Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
As long as it's same day and not next day departure, you can enter the lounge and leave it and then enter it again later.

There's lockers at level 0: https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/pa...uggage-lockers
Yes, would be arriving at 5am, departing around 9pm so same day. Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Yes, would be arriving at 5am, departing around 9pm so same day. Thanks!
This is an unclean arrival into B or T and a departure from B. Your scenario will involve multiple passport and security checks (and the very poor Diamond B lounge).

Transfer security upon arrival before going to B. Leave lounge and exit airport through passport control.

Security and passport control upon coming back to the airport for the B gates.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 7:50 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by MichielR
This is an unclean arrival into B or T and a departure from B. Your scenario will involve multiple passport and security checks (and the very poor Diamond B lounge).

Transfer security upon arrival before going to B. Leave lounge and exit airport through passport control.

Security and passport control upon coming back to the airport for the B gates.
Understood that this will not be without some hassle, but I will give myself plenty of time (literally hours) at each end. Are there any better alternatives to the Diamond B lounge that I can access for a shower at 6am? [and I appreciate that any will likely involve even more passport and security checks...]
Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Understood that this will not be without some hassle, but I will give myself plenty of time (literally hours) at each end. Are there any better alternatives to the Diamond B lounge that I can access for a shower at 6am? [and I appreciate that any will likely involve even more passport and security checks...]
There is nothing better at the airport - if you need something better and are prepared to pay for it check with the Sheraton across the road from the departure hall.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Does anyone have experience with the showers at Regus? Opens only at 08:30 am and only on weekdays. But it is landside.
https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/pa...verview/shower
Old Dec 3, 2023, 3:02 am

40 minutes for Brussels connection?

I've been caught in the Munich weather event and am relying on Lufthansa to get me home to London tomorrow (Monday 4th). After declining their kind offer to fly me home via Athens (!) I've ended up with a connection in Brussels instead.

Bit worried though about the tight connection time and hoping someone can tell me if this is feasible? They have only allowed 40 minutes between flights, and of course this is Schengen > non-Schengen.
Flights are LH2288 MUC - BRU arriving 16.05
then SN2095 BRU - LHR departing 16.55
Travelling in economy so no chance of being first off the LH flight.

Can it be done or am I going to end up queing at LH customer service at 5pm?​​​​​
Old Dec 3, 2023, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by OxfordBen
I've been caught in the Munich weather event and am relying on Lufthansa to get me home to London tomorrow (Monday 4th). After declining their kind offer to fly me home via Athens (!) I've ended up with a connection in Brussels instead.

Bit worried though about the tight connection time and hoping someone can tell me if this is feasible? They have only allowed 40 minutes between flights, and of course this is Schengen > non-Schengen.
Flights are LH2288 MUC - BRU arriving 16.05
then SN2095 BRU - LHR departing 16.55
Travelling in economy so no chance of being first off the LH flight.

Can it be done or am I going to end up queing at LH customer service at 5pm?​​​​​
Assuming no delays (which is unlikely IMO) this should be possible. The MUC flight parks at one of the nearest gates (usually A43 or A45) and from there you will have to walk about 500m to the B gates, only passport control, no security check.

It is a bit of a zig-zag navigating the various shops at the base of A but the signs are clear.

If you miss the connection it looks like there are SN flights at 8:45pm and 9:15pm or you can take the train from BRU to St Pancras and claim the cost from LH. If you miss it don't look for LH, let SN take care of the rebooking.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I would recommend to rather jog / run than walk, since it's a bit of a obstacle treck, as MichielR said.
But definitely feasible if all goes well...
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:33 am

Thank you both for the advice, at least I now know it's feasible even if very tight. Will let you know how we get on tomorrow.
MichielR likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by OxfordBen
Thank you both for the advice, at least I now know it's feasible even if very tight. Will let you know how we get on tomorrow.
LH2288 has been canceled. I hope you were provided with an alternative by LH.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
LH2288 has been canceled. I hope you were provided with an alternative by LH.
As you say, I won't now be able to test the advice! Thank you again anyway.

We got the cancellation text just as we arrived at the airport. MUC is a place of chaos today! Luckily for us this was already a rebooking from a BA flight and I was able to use status to get through on the phone and rebook, we're now travelling tomorrow. Zero seats available for later today.
MichielR likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I saw mention of a shuttle bus between B and T. Flying BHX-BRU-EWR so will arrive and depart from B, with a 3 hour layover and thought I’d check out the Sunrise lounge. Is this feasible without an immigration check? I seem to remember the Diamond lounge isn’t that great.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I saw mention of a shuttle bus between B and T. Flying BHX-BRU-EWR so will arrive and depart from B, with a 3 hour layover and thought I’d check out the Sunrise lounge. Is this feasible without an immigration check? I seem to remember the Diamond lounge isn’t that great.
I think the shuttle bus only offers a connection from B to T, not the other way around. (according to the picture on Lounges at Brussels | Brussels Airlines )
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Originally Posted by fets_be
I think the shuttle bus only offers a connection from B to T, not the other way around. (according to the picture on Lounges at Brussels | Brussels Airlines )
Yes, the bus only goes one way B->T. There isn't an immigration check to get on the bus, and I don't remember any check to see if you have a departing flight from the T gates (but I was pretty tired) when we did this last spring. I'm pretty sure that you can exit the T gates through an immigration check, but I didn't look closely at the setup. Getting back to B would require 2 immigration checks if you want to take that route (T to A, then A to B).

The Diamond Lounge is really crowded prior to the US bound flights and they will stop letting people in if it is at capacity. There are actually two lounges with separate entrances in the B gates, right next to each other.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by fets_be
Originally Posted by tods27
Yes, the bus only goes one way B->T. There isn't an immigration check to get on the bus, and I don't remember any check to see if you have a departing flight from the T gates (but I was pretty tired) when we did this last spring. I'm pretty sure that you can exit the T gates through an immigration check, but I didn't look closely at the setup. Getting back to B would require 2 immigration checks if you want to take that route (T to A, then A to B).

The Diamond Lounge is really crowded prior to the US bound flights and they will stop letting people in if it is at capacity. There are actually two lounges with separate entrances in the B gates, right next to each other.
Thanks, good note for future reference. Ended up taking the path of least resistance and got into the Diamond lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.