Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:29 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
LH handlers, still waiting for payout I was told would arrive end of oct 312022 after being asked for bank details.
Hello frugaltraveler10012,

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for a solution to your claim. Please write me your feedback ID, so I can follow up internally for you.

Kind regards,
Tania
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Arnur
Dear Lufthansa Team,

I'm having a problem with Miles & More: I was planning to travel FRA-EWR on LH 402 on 24 January 2023, returning from JFK to FRA on 28 January 2023 on LH 401. All flights were booked in coach and I used an upgrade voucher to upgrade to PE for LH 402 and miles to upgrade to business class for LH 401. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the ticket on short notice due to a change in travel plan. Since then, I've been waiting for the upgrade certificate and the miles to be re-instated to my account, a process which I understood should be automatic. I called Miles&More in Germany several times and they provided a case number (#02121620), but so far nothing else has happened, however, I found the following information in my online account:

Screenshot from my Miles&More account

As I have already called several times without any success, could you please advise me on what steps to take in order to get my upgrade certificate and the miles back?
Hello Arnur,

sorry to hear about the difficulties. Please PM me your full name, your Miles & More card number & also which booking it was exactly. I will then forward your request to my colleagues for internal review.

Kind regards,
Tania
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for a solution to your claim. Please write me your feedback ID, so I can follow up internally for you.

Kind regards,
Tania
Old Apr 13, 2023, 7:44 am

according to the documentation in your claim, agreed-upon payment was processed just a few days ago. I would give it a bit more patience, until you are confirmed the transaction by your bank.

Thanks,
Katharina
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:40 am

according to the documentation in your claim, agreed-upon payment was processed just a few days ago. I would give it a bit more patience, until you are confirmed the transaction by your bank.

Thanks,
Katharina
Wires/ACH transfers process same day or next day. Anyone would think we were negotiating a payout for 6M not 600 euros. Tell me the wire identification number.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:11 am

Wires/ACH transfers process same day or next day. Anyone would think we were negotiating a payout for 6M not 600 euros. Tell me the wire identification number.

please get back to Customer Relations and ask them directly for the transaction number. On Flyertalk, I am not able to provide you with this detail, sorry.
Best regards,
Jens
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:35 am

please get back to Customer Relations and ask them directly for the transaction number. On Flyertalk, I am not able to provide you with this detail, sorry.
Best regards,
Jens
On October 2022 I was told the wire would be arriving in a few days and no wire has arrived. Since then I have followed up 7 times asking when I will receive the wire/payment. Why don't you follow up with them as they are ignoring me?
kttosia likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 4:34 am

On October 2022 I was told the wire would be arriving in a few days and no wire has arrived. Since then I have followed up 7 times asking when I will receive the wire/payment. Why don't you follow up with them as they are ignoring me?

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for your refund and understand your frustration at this point. As previously advised by my colleague Jens, please cross-check this with Customer Relations as they are the correct point of contact for this.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Hello samplat,

I am sorry to hear that not all of your claims were addressed. I have forwarded your inquiry to our Customer Relations Department and have asked them to take this up again.

Best regards
Birgit
Hello Birgit and LH lurkers,

A quick note to say thanks for forwarding the inquiry to LH customer relations. I received an email from them last week saying they’ve reopened the case and agreed to reimburse the travel expenses that were incurred due to delayed baggage. The funds were received today in the account so at least that aspect is finally resolved.

samplat
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by samplat
Hello Birgit and LH lurkers,

A quick note to say thanks for forwarding the inquiry to LH customer relations. I received an email from them last week saying they’ve reopened the case and agreed to reimburse the travel expenses that were incurred due to delayed baggage. The funds were received today in the account so at least that aspect is finally resolved.

samplat
Hello samplat,

thank you for the update on your request. It's always great to read when we were able to help!

Wishing you a great weekend,
Tania
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: LH Senator
Miles and more ignoring questions

Dear LHCould you please remind M&M team that questions are supposed to be answered?
I think 3 months is not acceptable

1GN-NP3-MNV 26 January 2023
And again same question
1GS-9H1-VGR 24 March 2023
Thank you!
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by kttosia
Dear LHCould you please remind M&M team that questions are supposed to be answered?
I think 3 months is not acceptable

1GN-NP3-MNV 26 January 2023
And again same question

1GS-9H1-VGR 24 March 2023
Thank you!
Hello kttosia,

while I understand the frustration, and am willing to have those questions followed up for you, we are unable to retrieve those IDs. Which channel have you used to forward your claim to, Miles&More's online feedback form? Kindly answer us via DM and, preferrably, send your question there, so we have a better understanding.

Thanks, Katharina
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:52 am

For the record the Lufthansa Flyertalk team did help me resolve a long running issue where the official channels where borderline stonewalling me.

So while these things are always frustrating, keep it courteous and productive, realize this is an extra service afforded to us that we are somewhat privieieged to.
bertles86 likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Hi.

I was caught up in the Frankfurt cancelations last December. I was to fly from LCY-FRA-SIN and onto Australia with SQ to BNE. We had paid seat reservations in Y on the FRA-SIN leg. I had to go to the airport to get rebooked (5hrs standing in line) as the chat failed on a number of occasions and when I did get through (when I was 4 from the head of the queue, the chat person said there wasn't any flights available and then disconnected before I could reply. The counter staff got us rebooked 4 days later out of LHR on SQ but via SYD and with JQ to BNE. We were offered 4 nights accommodation at a Heathrow hotel and a taxi, but opted to save Lufthansa money by staying at home and we were told we could get a taxi reimbursed. It was an early morning Sunday flight so public transport wasn't an option.

I put 2 claims in, one for EU261 as there was no mention of weather being the reason for cancellation in the email or text I received. Also the BA flight to FRA left while we were all queueing. The 2nd claim was for the refund of the 2 Y seat fees and the taxi. I got a reply on the first case number within a few days. Standard text, bad weather. Tough. I chased the other claim, after forgetting about it for a few months, and got a reply saying we've already told you that we're not paying. I replied back saying you hadn't read my claim and the website clearly states seat fees would be repaid for cancellations. The taxi I believe falls under duty of care. I got another standard cut and paste email that did not address any of the issues I highlighted. I have asked for contact details to raise an official complaint but I've not had a response back.

This is a really disappointing epilogue to the trip as the return sectors on LH SIN-MUN-LHR were better than expected. The food was good (breakfast could have been a little more substantial on a 13 hour flight) and the seating comfortable - we did pay for extra leg room again which may make a difference. The transfer at MUN was very smooth. The only shame was that it wasn't back to LCY to save the trip cross town.

I don't know if they have mixed up the claims or are just waiting to see if I'll go away, but I won't. I'm trying all avenues before going down the MCOL route. Any assistance appreciated.
Old May 3, 2023, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by dddc
Hi.

I was caught up in the Frankfurt cancelations last December. I was to fly from LCY-FRA-SIN and onto Australia with SQ to BNE. We had paid seat reservations in Y on the FRA-SIN leg. I had to go to the airport to get rebooked (5hrs standing in line) as the chat failed on a number of occasions and when I did get through (when I was 4 from the head of the queue, the chat person said there wasn't any flights available and then disconnected before I could reply. The counter staff got us rebooked 4 days later out of LHR on SQ but via SYD and with JQ to BNE. We were offered 4 nights accommodation at a Heathrow hotel and a taxi, but opted to save Lufthansa money by staying at home and we were told we could get a taxi reimbursed. It was an early morning Sunday flight so public transport wasn't an option.

I put 2 claims in, one for EU261 as there was no mention of weather being the reason for cancellation in the email or text I received. Also the BA flight to FRA left while we were all queueing. The 2nd claim was for the refund of the 2 Y seat fees and the taxi. I got a reply on the first case number within a few days. Standard text, bad weather. Tough. I chased the other claim, after forgetting about it for a few months, and got a reply saying we've already told you that we're not paying. I replied back saying you hadn't read my claim and the website clearly states seat fees would be repaid for cancellations. The taxi I believe falls under duty of care. I got another standard cut and paste email that did not address any of the issues I highlighted. I have asked for contact details to raise an official complaint but I've not had a response back.

This is a really disappointing epilogue to the trip as the return sectors on LH SIN-MUN-LHR were better than expected. The food was good (breakfast could have been a little more substantial on a 13 hour flight) and the seating comfortable - we did pay for extra leg room again which may make a difference. The transfer at MUN was very smooth. The only shame was that it wasn't back to LCY to save the trip cross town.

I don't know if they have mixed up the claims or are just waiting to see if I'll go away, but I won't. I'm trying all avenues before going down the MCOL route. Any assistance appreciated.
Hello dddc,

it does indeed sound that you've been quite unfortunate with both your (outbound-) journey being affected by a flight cancellation and the processing of your claims. Like you, I assume that the denial of your request for the reimbursement of taxi costs, possibly, was the result of a mix-up, just as you are, of course, entitled to receive a refund for paid seating fees. Kindly send us your Feedback ID in your reply and we will make sure to forward the case internally to have it reviewed. I apologize for the caused upset and delayed handling.

Thanks,
Katharina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.