FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:52 pm
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by swequentflyer
Well, they had the option on the multicity search where you could select that you wanted flexible tickets and it would give you the tickets in the most expensive classes. That option was removed since their updated web was released.

Now it won't even show me booking class if I go through the multicity tool. It will show me the regular way but there I only get Z class which doesn't earn me the miles I want.

So online searches suggest going through ITA Matrix which I do, but the booking routes after finding the fare I want there won't work. And all other guides on how to book reference the method I find above. Hence I wondered if there's a way of booking specific classes without having to call in.
Ever since the introduction of branded fares, a flex ticket is the same class as any other... no way without calling in I know of.

Originally Posted by Jon MilnerMatthews
I have found a good way round LH not offering me the earlier flights, booking it as a multi-city flight via FRA gives me the option of all LH LHR>FRA flights on the date of departure without changing the total ticket cost. Probably a very obvious solution but I hadn’t thought of trying it that way, could be useful for others not used to LH’s website.

Again, thanks for all the useful input, can now look at options to meet up land side at a convenient time without worrying about tight connexions.
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, that is what the multi city booking option is for but sometimes the prices are not the same as the options presented initially
There are added complications with multi-city in that the system will consider them as two separate legs for purposes of ancillaries (at least the new one anyway).
Probably not an issue for Jon as he is travelling in F, definitely an issue in lower classes of travel.

Originally Posted by hdogan
Yes, exit row passengers board PRE. I'm guessing because they have to stow all their luggage in the overheads, so LH doesn't want to get in the situation that there's no space.
Except for, for some reason, LX, which does not do this... integration, yay

Originally Posted by DC10
Thanks, good to know. It make sense, since you have only overhead bins to store all the hand luggage.

Regards
DC10
In case of CRJ specifically, you should have the option of leaving your carryon with a DAA tag at the door.
I do enjoy though that there is space if you board first. IME, the crews are pretty good with policing bins over the exists also if you miss the preboarding.

Originally Posted by blueflyer3
Question - I have an Economy Flex ticket. If I want to change to an earlier flight on the day of departure, does that option appear somewhere in the app or do I need to see an agent at the airport?
In theory you should be able to see it on the online checkin on the same day. I haven't had it show up yet, but I haven't had many opportunities either. Agent is a better bet. If you have a connecting flight, however, don't expect success.