Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But you are missing the point. The F seats on the 748i are the same as on the A380 only differently arranged. (Though I'd love to sit on 1A or 1K for the view out of the windows!)

The whole point is to try playing footsies with your seat neighbour in C and to report back on FT!
When I played out the option betwen footsie with neighbors or F, it became clear!

I actually thought about not flying F on the flight, but miles and availability lined up too perfectly to pass up. If there's an empty C during the flight I may try one on for size for a little bit.
Old May 22, 2012, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
This morning I was able to rebook my C seat to F on the 747-8i for 4 June. Never thought that would be possible!

err, meant 747-8i.....
Stunning! It looks like you were able to do it exactly 14 days before your departure. Is that when it opened?
Old May 22, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by DeutschAmerican
Stunning! It looks like you were able to do it exactly 14 days before your departure. Is that when it opened?
exactly. with LH its been a pattern of 2-4 weeks prior to departure. Frustrating through UA sometimes because of "phantom" inventory. But it is what it is.
Old May 22, 2012, 1:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
exactly. with LH its been a pattern of 2-4 weeks prior to departure.
What was reported here must be still true.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post14036623
Old May 23, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
That's my experience too. I've been checking F award availability these few days on some NA-FRA/MUC routes and inventory opens up exactly 14 days before the departure if F cabin is empty (roughly A7 or more). I'm also seeing a/c type of "74H" which I assume is the code for 747-8i, correct?
Old May 23, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by MtRoot
That's my experience too. I've been checking F award availability these few days on some NA-FRA/MUC routes and inventory opens up exactly 14 days before the departure if F cabin is empty (roughly A7 or more). I'm also seeing a/c type of "74H" which I assume is the code for 747-8i, correct?
yes 74h is the 747-8i
Old May 23, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K [ex-GS],1+MM, SPG PLAT
Good news...and what I'm hoping for.
Old May 26, 2012, 8:12 pm

exactly. with LH its been a pattern of 2-4 weeks prior to departure. Frustrating through UA sometimes because of "phantom" inventory. But it is what it is.
Phantom F is really bad right now on the Aeroplan website. I have been checking YVR - FRA and its ridiculous once you see what is really available on ANA.

Also Swiss F is a no go now from N Am.
Old May 27, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sp4294
Phantom F is really bad right now on the Aeroplan website. I have been checking YVR - FRA and its ridiculous once you see what is really available on ANA.

Also Swiss F is a no go now from N Am.
LX F has been a no-go for a while from N.A. until a few days before departure.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
We don't hate the playa around here.
Why would anyone hate the beach?
Unless perhaps you're a snowman!
Old May 27, 2012, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by weero
Time to kick out the garbage they call First Class on so many planes, let alone what they call Biz.
I think he is referring to the excess miles being bought as the "garbage", not the actual passenger.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Why would anyone hate the beach?
Unless perhaps you're a snowman!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=playa

And I am pretty sure LH doesn't have a nonstop to Black Rock City. (Partially because I don't think it has an IATA airport code. )
Old May 28, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Seems like LH is one step ahead of me. I built a warchest of UA/UR miles, but now that I want to use them on LH F, I can't.

Seems like my best strategy, as an AA Ex Plat is to book AA awards one way, and then cancel if LH F opens up.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Seems like LH is one step ahead of me. I built a warchest of UA/UR miles, but now that I want to use them on LH F, I can't.

Seems like my best strategy, as an AA Ex Plat is to book AA awards one way, and then cancel if LH F opens up.
Not a bad idea. If you don't have UA Plat/1K/GS status then be ready to pay for a change fee.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:44 pm
Used to be highman123

F Award seats [on LH for *A partner FFPs]

I saw that lh f is now only released 7 days in advance not 14 anymore

However I found some dates with LH/LX F space between India/Europe that the agent could see as well as united.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.