Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: warakorn
VC has announced a stike phase from 0am on 02APR14 till 11.59pm on 04APR14:

Die VC wird ihre Mitglieder vom 02. April 00.00 Uhr bis 04. April 23.59 Uhr zum bundesweiten Arbeitskampf zur Durchsetzung eines neuen Tarifvertrages Übergangsversorgung aufrufen.
Expect massive advance cancellations. VC pilots only operate LH Mainline A32S, B737 and longhaul widebodies, so expect cancellations on such flights.

The current list of cancellations can be found here:
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/flight_services/cancelled_flights?nodeid=118127922&l=de&cid=18002

Or just open your booking and take a look.

Once the cancellation is announced LH allows rebooking online or via the phone. The exact procedure is described here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1541419-flyertalk-vielfliegertreff-lufthansa-irreg-interview.html

According to EU passenger rights regulation EC261/2004 article 8, the operating carrier (Lufthansa) is responsible to reroute passengers under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity.
Article 8 also applies in situations like strikes.

Tickets issued for 2-4APR just received a waiver to rebook for free:

Announced strike of the pilots union from April, 2nd – 4th, 2014
The pilots union “Vereinigung Cockpit” (VC) has called upon its members at Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo and Germanwings to cease work for three days from Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 00:00, to Friday, 4th April 2014, at 23:59 at all German airports.

In order to keep impact of the strike as low as possible, Lufthansa will inform its customers about details of flight cancellations and alternative travel options via www.LH.com as soon as possible. Customers, who advised their contact information, will be informed by e-mail and SMS notifications about changes of their flights.

Lufthansa will publish a list with cancelled flights as well as information for passenger services on Monday afternoon, 31st March 2014.

Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels ticket for flights on April 2nd – April 4th, 2014 from/to/via Germany, are permitted to rebook their flight once free of charge online via My Bookings with immediate effect, provided that:

- the ticket was issued on/before March 28th, 2014
- the new travel date is on/before September 30th, 2014
- the original ticket class remains
- all other fare conditions are adhered to

Passengers may also contact our service center on +49(0)69-86-799-799* or via one of our local phone numbers.

* Calls from German landlines at local rates, call charges from German mobile networks may vary dependent upon the provider
Print Wikipost

VC Pilots Strike 02-04 APR 2014 [discussion & info wiki]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AndoniDK
Any idea when they'll be releasing the list of cancelled / affected flights?
At noon German time today.

Just called M&M for a award reservation, their system is completely overloaded and they can't log in.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:05 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by AndoniDK
Any idea when they'll be releasing the list of cancelled / affected flights?
From the Lufthansa Webpage:

Lufthansa will publish a list with an adjusted flight schedule as well as information for passenger services on Monday, 31st March 2014.
Am I just a dreamer or does anybody else out there have some hope that VC and LH will settle prior to the strike???
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I have a funny feeling that there won't be a strike.....I have no working knowledge re: the negotiations, but I can't fathom LH letting pilots walk off for 3 days and LH did make a decent gesture to them late friday.
I would agree, BUT this assumes both LH and VC are reasonable and apply common sense. If that were the case a deal would have been done months ago.

The role of the union is to extract the maximum pay & benefits for their members, regardless of common sense or reason. I am sure the strike will go ahead.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:00 am

A friend of mine is due to fly on Thursday from Stuttgart to Helsinki and attempted to rebook onto SAS to avoid the potential fall-out of the strike, but the "brilliant" LH Callcenter told him, that they will not rebook onto SAS , but only onto LH Group flights despite the fact that only Lufthansa and Germanwings fly to Helsinki....

HUACA was already tried and did not work. Any other suggestions on how to "motivate" the Callcenter ?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Doh!

Now I understand why it's so difficult to get to FRA this Thursday (3rd April)

I've ended up booking MAN > DUS on EuroWings & will drive/train...

(should have checked here first)
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hmm. It's 12:06 p.m. Frankfurt time; did they say they would post a list at noon, or just Monday?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by MisterRobarto
Mrs. Robarto & I are in F on that flight (just now picked seats) ... I did have the thought "well, it's leaving 1 hour before the strike ends, if the plane & crew are already in DFW it could just leave an hour late" but I guess we won't know until Monday. Hopefully they're putting this weekend to good use re: labor negotiations.
If it goes I'll be in 2K...stop over and say hi
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by daumueller
The strike is supposed to end MIDNIGHT (or 11:59 PM) on the 4th, not 11:59 AM.
And the DFW-FRA flight leaves right around 11:50pm FRA time.

Last edited by skyvanman; Mar 31, 2014 at 4:48 am
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1K
OK, looks like 2 April FRA-BKK LH772 has posted a cancellation.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Cancellations start trickeling in right now:

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...celled_flights

Seems that most (if not all) of LH's longhaul-fleet will be parked at their destinations starting the April 1st trips already. No shorthaul cancellations as of yet, but I assume they will follow shortly.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by skyvanman
And the DFW-FRA flight leaves right around 11:50pm FRA time.
I'm on the same flight. Let's hope the best
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by djohannw
Cancellations start trickeling in right now:

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...celled_flights

Seems that most (if not all) of LH's longhaul-fleet will be parked at their destinations starting the April 1st trips already. No shorthaul cancellations as of yet, but I assume they will follow shortly.

Greetings - Dirk
Interesting i'm booked ICN-FRA on Apr 4 which currently isn't listed although the ICN-MUC flight is - i guess my hope will be in vain...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Holy cow, they have cancelled about 75-90% on those 3 days.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Can someone post a list of the flights? The link takes me to a log in page and I don't have a number and password.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by a9504477
Interesting i'm booked ICN-FRA on Apr 4 which currently isn't listed although the ICN-MUC flight is - i guess my hope will be in vain...
Maybe - unless if they still run a few flights for positioning purposes after the strike. My ORD-FRA on the 3rd is not listed yet either...

And now it is canceled. OH well - let's see if I can make any other travel arrangements...

Last edited by Venabili; Mar 31, 2014 at 6:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.