Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 4:57 pm

I need some help here understanding Lufthansa’s policy.

My wife booked a return ticket from Boston to Kolkata and back through Lufthansa. Sometime on 31st Dec 2023 - 1st Jan 2024, we decided to rebook the return leg to have more layover time to allow for safe transit at one of the airports. I went online, paid $20, and done.

A few days down the line my wife checked the app, and it showed that the ticket had been "voluntarily canceled." There was no email, no intimation that our ticket was being canceled. Apparently, the credit card I used didn't go through - at least, that's what we were told. We rebooked over the phone and, this time, agreed to pay $140 plus some change for a different return leg, on Jan 6th.

Wiser from the last time, we connected back with Lufthansa and asked about the status of our ticket, and the call center associate stated that our ticket was confirmed. We asked for the email copy of our modified leg, and they shared it on 11th Jan.

Come 15th Jan, around noon India time, the ticket is again cancelled; this time, it was a few hours before departure. We tried rebooking, but now the charges quoted to us were exorbitantly high, say in $2000+ or $3000+ for the economy.

In this whole kerfuffle, Lufthansa never sent a message or email to share or hint that there is an issue with the card. How am I suppose to learn that the airline is having an issue? How am I suppose to learn that the ticket isnt confirmed even though it says “confirmed” on app, and the call center associate we talked to say that the ticket is confirmed.

What am I missing in this whole picture? We have reached out Lufthansa and hoping that they investigate this issue.

We booked through another airlines after being told that those $2000-$3000 tickets were the best that Lufthansa can do for us. Feeling annoyed, and powerless.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Elite
Hi there, here is the extended summary of my Lufthansa compensation claim saga:
1. I was scheduled to travel on Lufthansa flight LH2501 from Manchester to Munich on 22nd December 2023. This flight was crucial for my connection to Budapest on flight LH1678. Flight LH2501 (Manchester to Munich) was originally scheduled to depart at 10:55, the flight was delayed due to the late arrival of the inbound aircraft, flight LH2500 (Airbus A320, registration D-AIWE). FlightRadar data confirms a 43-minute delay in the departure from Munich. This knock on effect resulted in missing my connection, flight LH1678 from Munich to Budapest, integral to my itinerary.
- Importantly, no weather alerts were issued by the UK Government’s Meteorological Office on that day, confirming that the delay was not due to weather conditions in Manchester.
2. - In response to the missed connection, Lufthansa re-booked me on a Swiss International Air Lines flight (LX395 and LX2258) for the next day.
- However, this Swiss flight was also cancelled (LX2258), leading to further disruption in my travel plans, reaching my final destination with a 46 hours delay.
3. - Under EU Regulation 261/2004, I am entitled to compensation for the initial delay caused by Lufthansa and the subsequent cancellation by Swiss. The regulation mandates compensation except in extraordinary circumstances, which were not present in my case.
- My attempts to claim compensation for the Lufthansa flight delay have been met with redirection, avoidance and templated responses. Each time I contact Lufthansa’s customer service, my claim is inappropriately forwarded to Swiss International Air Lines or just ignored completely.
4. - Lufthansa has not appropriately addressed my claim for the initial delay, seemingly ignoring their obligation under EU aviation law.
- The continuous deferral of my claim to Swiss is incorrect, as the initial delay pertains to Lufthansa’s operational control.
5. - I am seeking advice and support to address this situation where Lufthansa is neglecting its responsibility to compensate for the delay of flight LH2501.
- The current approach by Lufthansa is unsatisfactory and appears to be in disregard of my rights as a passenger under EU law.

FB ID 38882840
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:14 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by flying2some1
I need some help here understanding Lufthansa’s policy.

My wife booked a return ticket from Boston to Kolkata and back through Lufthansa. Sometime on 31st Dec 2023 - 1st Jan 2024, we decided to rebook the return leg to have more layover time to allow for safe transit at one of the airports. I went online, paid $20, and done.

A few days down the line my wife checked the app, and it showed that the ticket had been "voluntarily canceled." There was no email, no intimation that our ticket was being canceled. Apparently, the credit card I used didn't go through - at least, that's what we were told. We rebooked over the phone and, this time, agreed to pay $140 plus some change for a different return leg, on Jan 6th.

Wiser from the last time, we connected back with Lufthansa and asked about the status of our ticket, and the call center associate stated that our ticket was confirmed. We asked for the email copy of our modified leg, and they shared it on 11th Jan.

Come 15th Jan, around noon India time, the ticket is again cancelled; this time, it was a few hours before departure. We tried rebooking, but now the charges quoted to us were exorbitantly high, say in $2000+ or $3000+ for the economy.

In this whole kerfuffle, Lufthansa never sent a message or email to share or hint that there is an issue with the card. How am I suppose to learn that the airline is having an issue? How am I suppose to learn that the ticket isnt confirmed even though it says “confirmed” on app, and the call center associate we talked to say that the ticket is confirmed.

What am I missing in this whole picture? We have reached out Lufthansa and hoping that they investigate this issue.

We booked through another airlines after being told that those $2000-$3000 tickets were the best that Lufthansa can do for us. Feeling annoyed, and powerless.
Hello flying2some1,

without having a look into your reservation, we can't tell what exactly happened here - if you'd like to send us a DM with the full name of the passenger and the booking details so that we can check it out for you!

Kind regards!

Nils
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by feherdi
Hi there, here is the extended summary of my Lufthansa compensation claim saga:
1. I was scheduled to travel on Lufthansa flight LH2501 from Manchester to Munich on 22nd December 2023. This flight was crucial for my connection to Budapest on flight LH1678. Flight LH2501 (Manchester to Munich) was originally scheduled to depart at 10:55, the flight was delayed due to the late arrival of the inbound aircraft, flight LH2500 (Airbus A320, registration D-AIWE). FlightRadar data confirms a 43-minute delay in the departure from Munich. This knock on effect resulted in missing my connection, flight LH1678 from Munich to Budapest, integral to my itinerary.
- Importantly, no weather alerts were issued by the UK Government’s Meteorological Office on that day, confirming that the delay was not due to weather conditions in Manchester.
2. - In response to the missed connection, Lufthansa re-booked me on a Swiss International Air Lines flight (LX395 and LX2258) for the next day.
- However, this Swiss flight was also cancelled (LX2258), leading to further disruption in my travel plans, reaching my final destination with a 46 hours delay.
3. - Under EU Regulation 261/2004, I am entitled to compensation for the initial delay caused by Lufthansa and the subsequent cancellation by Swiss. The regulation mandates compensation except in extraordinary circumstances, which were not present in my case.
- My attempts to claim compensation for the Lufthansa flight delay have been met with redirection, avoidance and templated responses. Each time I contact Lufthansa’s customer service, my claim is inappropriately forwarded to Swiss International Air Lines or just ignored completely.
4. - Lufthansa has not appropriately addressed my claim for the initial delay, seemingly ignoring their obligation under EU aviation law.
- The continuous deferral of my claim to Swiss is incorrect, as the initial delay pertains to Lufthansa’s operational control.
5. - I am seeking advice and support to address this situation where Lufthansa is neglecting its responsibility to compensate for the delay of flight LH2501.
- The current approach by Lufthansa is unsatisfactory and appears to be in disregard of my rights as a passenger under EU law.

FB ID 38882840
Dear feherdi,
thank you very much for your feedback ID. My colleagues from Customer Relations have informed me that they are in touch with a third party engaged by you for the resolution of your case, therefore I advise contacting them directly for further information.

Kind regards!

Nils
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:08 am

Hello Lufthansa team,

This is regarding FB ID 38846346. I submitted my claim on dec 19th. Our flight FRA-EZE LH510 on the 17th of december was delayed 13 hours so I applied for the EU compensation. I still have not received any news so I was hoping you could help me out with this.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 25, 2024, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by agoch
Hello Lufthansa team,

This is regarding FB ID 38846346. I submitted my claim on dec 19th. Our flight FRA-EZE LH510 on the 17th of december was delayed 13 hours so I applied for the EU compensation. I still have not received any news so I was hoping you could help me out with this.

Thanks in advance
Hello agoch,

According to our Customer Relations department, your claim is still being processed. Please rest assured that my colleagues are doing their best to get back to you as soon as they can. As they are currently handling a huge number of claims, this may take longer than usual. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Best regards
Birgit
Old Jan 25, 2024, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello agoch,

According to our Customer Relations department, your claim is still being processed. Please rest assured that my colleagues are doing their best to get back to you as soon as they can. As they are currently handling a huge number of claims, this may take longer than usual. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Best regards
Birgit

Hi Birgit,

Thanks for your quick reply, very much appreciated.
Do you have any timeframe as to when I should be expecting a reply?
Best regards,
Agostina
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:50 am

Hi,
Just to say that it took your Customer Relations a further 2 attempts, but finally, after 6 attempts about 15 emails and 5 months, the transfer to my wife's HSBC bank account has finally succeeded. (I guess the time spent and costs incurred far, far exceeded the amount reimbursed, so someone really ought to look at this and work out what is broken with your processes.)
Thanks for your help.
Travelozo likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by agoch
Hi Birgit,

Thanks for your quick reply, very much appreciated.
Do you have any timeframe as to when I should be expecting a reply?
Best regards,
Agostina
Hello Agostina,
unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with a time frame. But you can be assured that Customer Relations will get back to you as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Jens
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:57 am

Threatened to send back of the Line

When i complained about why is there only one employee working in a fast checking lane , she threated me to send to back of the line again.
I was travelling with little kids and it was a horrible experience.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Amsi
When i complained about why is there only one employee working in a fast checking lane , she threated me to send to back of the line again.
I was travelling with little kids and it was a horrible experience.
Hello Amsi,

I am very sorry to hear about the situation you described at the airport when traveling with your children. I recommend that you also submit this online using the feedback form, and I wish you and your loved ones all the best.

Best regards,
Tania
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:52 am

Hi, I don't know if someone working this thread can help - it is extremely difficult to resolve a case regarding my CO2/Compensaid package that was booked in December (basically to get the added status miles for my SEN extension).
Flights were booked and CO2 package (50% SAF) added in early December. The flights took place on Dec 28/29. I received the additional status miles for the legs within Europe after a few days, but not the ones for ZRH-DXB. One agent on the phone mentioned that since I upgraded that leg to First using an eVoucher, CO2 extra miles often don't post automatically and he would raise the request with the backoffice team. Never heard from them since. I then opened a case using the web form - also nothing yet. I can DM the ticket number or trip PNR if that helps.

It might seem like a petty issue, but with my SEN extension now "up in the air" I am reluctant to book Lufthansa/Star Alliance from March onwards.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Julian1085
Hi, I don't know if someone working this thread can help - it is extremely difficult to resolve a case regarding my CO2/Compensaid package that was booked in December (basically to get the added status miles for my SEN extension).
Flights were booked and CO2 package (50% SAF) added in early December. The flights took place on Dec 28/29. I received the additional status miles for the legs within Europe after a few days, but not the ones for ZRH-DXB. One agent on the phone mentioned that since I upgraded that leg to First using an eVoucher, CO2 extra miles often don't post automatically and he would raise the request with the backoffice team. Never heard from them since. I then opened a case using the web form - also nothing yet. I can DM the ticket number or trip PNR if that helps.

It might seem like a petty issue, but with my SEN extension now "up in the air" I am reluctant to book Lufthansa/Star Alliance from March onwards.
Hi Julian,

sorry to hear about the missing miles. Kindly provide us with a DM, including the booking reference and the full names of all passengers. We will then forward your case internally.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
UK261 claim - LH not responding

I lodged a UK261 claim with Lufthansa in April 2023, other than the automatic response, I've never been contacted by them. I've tried to follow up and have subsequently complained also about the lack of response but I've not received a response to that either. Is this standard LH procedure, just hide and hope I'll go away? I tried Miles & More but they are worse than useless and pretend they are nothing to do with Lufthansa. I've tried calling the 'Service Centre' number which the person answers as the Baggage Service. They won't give me a number to complain to but say they will email Customer Relations but the Service Centre won't give out an email or phone number for Customer Relations and then obviously nothing happens. I'm tempted just to go straight to the small claims court as it seems LH opted out of CEDR to make claims harder.

Is there any other way of progressing this as contrary to LH's hopes, I'm not going away.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this is a regular occurrence.

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by MrCheapSeats
I lodged a UK261 claim with Lufthansa in April 2023, other than the automatic response, I've never been contacted by them. I've tried to follow up and have subsequently complained also about the lack of response but I've not received a response to that either. Is this standard LH procedure, just hide and hope I'll go away? I tried Miles & More but they are worse than useless and pretend they are nothing to do with Lufthansa. I've tried calling the 'Service Centre' number which the person answers as the Baggage Service. They won't give me a number to complain to but say they will email Customer Relations but the Service Centre won't give out an email or phone number for Customer Relations and then obviously nothing happens. I'm tempted just to go straight to the small claims court as it seems LH opted out of CEDR to make claims harder.

Is there any other way of progressing this as contrary to LH's hopes, I'm not going away.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this is a regular occurrence.

Thanks.
Hello MrCheapSeats,

the handling of you claims and inquiry indeed seems quite unfortunate and I regret to hear that you have not received a single useful response after all this time. One thing I can confirm, Customer Relations will need to be reached out to by the customer feedback form on our website, as there is no phone contact or e-mail address for the initial registration of your case. If this is regarding a compensation request after you've been affected by a flight irregularity, which you have forwarded, already, you are welcome to respond with your feedback ID and full name via direct message. We will then try to assist from our side to have you receive the team's answer, before you consider legal steps.

Best regards,
Katharina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.