Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Questions for the LH CEO During 2013 Dialog Event

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by mamb0
..Again, as a loyal customer, how would you feel? How would this affect your buying decisions?
"Exclusive" or "it's lonely at the top" would be my best managerial guess ...
Old Oct 19, 2013, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by weero
Would you mind having a sip from that very special loyalty potion, still SEN-member weero specifically brewed for the top management at this event?
Is that potion similar to what was brewed up in Guyana in 1978 specifically for loyal program members?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:40 am

You have to change your booking in D at the airport CGN for the next flight to MUC. Since only J is available, the check-in agent is unable to do so, you have to walk to the ticket counter, line up, pay up and then check in at the counter again. Then you board your flight and realize you are alone in C with 13 empty seats.

What would you think of such an incident as a customer?

A week later you again have to rebook on short notice, this time you booked a C fare. Again the check in agent says that C is sold out you need to upgrade to J. You mention last week's experience. The check in agent apologizes and says she feels very awkward about this, calls it upselling and apologizes for having to try to rip off Lufthansa's best customers. She overrides the fare code and does the rebooking for free.
This time, business class is half empty.

Again, as a loyal customer, how would you feel? How would this affect your buying decisions?
This one really irritates me , I fly only C and F , 1.4 Mio + HON miles in the 2 year cycle . I change my flights frequently , with same experience as mamb0. This pisses me off , not only buying J in a more or less empty cabin , but also the hassle with the ticketing desk etc.

N1003U - I realize that this is not a question , but I feel confident you can formulate my view in a politically correct and friendly fashion .
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seat 1a
...I change my flights frequently, with same experience as mamb0. This pisses me off , not only buying J in a more or less empty cabin , but also the hassle with the ticketing desk etc.

N1003U - I realize that this is not a question , but I feel confident you can formulate my view in a politically correct and friendly fashion .
Odds are good that (at least) one of us will touch on the question re-booking policies...@:-)
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by N1003U
Is that potion similar to what was brewed up in Guyana in 1978 specifically for loyal program members?
You mean drinking the Kool-Aid (with no ice in coach and a plastic cup) when the Non-stop You Comet flies by?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by N1003U
Odds are good that (at least) one of us will touch on the question re-booking policies...@:-)
Rebooking policy is clear and fair. The inventory management is not.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Rebooking policy is clear and fair. The inventory management is not.
One might argue that these policies are related, since one had a marked impact on the other, but yes, you are correct...
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Can you ask Spohr what is the size of his shoes!!!

I am just wondering WHY he and his smart team when they designed the new business class seat did not figure out that most of us have big feet (size 43 and above) and they will not fit fully in the foot rest area causing a lot of disturbance during switching sides in the sleeping mode?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Can you ask Spohr what is the size of his shoes!!!

I am just wondering WHY he and his smart team when they designed the new business class seat did not figure out that most of us have big feet (size 43 and above) and they will not fit fully in the foot rest area causing a lot of disturbance during switching sides in the sleeping mode?
Well, I have German size 43 and had no issues at all with new LH BIZ, whereas I thought that even with just size 34 it would never fit into that small little hole at LX BIZ.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:34 am

I have a question about the now dead Lufthansa Italia. This topic raised many discussions in Italy and Milano specifically.
What was wrong with that and now that Emirates opened the MXP-JFK route (that LHI could have opened since day one as it didn'tt need any approval) do they regret their withdrawal after just 2 years of operations?

Thanks
maclover
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by maclover
I have a question about the now dead Lufthansa Italia. This topic raised many discussions in Italy and Milano specifically.
What was wrong with that and now that Emirates opened the MXP-JFK route (that LHI could have opened since day one as it didn't need any approval) do they regret their withdrawal after just 2 years of operations?

Thanks
maclover
I believe EK won't survive that much on that route. Just a short period then they will withdraw from that route. They tried in the past on the HAM-JFK and then they withdrew from that route.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: some
And of course it would be great if you guys could find out a bit more about this star nonsense. Most importantly if there any value (tangible benefits, recognition, ...) to them or if LH really believes just printing them on cards will excite folks.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by verve
And of course it would be great if you guys could find out a bit more about this star nonsense. Most importantly if there any value (tangible benefits, recognition, ...) to them or if LH really believes just printing them on cards will excite folks.
Or if it is possible to request a card without stars ?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think with a group of talented Flyertalkers such as we have particularly in this forum we can raise the bar and ask some questions that both provide us with insight and provide enough value to the CEO and their team to invite us back another time in the future (another oration of FTers) to act as a type of consumer barometer.

Three example questions:

1) Given the rise of the GCC and their expansion of particularly South-East Asia destinations- will Lufthansa be expanding in the next few years in this area? Particularly interesting destinations such as the emerging asian economies and the under-represented destinations in China? If not- what is Lufthansa positioning in regards to the Asian emerging markets?

2) There is a perception among many of the SEN and HON members in particular who hold discussions on web forums that both programs have been significantly devaluated in the past 5 years. How will Lufthansa retain members if they begin flying on price and schedule only?

3) A possible perception also exists that Lufthansa is positioning more and more towards large German corporate accounts only- for the smaller business (i.e. less than 5000 frequent travelers) and other countries (Spain/Italy/Greece/France/Nordics....) how do you plan to "go to market" moving forward and what if any offerings will you provide as an enticement?

I am sure the example questions above are not nearly the quality level we can reach as a group- however if we stay at the 1000 m level (i.e. where are the spare tires for my flight at airport XXX) we won't get useful information nor will I expect this type of opportunity will be presented in the future?

Just a thought to solicit some strong high value questions...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just to bump this thread: this week LH reminded me that any question of any kind is OK, so do post your questions here. If they are not raised in the event, N1003U will give them to LH after the event. So questions about the spare wheel in HAJ and shoe sizes suitable for new C may not be discussed due to time restraints, they may be answered offline afterwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.