Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by edsh
A blog that I read a year ago mentioned 4PM Eastern. Not sure if that was Standard time or Daylight Savings. For the searches I've been conducting recently that time still seems to hold true.
Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The topic is discussed ad nauseam in the thread I linked in post #250.
Thank you so much!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Seriously! LH First Class Award Availability!?

Does anyone know how LH release their First Class Awards for other Star Alliance members?

I flew in november to and from Brazil with LH F, and 14 days ahead they realeased O-Class because the availability in LH F was low. A few days ahead they released more O-Class tickets due to low booking.

If i look now, they have No F seats booked on some flights (FRA-DEL 21/12) and still they don't release any seats. Same is on a few different destinations in Asia. (obviously I´m trying to book this on the 28/29th of december.

My question is, is this done systematically or is someone manually every once and then looking at the bookings and decide if they should release more seats or not.

Thanks,
Johan
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:34 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader
If i look now, they have No F seats booked on some flights (FRA-DEL 21/12) and still they don't release any seats.
LH is not especially keen on releasing award seats to partners. As a non-status M&M member I could definitely book two F seats on LH760 on 21 December (probably four, possibly more: I don't have enough M&M miles to be certain). The best that's available to me using UA miles is a single seat in C.

The payment LH would get from a *A partner is less than the amount they'll receive if they sell an extra Y seat and give someone an op-up.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Whats the logic?

Hi again,

still really don't get it? on some flights ICN 26/12 there are 4 O-class, and on some other flights that has F8, they have not released a single seat.

Are they manually putting in the O-class or do they have some kind of system?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
.. or do they have some kind of system?
They have some kind of system .. the cult of inventory management.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It wouldn't be much of a system if flyers like us would understand it, would it...?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by RTW1
It wouldn't be much of a system if flyers like us would understand it, would it...?
You'd make one fine apologist! You'll always have a fallback career path .
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Humor, sometimes hard to understand :-).
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Does anyone know how LH release their First Class Awards for other Star Alliance members?

I flew in november to and from Brazil with LH F, and 14 days ahead they realeased O-Class because the availability in LH F was low. A few days ahead they released more O-Class tickets due to low booking.

If i look now, they have No F seats booked on some flights (FRA-DEL 21/12) and still they don't release any seats. Same is on a few different destinations in Asia. (obviously I´m trying to book this on the 28/29th of december.

My question is, is this done systematically or is someone manually every once and then looking at the bookings and decide if they should release more seats or not.

Thanks,
Johan
Have you set up alert in expertflyer or something? When/if they release seats, they usually disappear fast. Starting 14 days before the flight, the seats can be released anytime. If it still shows F8 in availability, chances are at least one will be released to *A partners soon.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was looking at SIN-FRA or SIN-ZRH for 2 pax in F in the next 2-3 days and checked through other *A FFPs and got nothing other than LX Biz to ZRH on Dec 24, 25 (which isn't bad, no surprise that there was no LX F of course).

Via LH M&M as lowly FTL I could see 2 F seats on LH779 on Dec 26 though that didn't show up via other *A FFP (checked LM online, called SQ - to check on Suites / First on SQ metal so also asked about LH). YMMV
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by demue
checked LM online, . YMMV
As you can't book LH F with LM anymore it's useless to check the avaiability there.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:52 am

F Award seats [on LH for *A and other partner FFPs]

And LX F only for HON & SEN...
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
As you can't book LH F with LM anymore it's useless to check the avaiability there.
Really? I thought they released F seats to all *A carriers starting 14 days before departure, not just some?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Really? I thought they released F seats to all *A carriers starting 14 days before departure, not just some?
IIRC, LM is blocking LH F on their end. It's not LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.