Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Questions for the LH CEO During 2013 Dialog Event

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Stripe them out of their HON membership and let them explore greater comfort by flying with other airlines
Offer a complimentary limousine ride to and from home and at transit hub (with every EK J/F ticket purchased).
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Would you mind having a sip from that very special loyalty potion, still SEN-member weero specifically brewed for the top management at this event?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by weero
Would you mind having a sip from that very special loyalty potion, still SEN-member weero specifically brewed for the top management at this event?
After you, please!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
After you, please!
I didn't know that you had such a dark side to your character!

That is of course the question the OP has to ask, after being provided with the potion.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:14 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
How do they expect us to justify paying a premium to fly with them after stripping their European service level to LC levels and reducing frequent flyer benefits for FTLs and SENs?

The reason behind my question:
I have a contractual obligation to travel in the cheapest way possible - this can only be the LH group if they have a full service offering and give me extra benefits (fast track, luggage allowance, lounge, etc.) that clearly provide more value than their cheaper competitors. If they do not deliver more value than others I will only be allowed to choose LH when they are cheaper than all their competitors, including Ryan Air.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA (Silver), WN
N1003U,
Please ask the LH Management why they do NOT have a single spare wheel/tire assembly for Boeing 737s at HAJ?
On 8/27/13, my flight LH55 aborted for a defective main gear tire, which was discovered by the ground crew during push back (kudos to them!).
To my amazement LH could not locate a B-737 spare tire/wheel on site, which seems odd since the B-737 flies in and out of HAJ many times every day, and tires are considered a high failure/wear & tear component!!!
Very strange and disappointing. I really expected more from a world class carrier like Lufthansa.
Menko Christoph
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
Do like Walter White and slip it into their juice boxes for lunch. Or into their coffee creamer, heck why not label it "coffee enhancer". That would probably attract their attention
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Back at the ITB in 2/12 Spohr and Huber introduced the new C stating that the retrofit schedule was fixed and 'lying on my desk'. So if the top management knew the actual refit would only commence in November 2013, why did they start the 'hotel in the sky' ad campaign with new C in the spring of 2013?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Back at the ITB in 2/12 Spohr and Huber introduced the new C stating that the retrofit schedule was fixed and 'lying on my desk'. So if the top management knew the actual refit would only commence in November 2013, why did they start the 'hotel in the sky' ad campaign with new C in the spring of 2013?
They probably meant: "we are at our desk, and lying"
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:40 am

Back at the ITB..
Bah! I am already at 4TB per drive in my little RAID.
...why did they start the 'hotel in the sky' ad campaign with new C in the spring of 2013?
Yes they should have started with an upbeat and more honest "Motel in the Sky" campaign first.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
A big deceiving act by the upper LH management or may be a lack of knowledge of the real world in their company?????
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:10 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
What is the main purpose/role of M&M from a Lufthansa group perspective? From a consumer point of view the messages are mixed. It's getting harder and more expensive to achieve status, and to earn miles by flying, but at the same time we're seeing ever larger numbers of miles being given away with credit cards and newspaper/magazine subscriptions

Last edited by IMH; Oct 18, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:35 pm

Another question:
Are they planning to train their phone agents better? Seems at least for me it is more often "Hang up, dial again".
Example: No award availability STR-FRA-LAX, but available separate. First agent (SEN line, german number) could book the FRA-LAX, but refused to add STR-FRA citing some rules. Next agent was able to add the feeder without problems. Lots of issues, like some agents not knowing the stopover rules, claiming that you cannot combine 3-Region awards with companion awards etc etc.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
You have to change your booking in D at the airport CGN for the next flight to MUC. Since only J is available, the check-in agent is unable to do so, you have to walk to the ticket counter, line up, pay up and then check in at the counter again. Then you board your flight and realize you are alone in C with 13 empty seats.

What would you think of such an incident as a customer?

A week later you again have to rebook on short notice, this time you booked a C fare. Again the check in agent says that C is sold out you need to upgrade to J. You mention last week's experience. The check in agent apologizes and says she feels very awkward about this, calls it upselling and apologizes for having to try to rip off Lufthansa's best customers. She overrides the fare code and does the rebooking for free.
This time, business class is half empty.

Again, as a loyal customer, how would you feel? How would this affect your buying decisions?

Last edited by mamb0; Oct 19, 2013 at 1:38 am
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
One of the recent enhancements to the Miles and More will be the awarding of status stars to Miles and More service cards to recognize long-time status holders. Would you please let me know whether there are any additional benefits that will come with those stars or do you really think that adding a star to a card actually will be meaningful to long-time members?

If so, perhaps you would consider accepting a star rather than a bonus or rise in salary at your next performance review?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.