Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:56 pm
jk2

I have a question. I am checking award availability for July on LH to FRA from US (MIA, IAD, JFK) in F, but if F is available, it is always US-MUC-FRA (no direct flight to FRA), business class is available everyday. Is it norm? I prefer to fly to FRA directly (to use a FCT). Does Lufthansa keeps F seats to FRA until last minute?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jk2
I have a question. I am checking award availability for July on LH to FRA from US (MIA, IAD, JFK) in F, but if F is available, it is always US-MUC-FRA (no direct flight to FRA), business class is available everyday. Is it norm? I prefer to fly to FRA directly (to use a FCT). Does Lufthansa keeps F seats to FRA until last minute?
FRA generally (not always, I flew alone in F XXX-FRA once, XXX-MUC same day was sold out in F at F0) has higher paid F demand, so LH generally holds most of the FRA seats a little closer to the vest in terms of releasing them for awards.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by jk2
you can use FCT with same day F BP even if you arrive/depart in F via MUC.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: LifeMiles, AA, SQ
Expertflyer pinged me when a seat opened up. I checked United's site - it found a seat.

I checked Lifemiles - not there. On two separate destinations. How do I understand if these seats will be released to Lifemiles or not right now - i'm trying to run down these points since I have only 500 M&M points left.

Otherwise I'm not really sure how to book with Lifemiles if they don't get the same availability :/
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
Does Lufthansa keeps F seats to FRA until last minute?
Yes. Not just to FRA but all F routes. Also they are ranked by aircraft so A380 routes are the harder to find than 748i routes which are harder to find than Airbus routes.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Miles and More, Miles and Bonus, HHonors, Starwood, Hyatt
LH 418 for Friday March 25? F
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by babiko
LH 418 for Friday March 25? F
I see F award "O" space available on that flight on UA.com and EF say's the flight is F5A3 so i trust it.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Miles and More, Miles and Bonus, HHonors, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Madone59
I see F award "O" space available on that flight on UA.com and EF say's the flight is F5A3 so i trust it.

Looking for 3 seats, but only showing 2 for me
Old Mar 24, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by babiko
Looking for 3 seats, but only showing 2 for me
I have LH never seen opening up than 2 seats at the same moment. Pick it and hope you also can get the 3rd one at Check-in.

A3 does not mean 3 award seats.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Starwood Gold
I'm sure this has been answered before but my searches didn't result in me finding the answer.

I have booked in June BOS-FRA-MUC-BKK-HKG with the BOS-FRA and FRA-MUC portions in LH, the rest on TG. The entire trip was booked with United miles for "First Saver Award" of 130k miles each. The LH portions are booked into Business (I) and the LH portions are in First (O). I know LH doesn't release O to partners until last minute, but checking this routing for the next week or so, it shows O class available for the BOS-FRA flight, at the same 130k mile "price" for the entire BOS-HKG routing.

My question is, if (IF!) O becomes available closer to my departure date, how can I request to be moved from Business to First, since I've already provided the 130,000 miles per person that is required for First when it is available. I hope United doesn't force me to pay the award change fee, because no flights are changing and I wouldn't be using any more or less miles, just moving from I to O if it becomes available. I hope my question is clear.

The unusual routing is so I can get as many 747 flights in as possible
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
United has to update/reissue your ticket after changing the booking class, no way around it. LH will not touch your ticket and transport you in I irregardless of the underlying O fare.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:41 pm

I have a few questions about some issues I've had while looking for space on the Aeroplan site. ( I know it becomes avail T-14 days out)

First, I was looking for space between ORD-FRA on a certain day and no space showed available, I then searched ORD-MUC and space showed available from ORD-FRA-MUC on the flight I was originally looking for between ORD-FRA. why would this be?

Second, I tried comparing space between the United site and the Aeroplan site and space was showing available on United but not with Aeroplan for the same day. If I understand correctly from other posts space opens to partners between 9-9:30pm pst but that still would not explain this discrepancy?

Finally, I looked for space for one person and it didn't show available, then I ran a search for two people and it did show available. Why would this be?

Again this is all on the aeroplan site. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:23 pm

I'm planning to use M&M to fly LAX-FRA/MUC to fly Aug 2017 (yes a long ways off). I'm looking at Apr 10th, LAX-MUC a seat open in first... checked expertflyer, and it doesn't show.

Is expertflyer useless for award bookings still?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
I'm planning to use M&M to fly LAX-FRA/MUC to fly Aug 2017 (yes a long ways off). I'm looking at Apr 10th, LAX-MUC a seat open in first... checked expertflyer, and it doesn't show.

Is expertflyer useless for award bookings still?
Are you planning to use M&M miles for an award but don't have enough miles to check award availability?

I can't see any F award for LAX-MUC on April 10th on M&M though I can find one F award seat on April 11th.

ExpertFlyer doesn't show F award on either 10th or 11th.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, LH, AV, VS
If anyone is interested, F award availability MUC-YUL available on LifeMiles and is wide open from now until early next year, almost every day. I have just booked 4 dates. Strangely, I cannot see this availability on Aeroplan and it doesn't show up on ExpertFlyer searches. MUC-YYZ continues to show availability on most days 14 days out. I have flown the Montreal route twice and I was the only passenger in F both times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.