Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by highman123
I saw that lh f is now only released 7 days in advance not 14 anymore

However I found some dates with LH/LX F space between India/Europe that the agent could see as well as united.com.
I had no problem booking F 14 days out about 10 days ago. There may not be a very exact science to LH's "alogrithm" for seat release. I think its a YMMV type situation.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:00 pm
Used to be highman123

F Award seats [on LH for *A partner FFPs]

It must be a recent change. Space out of SFO was always 14 days in advance available but now it's only 7days...
Old May 29, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Same goes for the NYC airports. I think it might be because of the summer peak travel.
Old May 30, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
LAX-FRA looks like it's only 3 days per United website.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
best strategy?

New to this: If I wanted to try to fly LH F award but its not available, should I look for C and book that, then WL to upgrade to F? Thinking of SFO to FRA or MUC.
I could do this throught the United 1K desk?
Thanks
Old May 30, 2012, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by mmack
New to this: If I wanted to try to fly LH F award but its not available, should I look for C and book that, then WL to upgrade to F? Thinking of SFO to FRA or MUC.
I could do this throught the United 1K desk?
Thanks
Thats what I do usually is book the C just to be on the flight since theres no guarantee the C will be there later. I dont think you can waitlist on LH via mileage plus, at least thats what UA has told me in the past.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:37 am

I just booked 14 days in advance in F on IAD-MUC. That day, seats opened up from various gateways, however none in F from NYC, LAX, or SFO. Also, no 747 or 380 seats opened on that day. Perhaps they will open at 7 days before? Any idea?
Old May 31, 2012, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by DeutschAmerican
I just booked 14 days in advance in F on IAD-MUC. That day, seats opened up from various gateways, however none in F from NYC, LAX, or SFO. Also, no 747 or 380 seats opened on that day. Perhaps they will open at 7 days before? Any idea?
I'd love to say that there is a set pattern or formula, but I dont think thats the case. LH certainly doesnt rush to open availability, but I wonder if it almost isnt on a flight by flight basis based on load factor, etc
Old May 31, 2012, 8:32 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I think you need to be very flexible.

I just completed FRA-SEA in LH F in late May. the cabin was 8/8.

I wanted FRA-YVR in F so I kept checking to see what was available 3 days before departure.

The closest I could find was FRA-SEA one day earlier or FRA-IAH IAH-YVR +3 days which wasn't a help for me.

Playing lotto may result in massive rerouting changes.
Old May 31, 2012, 8:37 am

Within 14 days of departure, does inventory get updated daily? Or, does inventory get updated 14 days before, then 7 days before, 6, 5, 4 etc? Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK RM inventory recalc goes daily 7 days out. Before that its weekly. Note that east bound TATL inventory for LH flights is done by CO dba UA under the A+ agreement.

Non M&M cannot WL for awards, you'll have to grab any I inventory and monitor the situation. Phantom LH F availability on UA.com usually comes thru T-7/14 days and you can change your ticket (free if you have status on UA).
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Phantom LH F availability on UA.com usually comes thru T-7/14 days and you can change your ticket (free if you have status on UA).
Does this mean those phantom seats we see on UA.com are, in effect, a preview of seats that WILL come open at the next recalc? Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:03 pm

FRA-DXB in FC. A little help please.

A little guidance please...I am booked in FC on LH 630 FRA/DXB on a Thursday in June, and have been waiting for months for a seat to open the next day (Friday), using UA MP miles.

Can anyone provide some guidance as to when this would be most likely to open? 21 days before? 14? 7? Week of? I called LH and they indicated the cabin was at this time completely empty.

When seats first opened last year, it looked like they only opened M-Th, but not Fri, Sat, or Sun. (Hence, I have a Thursday flight when I need a Fri one).
Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by DeutschAmerican
Does this mean those phantom seats we see on UA.com are, in effect, a preview of seats that WILL come open at the next recalc? Thanks!
It seems to be that way, no official confirmation to be found though...
Old Jun 2, 2012, 3:40 pm

definitely would agree that its a precursor. Each time I saw the phantom seat, it became reality later. (3 bookings this year).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.