Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Hello every one. I'm Star Alliance Gold with SAS, flying UME-ARN-FRA-CPT on a Sunday evening in a couple of weeks' time. Will be in FRA-T1 Sunday 18.55-22.15.

What is your recommended lounge, either in Schengen or non-Schenen? Will want a couple of drinks and something healthy to eat before I fall asleep on the flight to CPT.
I believe LH576 leaves from B so I would use the Senator B lounge near gate B43.

Just pay attention to where your gate is, it can be quite a hike to the other arm of B.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by supine
I believe LH576 leaves from B so I would use the Senator B lounge near gate B43.

Just pay attention to where your gate is, it can be quite a hike to the other arm of B.
Many thanks for the suggestion supine , that looks good.

I just noticed I also have a long layover on the return, 05.40-10.15 on a Sunday morning. Arriving non-Schengen and departing Schengen at that time of the weekend, which is the best lounge for a shower and breakfast?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
I just noticed I also have a long layover on the return, 05.40-10.15 on a Sunday morning. Arriving non-Schengen and departing Schengen at that time of the weekend, which is the best lounge for a shower and breakfast?
You would have access to Senator A but I would use the Panorama Lounge near A26 as it is likely to be quieter with less competition for the showers.

Unlikely to be much difference in food etc.etc.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by supine

Yes, any thoughts about SENB or AC Maple leaf ?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by chris63
I would love to visit it, but I think it will be closed in the evening when I'm there.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by chris63
As already mentioned, Maple Leaf has limited hours because the last AC departure is gone by 1-2pm.

I've been in there a few times but never really found anything that would make me choose it over SEN B.

It's smaller but that's not usually a problem because less folks go to it.

I would only go back for variety. I.e. if I had an exceptionally long layover or had been in SEN B too much recently.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by sodaisei
I am Star Alliance Gold on ANA.

I plan to fly to the USA from Spain this Christmas (with a baby). Which would give me better perks on a economy basic/light fare? United or Lufthansa? (lounge? seat selection? one free checked baggage?)

Thank you
anyone?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:49 am

I’m looking to book round trip flights on the Lufthansa website from Lax-Fra-Vfa and Vfa-Jnb-Fra-Lax all on one PNR.

The Lax-Fra is a LH flight and the Fra-Vfa is a Eurowings Discover codeshare flight. When checking in for the Lax-Fra flight will LH also issue my boarding pass and transfer my luggage for the next flight on EW Discover from Fra-Vfa?

On the return leg when checking in for the flight from Vfa-Jnb an Airlink flight do I check in with Airlink or LH? If Airlink do I use the same PNR# issued by LH or do I need the Airlink PNR#?
Will Airlink also issue my boarding passes for the LH flights Jnb-Fra and Fra-Lax and transfer my luggage to the Jnb-Fra flight from Vfa? If Airlink only transfers my luggage does LH have a airside transfer counter at Jnb to pickup my boarding passes for the Jnb-Fra-Lax flights?

I know that LH and Airlink are Star Alliance members, have an interline agreement and both use Amadeus Altéa Passenger Services System.

Last edited by Curtdog9; Aug 12, 2022 at 2:16 pm
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Curtdog9
I’m looking to book round trip flights on the Lufthansa website from Lax-Fra-Vfa and Vfa-Jnb-Fra-Lax all on one PNR.

The Lax-Fra is a LH flight and the Fra-Vfa is a Eurowings Discover codeshare flight. When checking in for the Lax-Fra flight will LH also issue my boarding pass and transfer my luggage for the next flight on EW Discover from Fra-Vfa?

On the return leg when checking in for the flight from Vfa-Jnb an Airlink flight do I check in with Airlink or LH? If Airlink do I use the same PNR# issued by LH or do I need the Airlink PNR#?
Will Airlink also issue my boarding passes for the LH flights Jnb-Fra and Fra-Lax and transfer my luggage to the Jnb-Fra flight from Vfa? If Airlink only transfers my luggage does LH have a airside transfer counter at Jnb to pickup my boarding passes for the Jnb-Fra-Lax flights?

I know that LH and Airlink are Star Alliance members, have an interline agreement and both use Amadeus Altéa Passenger Services System.
i hope that the answers you got in the other two threads where you posted are clear.
chris63 and YuropFlyer like this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by 1182144
Took your advice but called - half an hour on hold but the person I spoke to was able to refund my original payment method! Thanks for your advice!
Ended up getting my refund and my MC was charged over $5000 CAD in fraudulent charges - thankfully the bank was pretty quick to get it sorted. The call center that handled the refund sounded very sketchy, person said he was located in the Philippines. Bank thinks the charges were most likely linked to that call, even though I didn't have to provide any details re the card...

Wont be flying LH Y for a while...
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:49 pm

Flying LAX > FRA, LH paper W fare class. 3 total passengers
Applied pluspoints, on the waitlist. I only see 6 open seats in bus on the seat map and when I try to buy a business class flight I can only find 1 seat (if I try to buy for more than 1 the flight doesn't show up in my search)

First time trying to apply pluspoints to LH transcon flight. Looks I'm pretty much out of luck? Or am I doing this wrong and things open up at check in? Also figure i should lob in an upgrade offer but given that it seems like there is only 1 seat in total available thats not going to work as well.

Surprised, as usually I've flown intl flights with partially empty bus cabins (for work). But not sure if flight shortages have caused this one to be full or maybe LAX > FRA is just a heavily traffic-ed route
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by arsoisaen
Flying LAX > FRA, LH paper W fare class. 3 total passengers
Applied pluspoints, on the waitlist. I only see 6 open seats in bus on the seat map and when I try to buy a business class flight I can only find 1 seat (if I try to buy for more than 1 the flight doesn't show up in my search)

First time trying to apply pluspoints to LH transcon flight. Looks I'm pretty much out of luck? Or am I doing this wrong and things open up at check in? Also figure i should lob in an upgrade offer but given that it seems like there is only 1 seat in total available thats not going to work as well.

Surprised, as usually I've flown intl flights with partially empty bus cabins (for work). But not sure if flight shortages have caused this one to be full or maybe LAX > FRA is just a heavily traffic-ed route
Flights are very full it’s holiday period in Europe until the end of this Month, if your on the waitlist that can clear at any time until the flight is closed.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium
I’m traveling next month on a paid Y fare outbound and B on the return.

I was looking to upgrade to premium economy, and at the fare paid for economy, there would be a negative price difference (current ticket is more than prem eco). I’ve struggled to execute this change. The website kept quoting a fare difference of $400 rt to reticket, and the call center wouldn’t touch it since the ticket was booked through work travel agency which doesn’t allow ticketing above eco. The buy up offer Y to E was $540 each way lol…

After some testing on other flights, I noticed that the fare difference was the same as paying G fare class instead of E. This led me to the suspicion that the website will only allow changes if the new ticket is priced higher than the current ticket. Hoping someone can confirm my suspicion or let me know if something fishy is going on. Don’t mind losing the fare difference, but would love to be a bit more comfortable traveling if it doesn’t cost me anything additional out of pocket.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Gold
On Monday I tried to book a flight between NYC and FRA departing on a Friday, previous searches showed ample availability (F4 ex-JFK and F6 ex-EWR). When I went to book it both routes showed F0 for Friday but availability on Saturday. The next day the F inventory returned to both routes (I believe the same volume maybe minus one seat) for a Friday departure. Is this normal or any ideas why that happened?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:38 pm

Hi folks,

I had two cancellations during my recent travels in Europe on LH. Is there an email address to get expenses reimbursed? Or what is the best way to get hotel reimbursed etc?

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.