Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello romans,

the case was closed on March 6th and a reply to the customer sent out. Please have your friend check their e-mail inbox for Customer Relations' reply.

Thanks,
Katharina
unfortunately there is no email even in spam box, could you re-send once more please to mojemail25(at)gmail(dot)com? thank you
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:02 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by adfg
Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I have spent the past 5 months trying to get Lufthansa to pay me for baggage charges on 2 redemption flights I booked with you last year for myself, my wife and infant daughter within the USA on United Airlines. I purchased the tickets through Lufthansa Miles and More on 10/3/2023 for domestic flights on United Airlines (New Orleans – Houston and Houston – Denver) and the email receipts both said that I had 1 piece of 23 kg per passenger.

I then logged into the United Airlines manage booking site and checked the bookings to find they said they had no free checked luggage included so I called the Mile and More service centre on 5/5/2023 (and have a recording from this call). I was informed that there was an error with the tickets I had been sold and I was told to pay United Airlines for the baggage (1 piece per passenger) and then contact you to re-claim this after the flight. The booking reference was notated with this information (I know this as a German speaking agent was able to see it about 1 month ago when I called).

I followed the provided advice this and the total cost was $80 USD per flight so $160 total.

I have phoned Miles and More and the general enquiry helplines probably on 30 different occasions and normally am told they cannot help. The English language call centre in particular have been rude on occasion and I have recorded these calls, for example one person asked if I wanted her to cry for me.
My emails are recorded on the customer feedback ID
38333227 and you will see some of the appalling responses I have been sent such as "Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to inform you that the receipt you have provided is from United Airline. In this case we cannot comply the request of refund. The respective operating carrier, who has access to all relevant flight operations data, is best suited to address flights which fall under EU regulation 261/04. We have therefore forwarded your correspondence to the operating carrier United Airline to facilitate the fastest and most accurate answer. They will contact you as soon as possible."
Of course United have not been in touch as this is not their problem. It also shows that nobody has read my request when they start talking about EU 261/04 on a domestic USA flight operated by United Airlines when the flight went on time and was not cancelled, the issues is related to baggage charges.

Please arrange for payment of the full $160 as previously promised.

Very sorry to hear about your experience! Unfortunately, we are unable to overrule any decision made by Customer Relations. Kindly contact them directly again, referring to your original feedback ID. My colleagues will then have another look into the file and re-evaluate your case.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by romans
unfortunately there is no email even in spam box, could you re-send once more please to mojemail25(at)gmail(dot)com? thank you

Hi romans,

unfortunately, we're unable to send out emails for already closed cases. Kindly contact Customer Relations directly again, referring to your original feedback ID.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Very sorry to hear about your experience! Unfortunately, we are unable to overrule any decision made by Customer Relations. Kindly contact them directly again, referring to your original feedback ID. My colleagues will then have another look into the file and re-evaluate your case.

Kind regards,

Markus
I have already done that and asked for a formal complaint to be raised. Nobody has replied since this last email on 6/11/23Thank you for your inquiry dated November 04, 2023.

We understand your wish to receive refund. However, please take a moment to understand why we are unable to fulfill your request.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to inform you that the receipt you have provided is from United Airline. In this case we cannot comply the

request of refund. The respective operating carrier, who has access to all relevant

flight operations data, is best suited to address flights which fall under EU regulation

261/04. We have therefore forwarded your correspondence to the operating carrier

United Airline to facilitate the fastest and most accurate answer. They will contact

you as soon as possible.

Our decision has already been carefully considered, taking into account, that you

have the status of a Frequent Flyer and that such cases must be handled with

appropriate care.

Of course, our decision was made after carefully considering the legal situation

along with goodwill considerations. Therefore, we kindly request your understanding

that we choose to uphold our decision and consider the case closed.

Sincerely,

Preeti Kumai

How can this type of response be acceptable? I will happily upload copies of my call recordings to here.
Please advise on the process to raise a formal complaint when my previous attempts have been ignored.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:32 am

I have already done that and asked for a formal complaint to be raised. Nobody has replied since this last email on 6/11/23Thank you for your inquiry dated November 04, 2023.

We understand your wish to receive refund. However, please take a moment to understand why we are unable to fulfill your request.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to inform you that the receipt you have provided is from United Airline. In this case we cannot comply the

request of refund. The respective operating carrier, who has access to all relevant

flight operations data, is best suited to address flights which fall under EU regulation

261/04. We have therefore forwarded your correspondence to the operating carrier

United Airline to facilitate the fastest and most accurate answer. They will contact

you as soon as possible.

Our decision has already been carefully considered, taking into account, that you

have the status of a Frequent Flyer and that such cases must be handled with

appropriate care.

Of course, our decision was made after carefully considering the legal situation

along with goodwill considerations. Therefore, we kindly request your understanding

that we choose to uphold our decision and consider the case closed.

Sincerely,

Preeti Kumai

How can this type of response be acceptable? I will happily upload copies of my call recordings to here.
Please advise on the process to raise a formal complaint when my previous attempts have been ignored.
Hello adfg,
Customer Relations is the correct point of contact for complaints, therefore I am not able to offer you a different contact. I am sorry that my colleagues' responses are unsatisfactory for you. I can send a reminder to my colleagues and ask them to have another look into your case. But, as my colleague Markus already mentioned, we don't have any influence on the decisions made by Customer Relations.
Best regards,
Jens
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:49 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hhonours Diamond
Hello, I submitted a compensation & expenses claim today for a flight re-routing due to a late LH that would've missed the connection.

On the form however (https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/comp...irregularities) it says the costs should be added and I included the UK261 compensation figure. Should I have done that? Or only the expenses costs? That bit wasn't clear.

Also what is the current timeline on when I can expect a response? Feedback ID 39437750
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:58 pm

Hello adfg,
Customer Relations is the correct point of contact for complaints, therefore I am not able to offer you a different contact. I am sorry that my colleagues' responses are unsatisfactory for you. I can send a reminder to my colleagues and ask them to have another look into your case. But, as my colleague Markus already mentioned, we don't have any influence on the decisions made by Customer Relations.
Best regards,
Jens
Hi Jens,
I want to know how to make a formal complaint - please advise on this process.
Customer services have not responded since November despite further emails to them on the same issue number so I do not see why they would do so now. By quoting their patronising canned responses above I hoped that somebody who had actually read what I am asking for would intervene by escalating this to a superior within customer services as they have repeatedly displayed arrogance and disregard to me, but it appears that this avenue is not going to work so I will need to raise a formal complaint. While this attitude to customers may dissuade a certain percentage from bothering to continue their claims, I am not going to give up and will proceed with legal action to reclaim the money if required.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by desiman
Hello, I submitted a compensation & expenses claim today for a flight re-routing due to a late LH that would've missed the connection.

On the form however (https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/comp...irregularities) it says the costs should be added and I included the UK261 compensation figure. Should I have done that? Or only the expenses costs? That bit wasn't clear.

Also what is the current timeline on when I can expect a response? Feedback ID 39437750
Hello desiman,

the form is multipurpose so that is fine. The colleagues will check for both of your requests accordingly.

However, I can't give you an estimate on the time until you receive an answer as each case is handled individually.

Kind regards,

Nils
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:30 am

Hi Jens,
I want to know how to make a formal complaint - please advise on this process.
Customer services have not responded since November despite further emails to them on the same issue number so I do not see why they would do so now. By quoting their patronising canned responses above I hoped that somebody who had actually read what I am asking for would intervene by escalating this to a superior within customer services as they have repeatedly displayed arrogance and disregard to me, but it appears that this avenue is not going to work so I will need to raise a formal complaint. While this attitude to customers may dissuade a certain percentage from bothering to continue their claims, I am not going to give up and will proceed with legal action to reclaim the money if required.
Hi again adfg,

a complaint also would have to be registered with our colleagues from Customer Relations. However, if you scroll down all the way on the following page - there is the explanation for an arbitration process: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/pass...bitrationboard.

In order to still help you out from our side - the offer still stands to escalate your case internally, if you so wish. Just let us know.

Kind regards,

Nils
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:11 pm

Hi again adfg,

a complaint also would have to be registered with our colleagues from Customer Relations. However, if you scroll down all the way on the following page - there is the explanation for an arbitration process: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/pass...bitrationboard.

In order to still help you out from our side - the offer still stands to escalate your case internally, if you so wish. Just let us know.

Kind regards,

Nils
Hi Nils,

Yes I would like you to escalate this case internally and if somebody actually reads and responds appropriately, it can be resolved this way. The reason is simple - I have been told repeatedly that this relates to EU261 when it was a domestic US flight on United Airlines and I am claiming for baggage charges that Lufthansa Miles&More told me (as per recording and note on PNR) they would pay me back for - this response is factually incorrect in almost every way.

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Hello desiman,

the form is multipurpose so that is fine. The colleagues will check for both of your requests accordingly.

However, I can't give you an estimate on the time until you receive an answer as each case is handled individually.

Kind regards,

Nils
I have had no response other than the initial case number for over three weeks. It would be very helpful to get a better understanding of how long this is going to take as I have out of pocket costs and also loss of earnings which I was hoping would be offset in part by the EU261 payments for us both - so it is impacting on us financially. I am not sure why a simple claim arising during the 7-9 March issues is taking so long to process when others are reporting receipt of funds over 10 days ago
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:45 am

Hello Lucker,

Hope you will be able to help me. ID number: 39162170. Lufthansa confirmed that:
"We are happy to confirm that we have issued the payment in the amount of 600 EUR to your designated account. We continue to rely on your patience as it can take some time for the payment to become fully accessible to you", but money is still not on my accounts, it's already 2 weeks from now... Could you please chase them, because they are not replying to me again...

Thank you,
Ernesta
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:49 am

Hi Nils,

Yes I would like you to escalate this case internally and if somebody actually reads and responds appropriately, it can be resolved this way. The reason is simple - I have been told repeatedly that this relates to EU261 when it was a domestic US flight on United Airlines and I am claiming for baggage charges that Lufthansa Miles&More told me (as per recording and note on PNR) they would pay me back for - this response is factually incorrect in almost every way.

Thanks
Hello adfg,

Your claim has already been escalated to our Customer Relations team, they will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards
Birgit
adfg likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by eernestyna
Hello Lucker,

Hope you will be able to help me. ID number: 39162170. Lufthansa confirmed that:
"We are happy to confirm that we have issued the payment in the amount of 600 EUR to your designated account. We continue to rely on your patience as it can take some time for the payment to become fully accessible to you", but money is still not on my accounts, it's already 2 weeks from now... Could you please chase them, because they are not replying to me again...

Thank you,
Ernesta
Hello Ernesta,

Please rest assured, that our Customer Relations team is still processing your claim. My colleagues are doing their utmost to handle you case as fast as they can. Your continued patience is appreciated.

Best regards
Birgit
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I have had no response other than the initial case number for over three weeks. It would be very helpful to get a better understanding of how long this is going to take as I have out of pocket costs and also loss of earnings which I was hoping would be offset in part by the EU261 payments for us both - so it is impacting on us financially. I am not sure why a simple claim arising during the 7-9 March issues is taking so long to process when others are reporting receipt of funds over 10 days ago
Hello thegreatmrsj,

Much as I understand your wish to have this resolved as fast as possible, please understand that we cannot speed up the process nor provide a time frame for our Customer Relations team's handling of claims. Please rest assured that my colleagues are processing each claim as fast as they can.

Best regards
Birgit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.