spend in London and submitted these a month ago to Lufthansa. Does anyone have any idea how long they would take to process this? Or alternatively if there's a way to escalate it?

They were very quick on another case I opened asking for compensation for the delay itself.
For my flights made in July 2022 I received the final settlement in February 2023.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by westi2002
For my flights made in July 2022 I received the final settlement in February 2023.
Well that's encouraging...

What I found out is that they merged two separate cases (one for compensation as a result of a canceled flight, the other one for costs incurred), paid less than half of what I spent and closed both without telling me. So let's see how we untangle that.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by B0gdan
Well that's encouraging...

What I found out is that they merged two separate cases (one for compensation as a result of a canceled flight, the other one for costs incurred), paid less than half of what I spent and closed both without telling me. So let's see how we untangle that.
That's excatly what happened to me as well. In their first mail they wrote: "In order to resolve your concern we would like to offer you a payment, in the hope that this pragmatic solution contributes to a positive conclusion of your travel experience. Please note that this offer is without prejudice to the legal and factual situation."

No amount mentioned however. I kept reminding them about my 2 claims. The next mail they offered 500 EUR, where only the delay for 2 pax was an 800 EUR claim. All of their replies where on the feedback number of the delay and when they finally offered the full 800 EUR + reimbursement of the purchases made, I realized the 2 feedbacks had been combined.

Good luck, just keep reminding them you are waiting for an answer on both feedback numbers.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:45 pm

Mea Culpa. I have an itinerary that includes an LH flight in Business from MUC-YUL. Having read about LH's standard 2-2-2 seating I was confused by the seat map I was presented with... 1-2-1. This will be my first long haul flight on LH... and I DID NOT know about the Ex-PR A350's I feel like a right twit now. But a lucky one perhaps?
Old Jul 21, 2023, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by trooper
Mea Culpa. I have an itinerary that includes an LH flight in Business from MUC-YUL. Having read about LH's standard 2-2-2 seating I was confused by the seat map I was presented with... 1-2-1. This will be my first long haul flight on LH... and I DID NOT know about the Ex-PR A350's I feel like a right twit now. But a lucky one perhaps?
If you end up on a LH J flight with a single seat, you are indeed lucky, perhaps also try the Lottery & hope it continues ?
trooper likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey, fast question. I believe I have seen a lot of people here do long segments and miss a last segment. What happens if you book a round trip ticket and then skip the return segment? I assume it does not matter, and it is normally cheaper for a round trip ticket.

Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2023, 12:26 pm

Checking in to first class for two and they’re telling me the table for one of our seats is broken. And I’d have to switch to another seat at least for meals. We wanted to sit next to each other for the entire experience. I’m wondering if I should ask for compensation of some kind?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Have a small predicament-

I have a confirmed award booking for 2 passengers in First Class CDG-FRA-HND mid April next year.

I need to change the dates to the last week of March/first week of April. I know that with award bookings this can be troublesome (especially given that this is ultimate high-season in Japan). We're waitlisted on about 7 flights to HND on LH.

I was told that you can't waitlist LX flights in F, so even though many of the ZRH-NRT flights show F8A4 on the days we could fly, there's no option to book them.

Besides calling in periodically, is there anyway to monitor award F availability on Swiss? Any tips on booking CDG-ZRH-NRT as an award? Have never booked an award on Swiss before
Old Jul 23, 2023, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Have family travelling (no status) on YVR-FRA-LNZ on a business class Aeroplan ticket, with YVR-FRA in J and FRA-LNZ in Y (Air Dolomiti). I'm assuming no access to the LH Business class Lounge in FRA as that segment is in Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.