Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Dear Lurkers,

after I tried to credit a missing segment (TATL segment on a recent itinerary that hasn't been credited, while the connecting short haul segment afterwards was credited automatically) there is a message in the account saying "credit has been rejected because Flight already credited", while the missing segment allegedly "already credited" is not in the account. Can you help, please?
Thank you very much.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:10 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Dear Lurkers,

after I tried to credit a missing segment (TATL segment on a recent itinerary that hasn't been credited, while the connecting short haul segment afterwards was credited automatically) there is a message in the account saying "credit has been rejected because Flight already credited", while the missing segment allegedly "already credited" is not in the account. Can you help, please?
Thank you very much.
Dear whiskey_sk,

in your case, you may contact the Miles & More Service Hotline directly, as they can forward the request internally for correction.

Kind regards,
Tania
Old Sep 14, 2023, 4:18 am

Programs: LH SEN
Hello Lurkers

A bit of a different question...

A friend received a "check-in is available" email for a Brussels Airlines flight.

Unfortunately the URL in the email is missing the S from Brussels so instead of going to your site it goes to a phishing site which is squatting on the typo domain.

As you can imagine that is quite dangerous for your customers.

Edit: I have now obtained a raw copy of the email and it's not quite so bad. The HREF is correct but the link text is not. That still gets the emails marked as "dangerous" and they'd likely go to spam folders.

What is the best contact to report this technical issue?

Edit: I remembered I know someone with contacts inside LH IT and I have provided the info to them.

cheers
Supine
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by supine; Sep 15, 2023 at 4:57 am Reason: Updated details
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by supine
Hello Lurkers

A bit of a different question...

A friend received a "check-in is available" email for a Brussels Airlines flight.

Unfortunately the URL in the email is missing the S from Brussels so instead of going to your site it goes to a phishing site which is squatting on the typo domain.

As you can imagine that is quite dangerous for your customers.

Edit: I have now obtained a raw copy of the email and it's not quite so bad. The HREF is correct but the link text is not. That still gets the emails marked as "dangerous" and they'd likely go to spam folders.

What is the best contact to report this technical issue?

Edit: I remembered I know someone with contacts inside LH IT and I have provided the info to them.

cheers
Supine
Hello Supine,

I am sorry to hear about the phishing email and thank you for reaching out to us. We will forward this internally to our relevant department as well.

Kind regards
Jasmin
supine likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:12 am

Refund due to death of passenger

Hi newbie here. Originally I posted this on another subforum and a member advised me to repost on here. Can someone give advice on the following?

My brother bought a return ticket departing September 19, 2023 and returning October 18, 2023. Unfortunately he died in June. We requested a refund on June 27 and got an email confirmation with case number. However the case has not been processed till now. Lufthansa even sent a email today to my brother welcoming him soon on board. Does it really take that long to process? Calling to Lufthansa is useless as they say just wait for their email reply.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Hi Lurkers,

My PIN has been compromised and I tried to change it. For the last few days all atempts result in 'A Technical Error Occurred' message. I can access my account with my PIN (I can also access it with my TravelID and password) but all attempts to reset either password or PIN end up with an error message. (I am not receiving any email with a link, the error pops up when I enter "Forgotten Your PIN" and enter my card number and click 'Request Reset Link' - it tries to process for about 45 seconds and then error message pops up.
Tried different networks, systems and browsers. Cleared cookies/cache, to no avail.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Buckstar
Hi newbie here. Originally I posted this on another subforum and a member advised me to repost on here. Can someone give advice on the following?

My brother bought a return ticket departing September 19, 2023 and returning October 18, 2023. Unfortunately he died in June. We requested a refund on June 27 and got an email confirmation with case number. However the case has not been processed till now. Lufthansa even sent a email today to my brother welcoming him soon on board. Does it really take that long to process? Calling to Lufthansa is useless as they say just wait for their email reply.
Dear Buckstar,

please accept my sincerest condolences for your loss! I apologize for the heavy delay in answering your case regarding the refund of your late brother's ticket. Who have you sent mentioned e-mail to, Customer Relations or the Lufthansa Ticketing department? Kindly send us the booking code along with the full passenger name or the Feedback ID via private message and we will try to assist on how to proceed further.

Best regards,
Katharina
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Flying Victor
Hi Lurkers,

My PIN has been compromised and I tried to change it. For the last few days all atempts result in 'A Technical Error Occurred' message. I can access my account with my PIN (I can also access it with my TravelID and password) but all attempts to reset either password or PIN end up with an error message. (I am not receiving any email with a link, the error pops up when I enter "Forgotten Your PIN" and enter my card number and click 'Request Reset Link' - it tries to process for about 45 seconds and then error message pops up.
Tried different networks, systems and browsers. Cleared cookies/cache, to no avail.
Dear Flying Victor,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties resetting the PIN through the Miles&More website. I've internally forwarded your question on who to consult for further assistance, as, to my knowledge, the PIN's change is not possible via phone. We will let you know who to reach out to as soon as possible.

Best,
Katharina
Old Sep 19, 2023, 3:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Flying Victor,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties resetting the PIN through the Miles&More website. I've internally forwarded your question on who to consult for further assistance, as, to my knowledge, the PIN's change is not possible via phone. We will let you know who to reach out to as soon as possible.

Best,
Katharina
I have the same problem. No matter how many times I reset my PIN, I never get an email. I have now already written two mails to Miles&More, but have not received a reply either.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Flying Victor
Hi Lurkers,

Originally Posted by Enskie
I have the same problem. No matter how many times I reset my PIN, I never get an email. I have now already written two mails to Miles&More, but have not received a reply either.
Hello Flying Victor and Enskie,

we heard back from Miles & More. The problem with the PIN reset is known and my colleagues are working on a solution. Unfortunately, I am not able to tell you, until when it will be solved. Please keep trying from time to time because it's only possible to change the PIN on the homepage or app.

Best regards,

Jens
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:37 am

Dear Buckstar,

please accept my sincerest condolences for your loss! I apologize for the heavy delay in answering your case regarding the refund of your late brother's ticket. Who have you sent mentioned e-mail to, Customer Relations or the Lufthansa Ticketing department? Kindly send us the booking code along with the full passenger name or the Feedback ID via private message and we will try to assist on how to proceed further.

Best regards,
Katharina
Today we received an email that the case has been processed and full refund will be received in the next few days.

Thank you Katharina and Jens!
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:57 pm

Dear Lurkers,

Thank you for your help regarding a confusing compensation case. I have received the compensation on Friday.

Chris
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

we heard back from Miles & More. The problem with the PIN reset is known and my colleagues are working on a solution. Unfortunately, I am not able to tell you, until when it will be solved. Please keep trying from time to time because it's only possible to change the PIN on the homepage or app.

Best regards,

Jens
Hi Jens, thank you, I was able to reset my PIN as I received the mail with the link.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 11:51 am
a7x

Hi all,

I booked a LH F flight for my toddler, wife and I to CDG via FRA (YVR-FRA-CDG).

Our date of births are all wrong by 1 day. If we were both Jan 2nd, it says Jan 1st.

I called the helpline and they said they fixed it but I still see the same issue on the app. How do I make sure I don't face an issue in the airport when checking in?

Secondly, there was no option to enter my aeroplan number and I called the helpline to add it. But, my aeroplan account still doesn't show the upcoming trip. I want to make sure i get the points as I paid for a F ticket! How do I make sure this happens?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2023, 1:47 pm

Best regards,

Jens
I wonder when this will be solved. This has been an issue for me for at least half a year now. I wrote already two Mails over the "Technical Error" form on the help page. Never even had a confirmation mail that these were received. I cannot access my M&M account at all.

* PIN reset with the M&M number just lead to the "Technical Problem" message (both from the app and from multiple different browsers)
* PIN reset with email leads to no email ever being sent (even though I used the same mail I used to receive my monthly points reports with, which also stopped randomly at the beginning of this year)
* German hotline kept me in the waiting loop for 55 minutes without any clue how much longer that might take. I gave up at 9pm
* English hotline told me this is known and I should just retry and there is nothing else they could do, they are upgrading IT systems anyways and it will all magically go away. Well ... it didn't.

Will I ever be able to access my account again? Can I even be sure that my miles are credited? And if they aren't will Lufthansa allow me to credit them later because I was unable to verify that due to their inability to let me access my account? I think this is all a very disappointing state of affairs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.