Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Questions for the LH CEO During 2013 Dialog Event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:03 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Oh, and a bonus question about FRA. Will there be another SEN lounge where the old A26 Business/Senator lounges used to be (as announced a year ago)?
I think it was announced a few days ago that the lounge is finished. A business class lounge with First Class Decor since they use part of the old first class lounge.

HTB.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by htb
I think it was announced a few days ago that the lounge is finished. A business class lounge with First Class Decor since they use part of the old first class lounge.

HTB.
I'm thinking of the old SEN/BIZ lounge by A26. A year ago LH announced the area would be turned into a new BIZ lounge and the old FCL would be turned into a SEN lounge. As it turned out (and as you confirm) the former FCL has become a BIZ lounge. I'm wondering if the area downstairs will become a SEN lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: LH [FTL]
My question might not sound like it but it is meant serious:

When does LH finally stop kidding us regarding "enhancements due to customers' request"? Why are they not so honest and say "its too expensive for us" or "compared to this and this, it is not justifiable any more in our opinion". I don't like their wording at all, neither as a passenger nor as a shareholder.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
Yes, I was there last weekend. They kept much of the decor, for instance the lavatories, the fine wood on the walls, the marble floors, and the dining section are pretty much unchanged. The sleeping cabins haven't been altered with at all, and they have kept the leather daybeds.

They have however replaced the fine armchairs with ones that are found in the other Biz lounges, e.g the less comfortable kind. Also they have fit more tables in the seating sections towards the middle of the lounge. A small annoyance is also that all drinks have to be ordered from over the counter from a barman. Drink offerings are very poor too, but maybe that's standard for the biz lounges.

Cigar room has been turned into a PC corner. The lounge is fairly small which is unsurprising since it used to be a FCL, and as a result the place gets crowded very quickly.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
One more question (well more than one): how much does LH expect the usual Senator to spend on tickets per year in order to qualify? Do they expect a lot of leisure travel based SENs? And finally: what number of SENs do they expect to have in two years time (when those who qualified under the current rules might have had their soft landing)?

.. And one more: will there ever be an email address to communicate feedback to LH? It should be possible to send images and more than 4000 characters. Response times can be taken care of later

Last edited by El_Duderito; Nov 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by nswat
Weero, not sure what you mean here. I generally book directly with LH, never had much of an issue...
Then you have not read my post.

LH's booking engine like most modern airline booking engines is de facto non-op. Sure you can buy FRA-LHR return in coach but any advanced itinerary, specified booking class, and interlined connections are not understood by it.

So you suggestion - and I don't mean that offensive - is one a mole from BA or AF could come up with but no one else. Ryanair service with LH prices.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Absolutely agree. I long ago became fed-up with the Lufthansa booking engine, and for anything but the simplest of itineraries (such as DUS-GVA return) I book through one of the online travel agents or a real one. I find orbitz has been quite helpful as of late.

Having said that, I don't really fly with Lufthansa any more, not on paid tickets (sometimes I use the miles, if the taxes don't exceed the cost of a paid ticket, another stupidity that I am surprised no-one has corrected yet). As for the booking engine, you'd think in this computer age and the time that has elapsed, that they would have tried to improve it..just a bit.

Really, it's just one of the myriad small and not-so-small things that have put me off the company over time.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Any chance to bring back flying on UA into HON qualifying scheme even with a maximum cap per year of 50k or 100k out of 300k?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:31 am

I really would like to know how Lufthansa, as a founding member of Star Alliance sees the future of airline alliances? Do they think there will be still few big alliances in the future? Or rather a bigger number of small alliances, like the partnership between Qantas and Emirates?

I think this is especially interesting with Lufthansa`s recent move with Germanwings, which is not a Star Alliance Member. For me, who`s living in Germany at the non-hub city Stuttgart, it means that I have access to so much fewer codeshare and mileage flights! My only options are to fly to MUC, FRA and ZRH and then on to other destinations. No way to fly via HAM, LHR, MXP (add tons more) and then on to another Star Alliance city in Europe or anywhere else in the world. It`s like they`ve founded Star Alliance in the 90s to cut it`s left arm off in 2013. How does that all make sense anymore?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:44 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N1003U
Thanks again for the questions, and do post any more that are important to you.
Congratulations on your 1000th post. So when do we get to read the report of the evening?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:11 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So when do we get to read the report of the evening?
I'm confused: weren't you there?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
In short: LH wants your cash and wants to give you less and less in return.
Good news or no news if you travel in full fare F or J but bad news for every one else not in this target group.

More enhancements will follow, especially with earnings on partner airlines (as predicted).

In summary: No money no honey!
(Perhaps LH needs to relocate their HQ to Soi Cowboy in BKK...)
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Good news or no news if you travel in full fare F or J but bad news for every one else not in this target group.

More enhancements will follow, especially with earnings on partner airlines (as predicted).

Exactly as I was thinking
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Rambuster

(Perhaps LH needs to relocate their HQ to Soi Cowboy in BKK...)
Thanks for the info Rambuster.

I hope that at least it was nice to share sometime together with other relevant members of this forum before and after the event.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Even though most information were probably no news it was still a very interesting and pleasant event especially with all the fellow FTers and VFTers attending I had the impressions that the LH execs did not sweet talk but honestly and convincingly explained their strategy. The fact that a number of people will not like these changes is a different story. A full report is to follow soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.