Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello gusd,
in very few instances, the charging of a ticket to a credit card may be slightly delayed, it should however not take that long. May I recommend that you please give our technical support team http://f.lh.com/x3gZ a call. My colleagues will be able to verify whether everything is in order with the ticket you have purchased. Have a lovely weekend.
Isabell
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
The charge can sometimes take 7-10 days to actually post to your account. Nothing to worry about.
Thank you Isabell and LufthansaFlyer. In the past it usually posted within 2-3 days, but now it's been 8 days. If you say it can take 7-10 days, I'll give it a few more days, and if it doesn't post by Monday, I'll give them a call.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Update: The transaction posted last night, about 8 and a half days after booking.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:13 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by gusd
Update: The transaction posted last night, about 8 and a half days after booking.

Hi gusd, thank you for the info. Hope you had a great weekend. Kind regards, Isabell
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Questions I would like to pose to the LH representatives here:

1. Why do you even maintain an Indian call center, when the characters who answer the phone have *no clue* how to answer simple queries about changing a ticket and cannot understand plain and simple English?

I have had these issues with them for the past 10 years - which is why I hardly ever fly on Lufthansa if I can help it.

2. Apparently now the India office of LH is not even allowed to make any changes to tickets - probably due to the clear incompetence of prior actions. If you have to change/cancel a ticket, you now have to *send them an e-mail*!??

Oh my goodness - how ridiculous is that?

(I used to accept the fact that we had to do this for M&M upgrades earlier with the Indian call center, but always try to call the other call centers where they can simply do it immediately and provide positive/negative feedback immediately - which we can then rest assured with, or take any further action)

3. I had tried to call the India call center 3x yesterday, but one cannot have the issue/s resolved - as with any other international airline?

Maybe you guys should look at how professional Emirates' India call center operates - or maybe call the India offices of SQ!

Edited to Add: You might as well transfer all calls to South Africa as you do for Germany (English) and/or the USA. (when the Canadian office is closed) At least the South African representatives are reasonably competent and polite. (Whereas the Canadians appear to be mostly very hostile/unhelpful)

4. And why does the Frankfurt general number continue to speak in German when they say they are transferring to a English representative? (Luckily I speak/understand some German, but maybe you should only continue in English if your customer has chosen (by default) to speak to an English-speaking agent? It might be confusing for them.

5. I was attempting to use United Airlines Premier upgrades to upgrade my ticket - but apparently Lufthansa has not bothered to reconnect this system for some reason - which has been down for some days. According to many United Airlines representatives, they state that when this system stops working at the Lufthansa side, it would take weeks, if not months! What is wrong over there???

6. I really love this option on LH.com:

"Refund details
E-mail address (for your refund confirmation)
I accept the terms and conditions for the refund.Terms and conditions

Refund overview
The refund amount cannot be displayed online. If your ticket fare allows any refunds, Lufthansa will calculate the amount manually and credit it to your account within the next days.Tickets purchased at a Non-Lufthansa office are cancelled online. For refund please contact the travel agency that issued your ticket.
Should your booking contain any travel insurance, this has not been cancelled. In case you wish to cancel your insurance booking, please contact the insurance provider directly.
"

So, we have to accept your terms and conditions overtly with *no information* as to how much we would be refunded on our ticket?? Why is that? Why are your IT systems not competent?

This sounds exactly how the India call center behaves as well! Effectively: "We have no knowledge... We have no idea... You have to send an e-mail..."

Wahnsinn!

Edited to Add (Again):

Just had to wait 30 minutes on the phone to speak to an agent - luckily she was German (great!) and was able to see/understand the ticket/conditions immediately and handled it! (Next time Franz or his successors want to remove such productive/efficient employees they should think at least 3x! We *need* them. We *need* them at FRA/MUC as well!)

What we *do not need* are powerless employees who cannot assist pax when they need to fly places on legitimate tickets, other issues, etc... (Hinting about the new IT airport system that replaced Pictures)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Nov 6, 2016 at 5:08 am
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Reading the above post I think it is kinda painful to have the good hardware and air crew work marred by less-than-stellar ground staff and IT systems.. I just hope my wrongly debited MyOffer gets refunded on time...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Questions I would like to pose to the LH representatives here:

1. Why do you even maintain an Indian call center, when the characters who answer the phone have *no clue* how to answer simple queries about changing a ticket and cannot understand plain and simple English?

I have had these issues with them for the past 10 years - which is why I hardly ever fly on Lufthansa if I can help it.

2. Apparently now the India office of LH is not even allowed to make any changes to tickets - probably due to the clear incompetence of prior actions. If you have to change/cancel a ticket, you now have to *send them an e-mail*!??

Oh my goodness - how ridiculous is that?

(I used to accept the fact that we had to do this for M&M upgrades earlier with the Indian call center, but always try to call the other call centers where they can simply do it immediately and provide positive/negative feedback immediately - which we can then rest assured with, or take any further action)

3. I had tried to call the India call center 3x yesterday, but one cannot have the issue/s resolved - as with any other international airline?

Maybe you guys should look at how professional Emirates' India call center operates - or maybe call the India offices of SQ!

Edited to Add: You might as well transfer all calls to South Africa as you do for Germany (English) and/or the USA. (when the Canadian office is closed) At least the South African representatives are reasonably competent and polite. (Whereas the Canadians appear to be mostly very hostile/unhelpful)

4. And why does the Frankfurt general number continue to speak in German when they say they are transferring to a English representative? (Luckily I speak/understand some German, but maybe you should only continue in English if your customer has chosen (by default) to speak to an English-speaking agent? It might be confusing for them.

5. I was attempting to use United Airlines Premier upgrades to upgrade my ticket - but apparently Lufthansa has not bothered to reconnect this system for some reason - which has been down for some days. According to many United Airlines representatives, they state that when this system stops working at the Lufthansa side, it would take weeks, if not months! What is wrong over there???

6. I really love this option on LH.com:

"Refund details
E-mail address (for your refund confirmation)
I accept the terms and conditions for the refund.Terms and conditions

Refund overview
The refund amount cannot be displayed online. If your ticket fare allows any refunds, Lufthansa will calculate the amount manually and credit it to your account within the next days.Tickets purchased at a Non-Lufthansa office are cancelled online. For refund please contact the travel agency that issued your ticket.
Should your booking contain any travel insurance, this has not been cancelled. In case you wish to cancel your insurance booking, please contact the insurance provider directly.
"

So, we have to accept your terms and conditions overtly with *no information* as to how much we would be refunded on our ticket?? Why is that? Why are your IT systems not competent?

This sounds exactly how the India call center behaves as well! Effectively: "We have no knowledge... We have no idea... You have to send an e-mail..."

Wahnsinn!

Edited to Add (Again):

Just had to wait 30 minutes on the phone to speak to an agent - luckily she was German (great!) and was able to see/understand the ticket/conditions immediately and handled it! (Next time Franz or his successors want to remove such productive/efficient employees they should think at least 3x! We *need* them. We *need* them at FRA/MUC as well!)

What we *do not need* are powerless employees who cannot assist pax when they need to fly places on legitimate tickets, other issues, etc... (Hinting about the new IT airport system that replaced Pictures)
Dear SuperFlyBoy,
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the overall pre-departure service, especially at the Indian Service Center. Please understand that I can't get into a detailed response regarding your questions here on Flyertalk. However, I will of course forward this as a general feedback to my colleagues in India.
Please feel free to send your questions to Customer Relations. They will be able to look into this in detail, especially if you are able to provide them with dates and booking codes.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Vanessa
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Dear SuperFlyBoy,
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the overall pre-departure service, especially at the Indian Service Center. Please understand that I can't get into a detailed response regarding your questions here on Flyertalk. However, I will of course forward this as a general feedback to my colleagues in India.
Please feel free to send your questions to Customer Relations. They will be able to look into this in detail, especially if you are able to provide them with dates and booking codes.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Vanessa
LH Customer Relations doesn't even care or reply in most cases - as per my prior experience.

I would appreciate the e-mail address if this is available.

In any case, I gather I would have to end up sitting next to Herrn Spohr next time (as I happened to be earlier with Herrn Franz) in order for him to (possibly) take our/my opinions...

That is, *if* I am flying on LH - which might be on a rare occasion now!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
LH Customer Relations doesn't even care or reply in most cases - as per my prior experience.

I would appreciate the e-mail address if this is available.

In any case, I gather I would have to end up sitting next to Herrn Spohr next time (as I happened to be earlier with Herrn Franz) in order for him to (possibly) take our/my opinions...

That is, *if* I am flying on LH - which might be on a rare occasion now!
Hi again,

sure it is, you can write to Customer Relations via e-mail to [email protected] or use the feedback form on our website: https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Feedback.

Best, Katharina
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:28 pm

Smile Upgrade on European leg of international flight

Hi All

we will be traveling with you from New Zealand to Birmingham UK in PE on the 16th of dec and i have a questions regarding a upgrade to Bis for the Frankfurt Birmingham leg of the flight:
Presently online this leg is showing no upgrade available but the flight looks pretty empty on the seat plan will i be able to book an upgrade at the airport or can i call someone within New Zealand who would be able to assist me.

Many Thanks for your help
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: MILES & MORE, STAR ALLIANCE, ONE WORLD
HI,

I am flying economy but I cannot reserve any seat without making an additional payment. I specifically want to reserve seat 23B on one leg of my journey, as I am surprising my wife by connecting on the same flight at Frankfurt.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Regards

Sachin
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by foxy1
Hi All

we will be traveling with you from New Zealand to Birmingham UK in PE on the 16th of dec and i have a questions regarding a upgrade to Bis for the Frankfurt Birmingham leg of the flight:
Presently online this leg is showing no upgrade available but the flight looks pretty empty on the seat plan will i be able to book an upgrade at the airport or can i call someone within New Zealand who would be able to assist me.

Many Thanks for your help
Dear foxy1,

upgrading to Business Class for the last leg of your route sounds like a relaxing round-off to such a long journey. There is a certain allotment set aside for upgrades as an award, as “regular” seats in Business Class might still be sold. Therefore, the request will be on a waitlist for the time being. Should the upgrade request not be confirmed until the travel date, there is indeed the possibility to ask the staff at the check-in or at the transfer desk or gate for assistance. My fingers are crossed, that your upgrade will be confirmed soon.

Best regards,

Isabell
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Sachindra Murugesh
HI,

I am flying economy but I cannot reserve any seat without making an additional payment. I specifically want to reserve seat 23B on one leg of my journey, as I am surprising my wife by connecting on the same flight at Frankfurt.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Regards

Sachin

Hello Sachin,

should you wish to choose your preferred seat without any payment, you will be able to do this only when checking in, which is 23 hours prior to the flight. To select your seat 23B, you can purchase the seat in advance. Please be advised that with an advance seat purchase, you are paying for a seat characteristic, such as extra legroom for example, not the specific seat. There is always a chance of being moved to another seat with the same seat characteristics.

Best regards,
Isabell
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:59 am

Hello Sachin,

should you wish to choose your preferred seat without any payment, you will be able to do this only when checking in, which is 23 hours prior to the flight. To select your seat 23B, you can purchase the seat in advance. Please be advised that with an advance seat purchase, you are paying for a seat characteristic, such as extra legroom for example, not the specific seat. There is always a chance of being moved to another seat with the same seat characteristics.

Best regards,
Isabell
And to say this in Non-LH language:

Seat reservations on short/mid hauls (narrow body flights, one aisle, seats A-C and D-F only) are VERY OFTEN not sticking. Even for status pax. The "new seat at gate" option (usually a worse seat ) is very common too, even if your reserved seat sticked during checkin. I'd not pay a single cent using the "reserve a seat" function on those flights (basically all within Europe + destinations in North Africa, Near East, Russia..)

On long haul flights, it works pretty fine - haven't had a single "seat change" there (ok, I've had, but that were upgrades to a higher class of service..) - and if you mean a long haul flight, then it will most probably work out.

tl;dr:

Short haul, burnt money for seat reservation
Long haul, it should work out most of the times.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:24 pm

*sorry wrong post*

Last edited by Andrew Ardelean; Nov 23, 2016 at 12:02 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:05 am

Hi Lurkers

I've send an inquiry to M&M about FTL bonus miles that didn't got credited to my account.
The mail got send three weeks ago, but am still awaiting reply from the M&M team.
Incident number is 3462801. Could you assist me with my case please?

Thank you very much for your reply.
Kind regards
Niels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.