Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I am travelling in J from YUL to NBO via BRU and have a 3 hour layover in BRU. I believe the AC flight arrives at a B gate but I am not sure where the flight from BRU to NBO departs (SN481). Will it be possible for me to use the Loft lounge near the A gates or will I only have access to the Diamond lounge?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:04 pm

The route to NBO is new, so there is no history to look at. But most morning flights to Africa leave from the T gates. If that is the case, you can use the Sunrise lounge at the T gates. (You'll first have to take a shuttle bus from B to T.)

For the A gates (and the lounge there), you'd need to clear immigration (entering Schengen) between B and A, and then again (leaving Schengen) to get to your departure gate. (I have no idea if they would let you do that, sorry.)
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by scottinaz
I am travelling in J from YUL to NBO via BRU and have a 3 hour layover in BRU. I believe the AC flight arrives at a B gate but I am not sure where the flight from BRU to NBO departs (SN481). Will it be possible for me to use the Loft lounge near the A gates or will I only have access to the Diamond lounge?
SN flights to NBO have not resumed yet, but their other flights to Africa usually depart from T-gates, at the end of the A-pier. SN have a lounge there, called "Sunrise" - better than the Diamond lounge in B.
There is an airside bus from B to T so that's probably the easiest.

Going to the Loft lounge would mean 2 passport controls: entering Schengen out of B, going to the lounge, and then exiting Schengen between A and T.
Van_Looy likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN
But that's a low standard, the Diamond lounge in B is an abomination. Are there any plans to reinstate an SN lounge in the B terminal?

Originally Posted by fereke
SN have a lounge there, called "Sunrise" - better than the Diamond lounge in B
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
Thanks, it looks like the Sunrise Lounge will work out great.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
One hour transit in BRU. Non-Schengen-Non-Schengen

A flight was cancelled, I am rebooked. Arrive BRU from USA. Depart to MAN exactly one hour later.

What are my chances? I can travel carryon only.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:06 am

No problem, if you arrive on time. No passport control, no customs.

I think that you'll still have to clear security again, but I have heard from some sources that at BRU they now also separate "safe" (but non-Schengen) countries (like the US) from other arrivals. But I have no recent experience, so I cannot confirm that.

Added, since you write that you"can" travel carrryon only: even with checked luggage there is no problem; it will be sent straight to MAN.
Return2flight likes this.

Last edited by Koby; Jan 24, 2024 at 1:53 am
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Return2flight
A flight was cancelled, I am rebooked. Arrive BRU from USA. Depart to MAN exactly one hour later.

What are my chances? I can travel carryon only.
I can't speak from personal experience as I wasn't connecting but when I arrived from the USA there were numerous staffers asking pax if they had connections prior to passport control.
Return2flight likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I'm being proposed a 65 minute connection LHR-BRU-MAD. Reading history in this thread, it looks like I can arrive 'clean' into B from LHR, so just walk over to A, passport control, on to gate? That seems pretty doable (although US passport holder, not EU so no egates I figure).
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:19 am

Am I correct to understand that on departure from BRU the security is shared? So for a flight to LHR departing B gates, as a Star Gold I can clear security then head to A gates to sample the Loft in any spare time, before I clear passport control for the LHR flight?

Also, is there priority security (or any other priority service worth having) for Star Golds in BRU?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:30 am

Yes, and yes (if the airline that you are flying allows it for *Golds of course).
BernardBlack likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:33 am

You're correct, security is shared. After you're cleared, turn left to A gates (and the Loft lounge) or right to passport control and B gates.
There are some priority security lanes and a SN bp with Star Gold will grant you access.
BernardBlack likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
The Loft is at the beginning of the A pier, so you will have a nice walk after security, down an escalator and through all the shops and cafés before turning right and up another escalator to the Loft. You will then have to repeat this itinerary in reverse to reach passport control and the B gates. Allow a good ten minutes in each direction, especially if the airport is crowded. You will know you've reached the A pier by the crowd milling around and peering up at the central screens to see if the gate for their flight has been announced.
BernardBlack likes this.

Last edited by tem123; Apr 1, 2024 at 5:29 am
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:28 am

Unless you have too much time on your hands and/or are looking to put the steps in, there’s really nothing special about the Loft lounge to make it worth the detour. The Diamond lounge in the B course is fine. I’d minimize time in the airport…
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by BernardBlack
Am I correct to understand that on departure from BRU the security is shared? So for a flight to LHR departing B gates, as a Star Gold I can clear security then head to A gates to sample the Loft in any spare time, before I clear passport control for the LHR flight?

Also, is there priority security (or any other priority service worth having) for Star Golds in BRU?
The Diamond lounge food offerings in pier B are definitely better than the ones at the Loft.
The only particular thing in the SN lounge is the manned chocolate desk from Nehaus. Apart from that, unless you have a lot of hours before your non Schengen flight, I would not go all the way to the Loft knowing what they have there. Personal opinion of course

PS
Sometimes the automatic gates for passport control are not working, be aware there is always a risk of (long) lines there, especially around national holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.