Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by weero
Time to kick out the garbage they call First Class on so many planes, let alone what they call Biz.
Nominated for best post 2012! ^
Old May 6, 2012, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Obviously someone burning United miles transferred from Ultimate Rewards is not garbage.
But of course not. US Dividend Miles only get spent by dirty evil maximizers. People using Chase Ultimate Rewards to go to SIN for the weekend as a travel blogger are just the kind of people LH wants in their premium cabin.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
But of course not. US Dividend Miles only get spent by dirty evil maximizers. People using Chase Ultimate Rewards to go to SIN for the weekend as a travel blogger are just the kind of people LH wants in their premium cabin.
He does write positively about them, so I don't think they mind. And he knows what he's talking about.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by United757
He does write positively about them, so I don't think they mind. And he knows what he's talking about.
Don't get me wrong- this is all about LH making silly statements about "protecting" their cabins from US DM redeeming "trash" and nothing bad about Lucky. We don't hate the playa around here, especially when he beats LH at their game.

Guess what? Lucky used to redeem US DMs to get into LH F. Now it's UA and Chase UR. So it's all a big when I hear stupid things like that statement from that LH manager. If he wants to protect his company's F cabins, he should try selling his seats at market prices. Excellent protection from us FTer types looking for bargains on miles when you sell things people want to buy at prices people want to buy them at.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
UA used to be no problem as they protected LH with their Starnet blocking. Now COdbaUA has kicked that policy to the kerb and the miles inflation is being heated up by their partner Chase issuing one card after another to counter Amex in the US market. I got 100k UA MP points for nothing just because I applied for a CO and their UA chase CC. You can buy points for 2 cents/mile during if you have a united segment, awards can be booked online for even oneways on various *A and other partners... ^
Old May 7, 2012, 2:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
A couple of observations. For recent LH F awards at least, Lucky seems to have booked them at the last minute. I don't know if those awards had been available to US DM maximizers as well. Secondly I've read somewhere that LH F awards which are not available to M&M members and certainly not to US DM maximizers could be booked online by UMP members. I knew UA/CO search engine showed phantom awards not visible on ANA but it's worrying if these awards can actually be booked online.

BTW I was in the same LH F cabin with Lucky a few months ago. I had seen his photo somewhere but wasn't sure if it was him. Now I wish I had gone over to say hello especially since he seems to be a fan of the First retrofit thread.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: DL Plat
Is there any chance availability will open up closer to departure on 380 flights?

We are currently looking at NYC > JNB or CPT. We can find availability on the TATL leg but nothing EU > SA.

Just wondering if we should book the mixed classes and hope for some openings.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Just booked DEN-FRA-NRT in F using United miles for next week. Excited about First class on LH! I am hoping that SFO-FRA also opens up in F so I can take two rides on the A380.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
What's the general consensus now as to when LH opens up O class for *A members? 21 days? 14 days? Varies by aircraft type?

Much appreciated...
Old May 19, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dinosims
What's the general consensus now as to when LH opens up O class for *A members? 21 days? 14 days? Varies by aircraft type?

Much appreciated...
I'd say 14 days and depends on the route/aircraft as well as how full the F cabin is on the day you want to fly..
Old May 20, 2012, 8:12 pm
Used to be highman123

F Award seats [on LH for *A partner FFPs]

Some routes like eze-fra still show availability some months out at least on united.com...
Old May 20, 2012, 11:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by highman123
Some routes like eze-fra still show availability some months out at least on united.com...
But check this post...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18610443-post115.html
Old May 21, 2012, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Just booked an IAD-FRA flight for two weeks in the future. There is still space from IAD-MUC as well on 04 June. Recently booked FRA-JNB in A380 F (day before) and FRA-ORD in LH F (two weeks before).
Old May 21, 2012, 10:42 am

O availiability on 747-800

This morning I was able to rebook my C seat to F on the 747-8i for 4 June. Never thought that would be possible!

err, meant 747-8i.....

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; May 21, 2012 at 6:10 pm
Old May 21, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
This morning I was able to rebook my C seat to F on the 747-8i for 4 June. Never thought that would be possible!
But you are missing the point. The F seats on the 748i are the same as on the A380 only differently arranged. (Though I'd love to sit on 1A or 1K for the view out of the windows!)

The whole point is to try playing footsies with your seat neighbour in C and to report back on FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.