Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Dear LH Revenue Management Lurker,

Your FRA-HKG flight this Monday is F6, would you please be so kind as to open two F seats for star alliance partner rewards.

Yours in
colpuck

Last edited by colpuck; May 11, 2013 at 8:28 am
Old May 11, 2013, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by colpuck
Dear LH Revenue Management Lurker,

Your FRA-HKG flight this Monday is F6, would you please be so kind as to open two F seats for star alliance partner rewards.

Yours in
colpuck
I'm going to guess they're going to release at least one seat within T-48. Tell me if I'm right.
Old May 11, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
I was under the impression that LH didn't release F award seats to *A partners until 15 days out, but is that only for selected routes?

For example, I see plenty of LH F availability in October (!) for a route like KUL-BKK on a 744.
Old May 11, 2013, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by kluever
I was under the impression that LH didn't release F award seats to *A partners until 15 days out, but is that only for selected routes?

For example, I see plenty of LH F availability in October (!) for a route like KUL-BKK on a 744.
That's one of the exceptions. SGN-BKK is another one because it's a short fifth freedom flight.
Old May 30, 2013, 6:07 am

I need 2 seats. Will LH be likely to open another seat if there is 1 seat available and I book it?
Old May 30, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe, I've seen some odd things with that. I was surprised to see FRA-EZE as O3 quite often.
Old May 30, 2013, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Maybe, I've seen some odd things with that. I was surprised to see FRA-EZE as O3 quite often.
I have had very good luck over the years upgrading from business to first on this route- in fact I only missed once getting the upgrade with either evouchers or points.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Any pattern to F award inventory?

Is there any rhyme or reason to how LH releases award seats in the F cabin to partners? If 4 seats are available for sale, is there a good chance that LH will release 2 seats at the last minute? Or does there need to be 6, 8? Or is there no set pattern at all? Specifically looking at FRA - JNB A380 route.

thanks
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
I have been monitoring FRA-JNB myself. Can not seem to find any logic, even trouble finding C class at most periods. However JNB-FRA looks easier, but to get from JNB, you have to get their at first.
JNB, LAX, SIN and SFO seems to be the hardest to find. To be honest I have not tried South-America, but as R/T seats in F are sold from Norway from NOK 90000 / EUR 11000 - I believe they are hard to find.
Try the LH Newbie forum - they always come up with some logic answer.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ekartash
Is there any rhyme or reason to how LH releases award seats in the F cabin to partners? If 4 seats are available for sale, is there a good chance that LH will release 2 seats at the last minute? Or does there need to be 6, 8? Or is there no set pattern at all? Specifically looking at FRA - JNB A380 route.

thanks
A better thread for this question is in the UA forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ly-2014-a.html
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
At what time does LH release F awards to its partners?

At what time of the day of the does LH typically release F award seats to partners?

I'm looking to book some TATL LH F awards.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: LH HON
2 weeks before departure
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by daumueller
2 weeks before departure
Thanks, but I'm referring to the time of day when they release it.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Thanks, but I'm referring to the time of day when they release it.
A blog that I read a year ago mentioned 4PM Eastern. Not sure if that was Standard time or Daylight Savings. For the searches I've been conducting recently that time still seems to hold true.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The topic is discussed ad nauseam in the thread I linked in post #250.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.