Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Just grabbed 2 seats in F IAH-FRA at T-55 hours. 1 seat opened up at T-92 and the other just appeared!! yay!! FYI, it was at F6. LH A380 First!! so excited!!!
And finally your saga has ended after 15 days of posting about your award ticket redemption experience almost every where
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
And finally your saga has ended after 15 days of posting about your award ticket redemption experience almost every where
Yes. Now I will be quiet!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
I have grabbed several F(O) awards on LH this year.

All using UA miles with saver awards at T-14 and less.

IAD to FRA (Old F)
FRA to NRT (A380) and only two people
JFK to FRA (A380) and return twice this year

And I just booked a return on FRA-EWR On what looks like New F.

I know it stinks to have to wait to T-14 but always got the dates I wanted and wouldn't have a problem going +\- a day if it meant LH F. The serving is always absolutely amazing.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by fkatzRTW
I know it stinks to have to wait to T-14 but always got the dates I wanted and wouldn't have a problem going +\- a day if it meant LH F. The serving is always absolutely amazing.
That's fine if you are flying leisure @:-)

But for flying on business it is not convenient and might be risky sometimes
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
That's fine if you are flying leisure @:-)

But for flying on business it is not convenient and might be risky sometimes
Sure, but on the other hand, a lot of business travel is booked last minute anyways. So if it's going to be last minute it may as well be LHF
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: A bunch
Im not sure if anyone can assist me on this but I believe in the past few weeks there was a blog post from one of the "boarding area" bloggers about when the First class availability shows available. I believe it was like t-minus 14 days but mentioned the specific time like 4 or 5pm est or something but i would like to archive the blogpost and re-read the specifics of that article. Anyone know what I am talking about or can lend a hand?? ( i tried searching boarding area and i couldnt find the article, it was NOT from onemileatatime or viewfromthewing if i recall correctly)
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH updates westbound inventory around noon UTC, UA updates eatbound inventory midnight UTC.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 3:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Im not sure if anyone can assist me on this but I believe in the past few weeks there was a blog post from one of the "boarding area" bloggers about when the First class availability shows available. I believe it was like t-minus 14 days but mentioned the specific time like 4 or 5pm est or something but i would like to archive the blogpost and re-read the specifics of that article. Anyone know what I am talking about or can lend a hand?? ( i tried searching boarding area and i couldnt find the article, it was NOT from onemileatatime or viewfromthewing if i recall correctly)
Looking for the following link?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/points...tner-airlines/
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by GUWonder
GUwonder, thank you!! Much appreciated!!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:52 pm

My data/experience getting LH F for ORD-FRA...extrapolate if you will

Just wanted to share my experience on snagging LH F. While availability does change/update at 0:00 UTC, please make sure to check very frequently - here's why.
I tracked the entire availability for LH431 from ORD-FRA for the date range of 1/9 thru 1/29 (I began tracking this range on 1/7 and stopped on 1/16). I used the ANA tool to do a reverse search in order to bypass the <4 day limit.
Of the 21 days I tracked, only 7 didn't show availability at some point, and 3 of those 7 were still 9+ days out. 12 of 16 flights that were T-8 or less had availability at some point during my tracking. **The flights that didn't show availability had 0, 1, or 2 open seats (out of 8). 1 flight showed availability with as few as 2 open seats out of 8 (this was at T-1).
5 of 8 open seems to be a magic number - when it hits 5 available there's a vastly larger chance of a seat opening than with 4 available.
**CHECK often because nearly every flight I tracked had seats free up while I was tracking them - I'm not sure if it's pax cancelling or what, but it almost always happened. For me, my Tuesday flight had no award availability with 4 open seats at T-6, however sometime between 4AM and 10AM CST a seat opened up at T-6. I checked and 5 seats were available, 1 award, I got the award seat making 4 available and then award availability was closed.

This was a summary of a spreadsheet, so sorry if it's confusing...

...And then right after I post this I re-check availability and my flight has another award seat available by the looks of it, at T-6 with 4 open...so availability changes at times other than 00:00 UTC even when the number of open seats doesn't change.

Last edited by garkman; Jan 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, IHG
That's probably as detailed of a summary of the current state of LH availability as I've seen, garkman. Thanks for doing the research!

Any differences across aircraft types? For example, last summer I was watching the 748 when it was flying to/from Dulles and availability on it seemed to follow different logic (and be much harder to get) than flights on other aircraft.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by hausrath
That's probably as detailed of a summary of the current state of LH availability as I've seen, garkman. Thanks for doing the research!

Any differences across aircraft types? For example, last summer I was watching the 748 when it was flying to/from Dulles and availability on it seemed to follow different logic (and be much harder to get) than flights on other aircraft.
You're quite welcome, I figure I've taken enough from FT I must pay it back when I can. As far as different aircraft types go I'm not sure - all I was tracking for this one was the 744 (with 95% chance of being refurb'd ). I'd assume any similar-sized aircraft (ie 8 F seats) would have similar trends, but they could vary it by any number of metrics. For example, some routes may have higher propensity for last-minute bookings, so they'd probably try to hold back award inventory later for those. Just speculation at this point - others can feel free to add in data for their own flights.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by garkman
Just wanted to share my experience on snagging LH F. While availability does change/update at 0:00 UTC, please make sure to check very frequently - here's why.
I tracked the entire availability for LH431 from ORD-FRA for the date range of 1/9 thru 1/29 (I began tracking this range on 1/7 and stopped on 1/16). I used the ANA tool to do a reverse search in order to bypass the <4 day limit.
Of the 21 days I tracked, only 7 didn't show availability at some point, and 3 of those 7 were still 9+ days out. 12 of 16 flights that were T-8 or less had availability at some point during my tracking. **The flights that didn't show availability had 0, 1, or 2 open seats (out of 8). 1 flight showed availability with as few as 2 open seats out of 8 (this was at T-1).
5 of 8 open seems to be a magic number - when it hits 5 available there's a vastly larger chance of a seat opening than with 4 available.
**CHECK often because nearly every flight I tracked had seats free up while I was tracking them - I'm not sure if it's pax cancelling or what, but it almost always happened. For me, my Tuesday flight had no award availability with 4 open seats at T-6, however sometime between 4AM and 10AM CST a seat opened up at T-6. I checked and 5 seats were available, 1 award, I got the award seat making 4 available and then award availability was closed.

This was a summary of a spreadsheet, so sorry if it's confusing...

...And then right after I post this I re-check availability and my flight has another award seat available by the looks of it, at T-6 with 4 open...so availability changes at times other than 00:00 UTC even when the number of open seats doesn't change.
Very nice analysis indeed, I did a similar (but different ) analysis back in August. I was tracking a bunch of longhaul F routes for a certain day (as opposed to a bunch of days) watching for 2 seats to open.

See here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19247825-post325.html
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:52 am
NWR

Programs: UA 1K
How see same day award visibility

Does anyone know how to see same day *A award availability on LH? ANA appears to limit the latest search to next day. Expert flyer shows it, but from what I gather it gets it's info from UA.com. So would that mean UA.com is the only way?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Here's my scenario; Currently holding 3 Business Class (I) awards from DTW to FRA for May. Used United miles. A340-300 currently scheduled for the route. F completely empty as of now. What are the odds of upgrading to F with more miles or any other alternative?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.