Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:07 am

some time ago there were two places where to check my booking on LH website https://shop.lufthansa.com (new one) and something like booking.lufthansa.com or something (old one), correct me if I am wrong, is this still works please? can you provide link to old manage booking? I tried German version of website but without luck
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by romans
some time ago there were two places where to check my booking on LH website https://shop.lufthansa.com (new one) and something like booking.lufthansa.com or something (old one), correct me if I am wrong, is this still works please? can you provide link to old manage booking? I tried German version of website but without luck
https://book.lufthansa.com/lh/dyn/ai..._OVERRIDE=TRUE
romans likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
I booked a family trip in Economy Light (S and V) for two adults and two children. Kiddos are 2 and 5 so they really need to sit next to an adult. How likely is it that LH will seat us together without prepaying for seat selection? I would also be fine with one adult being next to each child.
​​
Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Jyrsa
I booked a family trip in Economy Light (S and V) for two adults and two children. Kiddos are 2 and 5 so they really need to sit next to an adult. How likely is it that LH will seat us together without prepaying for seat selection? I would also be fine with one adult being next to each child.
​​
They will sit you together, go to checkin desk & ensure they do
Jyrsa likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Partner Airline Aircraft Swap

I am booked on a paid LH ticket (P fare - 220 stock) NCE-MUC-YYZ-YVR in Business, with my final leg on AC.

I choose this routing to have the 787 from YYZ to YVR and pick up a few more PQPs for my United status.

However, AC just changed aircraft from 787 to A321, and I won't have the lie-flats/Signature service I paid for.

LH says because the flight didn't change, there is nothing they can do - and that I should call AC... After an hour on the phone with AC and their customer service agent waiting/chatting with their ticketing dept, they said they could NOT switch me to another flight that has the lie flats and I could apply for some sort of refund with AC for the downgraded service, but only AFTER the flight has been taken.

I am more pissed at LH right now, since they say an Equipment Change doesn't allow for them to change my flight, but also annoyed AC changed their aircraft from a wide-body to narrow body given the vastly different level of service/hard product.

What are my options here? LH says I can change, but they will charge me change fee and fare difference, which now is $4-5k more than I paid.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
I am booked on a paid LH ticket (P fare - 220 stock) NCE-MUC-YYZ-YVR in Business, with my final leg on AC.

I choose this routing to have the 787 from YYZ to YVR and pick up a few more PQPs for my United status.

However, AC just changed aircraft from 787 to A321, and I won't have the lie-flats/Signature service I paid for.

LH says because the flight didn't change, there is nothing they can do - and that I should call AC... After an hour on the phone with AC and their customer service agent waiting/chatting with their ticketing dept, they said they could NOT switch me to another flight that has the lie flats and I could apply for some sort of refund with AC for the downgraded service, but only AFTER the flight has been taken.

I am more pissed at LH right now, since they say an Equipment Change doesn't allow for them to change my flight, but also annoyed AC changed their aircraft from a wide-body to narrow body given the vastly different level of service/hard product.

What are my options here? LH says I can change, but they will charge me change fee and fare difference, which now is $4-5k more than I paid.
That is LH policy an aircraft swap does not entitle you to a free change, as long as you remain in the same class of service.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:50 pm

You don't really have options here..

Equipment changes (for the worse) happen all the time. Only in rare cases, airlines do provide some sort of compensation (as long as the class of service is still operating)

I understand you're not happy with the change, but that's pretty much the end of it.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
The issue is AC markets these flights differently its their signature service which they charge extra for on widebodies. And this is it just a 1-3 hour hop but a 5 hour transcontinental flight where the hard product difference is incomparable. I can understand if it was an a319/320 an a321 but for something this substantial (essentially 1/3 of my total trip going from lie-flat to non-lie flat) there should be some flexibility on LH part.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 5:54 am

Tight connection at MUC

I am considering a flight from Cairo to Boston, connecting in Munich. The first flight is EgyptAir 11:05am-2:55pm and the second flight is Lufthansa 3:35pm-5:50pm. The business class fare is too good to pass up.

I have two questions:
1. The connectioh time is very tight (just 40 minutes). Is that realistic? I'm concerned, especially since the EgyptAir flight is regularly delayed. (However, it looks like the Lufthansa flight is also regularly delayed).
2. If we mis-connect, what happens? Would EgyptAir or Lufthansa help with rebooking? And accommodation in Munich if required?

Thank you!
Old Oct 5, 2023, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
The issue is AC markets these flights differently its their signature service which they charge extra for on widebodies. And this is it just a 1-3 hour hop but a 5 hour transcontinental flight where the hard product difference is incomparable. I can understand if it was an a319/320 an a321 but for something this substantial (essentially 1/3 of my total trip going from lie-flat to non-lie flat) there should be some flexibility on LH part.
AC swopped the equipment , your anger should be directed there
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tonyh120
I am considering a flight from Cairo to Boston, connecting in Munich. The first flight is EgyptAir 11:05am-2:55pm and the second flight is Lufthansa 3:35pm-5:50pm. The business class fare is too good to pass up.

I have two questions:
1. The connectioh time is very tight (just 40 minutes). Is that realistic? I'm concerned, especially since the EgyptAir flight is regularly delayed. (However, it looks like the Lufthansa flight is also regularly delayed).
2. If we mis-connect, what happens? Would EgyptAir or Lufthansa help with rebooking? And accommodation in Munich if required?

Thank you!
Egypt air is . dry 😳

LH will accommodate you if you miss-connect but MUC is one of the best airports for connections, as long as you don't mind getting to your destination late, relying on Egypt air
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:25 pm

Isn't Egypt Air semi-dry only? (And possibly OP doesn't drink?)

Meaning you could buy something in duty free, and they'll serve it to you during the flight.

Besides that, 40min is tight, and as chris63 said, LH will take take of you in case of a missconnect.

However, please note that you need to have access to the Schengen zone for this to work (for a hotel stay)

I'd not do a 40min connection in MUC without being able to enter Schengen visa-free.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
They will sit you together, go to checkin desk & ensure they do
Thank you!
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1k
I didn't realize my partner booked a LH light fare for a trip in December is there any way to pay up to a non-light fare?
Old Oct 7, 2023, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oblisk
I didn't realize my partner booked a LH light fare for a trip in December is there any way to pay up to a non-light fare?
Call in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.