Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:03 am

I am contemplating KL AMS-BRU connecting to QR BRU-DOH on separate tickets. 90 minute transfer time hand luggage only.

Is it possible to get the QR boarding pass at a transfer desk or do I need to go to the QR check-in counter.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by AhogZ
Yes, after coming back from the city you need to clear security only and turn left to A gates, no passport control.
Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:51 pm

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by erik123
I am contemplating KL AMS-BRU connecting to QR BRU-DOH on separate tickets. 90 minute transfer time hand luggage only.

Is it possible to get the QR boarding pass at a transfer desk or do I need to go to the QR check-in counter.
You will be deboarding into A gate and walking towards B gates, I do not remember any transfer desk on the way. But maybe after passport control in the B gates area, there is one? do not travel often enough to non-Schengen destinations to know for sure.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 4:39 am

I am contemplating KL AMS-BRU connecting to QR BRU-DOH
If you leave from Amsterdam (the city), and if your timing permits it, consider taking the train. The intercity trains from Amsterdam have a stop at BRU airport.
There are hourly trains, travel time is 2h20, and you avoid the departure from AMS.
https://www.nsinternational.com/en
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by AhogZ
I do not remember any transfer desk on the way.
There are no transfer desks at the A gates, or anywhere before you get to passport control towards the B gates.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Koby
If you leave from Amsterdam (the city), and if your timing permits it, consider taking the train. The intercity trains from Amsterdam have a stop at BRU airport.
There are hourly trains, travel time is 2h20, and you avoid the departure from AMS.
https://www.nsinternational.com/en
I would but the QR flight is too early.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:43 am

As a quick follow-up. It worked out without a hitch.

Online check-in gave me boarding passes for all flights. After arrival walk to the gate with no security screening at all. Passport validation was done at the gate.
Koby and fereke like this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 6:33 am

Passport validation was done at the gate.
Strange. No passport control before getting to the gates?
Did you maybe leave from the "T" gates? (This is basically the same area as the A gates for the Schengen departures / arrivals, but in the morning they close that end of the building off with some passport control booths.)
Old Sep 23, 2023, 1:32 pm

Strange. No passport control before getting to the gates?
Did you maybe leave from the "T" gates? (This is basically the same area as the A gates for the Schengen departures / arrivals, but in the morning they close that end of the building off with some passport control booths.)
QR flight was from B36. No security check either. When at the B lounge I got a call from QR asking whether I was going to be on the flight and they needed to check my travel docs and to do so at the gate. Quite surprising as I suspect it's against protocol and a flaw in the BRU transfer system.

Also no security or passport check in Doha.

Last edited by erik123; Sep 24, 2023 at 2:20 am
Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:27 am

<...> When at the B lounge <...>
And you got to the lounge, from your AMS flight (which arrived at an A gate, I suppose), without passport checks? (Sorry to go on about this, but this really is very different from what normally happens at BRU...)

No security check on such a connection (arriving from AMS) is normal.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:59 am

And you got to the lounge, from your AMS flight (which arrived at an A gate, I suppose), without passport checks? (Sorry to go on about this, but this really is very different from what normally happens at BRU...)

No security check on such a connection (arriving from AMS) is normal.
I can't recall a passport check. Weird.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I can't recall a passport check. Weird.
Maybe this will jog your memory:

There certainly should have been immigration control on your way to the B gates.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by tods27
Maybe this will jog your memory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGCunCXzs0

There certainly should have been immigration control on your way to the B gates.
Good find! I used the e-gates. I got up at 5AM for the first leg of the trip so you can blame it on that.
Koby likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 4:18 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
using departure lounge as arrivals lounge on long layover?

Looking at an ABJ-BRU-LHR ticket with a long (14 hour) layover in BRU, with intent to get a train to AMS for some meetings during the layover. Is it possible to access the departure lounge on arrival at 5 something am, have a shower and some breakfast, and then leave through immigration to go to AMS? [something I do very often in IST on similar layovers]. No issues with visa, etc, it's the technicalities I'm interested in.
Side question - is there any left luggage facility at BRU for a rollaboard size bag, to save carting it around for the day?
Any relevant experience appreciated
Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2023, 5:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
As long as it's same day and not next day departure, you can enter the lounge and leave it and then enter it again later.

There's lockers at level 0: https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/pa...uggage-lockers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.