Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 9:57 am

Thanks Oliver.
so I would put my Spain address on the Belgian health form I fill out when going thru immigration at BRU?
i already have downloaded the Spain health form.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
I have to connect in BRU twice in the next few weeks.

Firstly I’m doing US-BRU-UK and then a few days later I’m doing UK-BRU-EU.

Obviously I know i’ll need to go through passport control on my second visit, the question I have is whether I will have to go through security on either transit? (I’ve done UK-BRU-US before and had to go through security in BRU)
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I can definitely tell you for sure that UK-BRU-EU will involve security.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
BRU long haul and non-Schengen arrivals at B aren't separated into clean/non-clean IIRC and require security check before going to A for Schengen flights. I would imagine that it is the same for B to B transfers but haven't for personal experience of that.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by MichielR
BRU long haul and non-Schengen arrivals at B aren't separated into clean/non-clean IIRC and require security check before going to A for Schengen flights. I would imagine that it is the same for B to B transfers but haven't for personal experience of that.
Just transited BRU twice in the last couple weeks US-BRU-KGL and KGL-BRU-US - in both cases, the planes arrived at B gates and we had to clear security. All connecting passengers go through security, then can go through passport control to get to the A gates, or go upstairs to the B gates (and then a bus to the T gates, if needed).
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:39 am

Plane-to-Train Query

I appreciate this is slightly off-topic but I’ll be arriving in BRU just after 8PM (8:10 to be precise, from a Schengen country), I’m then planning to get on the 9:11PM train (last service) to Amsterdam Centraal. How feasible would this be, taking also into consideration a potential delay (let’s say ~30 minutes, just to get a rough idea) of the flight in question? I’ll be travelling in business hence with a slight advantage in terms of getting off the plane, run to the train station etc.

Thanks.

G
Old Aug 20, 2023, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I appreciate this is slightly off-topic but I’ll be arriving in BRU just after 8PM (8:10 to be precise, from a Schengen country), I’m then planning to get on the 9:11PM train (last service) to Amsterdam Centraal. How feasible would this be, taking also into consideration a potential delay (let’s say ~30 minutes, just to get a rough idea) of the flight in question? I’ll be travelling in business hence with a slight advantage in terms of getting off the plane, run to the train station etc.

Thanks.

G
This seems feasible to me, assuming you are travelling HBO. The train station is 2 levels down from arrivals, lifts are 50m slightly to your right when you exit Customs.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by fereke
This seems feasible to me, assuming you are travelling HBO. The train station is 2 levels down from arrivals, lifts are 50m slightly to your right when you exit Customs.
Many thanks.

G
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Extra Schengen to extra Schengen… easy?

Many years since I’ve connected at BRU, and I have absolutely no recollection. Have a 1:10 connection tomorrow morning and wondering how easy it is. Realise that I will have to go through security but is there a simple connection route (avoiding double immigration)? UK passport holder so no technical problem but would take time…. It’s ET from ADD onto SN to LHR, single ticket, if that makes any difference.
thanks
Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:53 am

Yes, you'll stay in the B gates area (or maybe use the shuttle between B and T). As long as you stay there, there is no passport control, only security.

Maybe this helps: https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/pa...MjE1NC4wLjAuMA..
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Many years since I’ve connected at BRU, and I have absolutely no recollection. Have a 1:10 connection tomorrow morning and wondering how easy it is. Realise that I will have to go through security but is there a simple connection route (avoiding double immigration)? UK passport holder so no technical problem but would take time…. It’s ET from ADD onto SN to LHR, single ticket, if that makes any difference.
thanks
No immigration needed. After you clear transfer security, go to the left and you'll see signs for the B and T gates. Go up the escalator and through the Duty Free to get to the B gates.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 3:30 pm

Question for the experts here. I will be arriving BRU in the morning with a 8 hours layover before another flight to Rome. All on J and Brussels Airlines. Coming from JFK. I would like to use the lounge to shower and leave the airport to check out the city. Do I go through passport control for transit passengers, hit up the Loft, and then exit the airport? Or do I go through passport control for arriving passengers, go back through security and hit up the lounge and then exit the airport for the city after? Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2023, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wildcatland
Question for the experts here. I will be arriving BRU in the morning with a 8 hours layover before another flight to Rome. All on J and Brussels Airlines. Coming from JFK. I would like to use the lounge to shower and leave the airport to check out the city. Do I go through passport control for transit passengers, hit up the Loft, and then exit the airport? Or do I go through passport control for arriving passengers, go back through security and hit up the lounge and then exit the airport for the city after? Thanks!
On the UA forum, there are reports that you can exit clean into the B gates (basically go up the ramp to the B gate), then take passport control on your way to the A gates. When we were in SN in March, they herded everyone down to transfer security and passport control, so you may find yourself with a security check before getting to the Loft.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 7:20 pm

Thanks tods27. Don't mind clearing security but after the Loft I can just exit the airport and get in without passport control again?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by Wildcatland
Thanks tods27. Don't mind clearing security but after the Loft I can just exit the airport and get in without passport control again?
Yes, after coming back from the city you need to clear security only and turn left to A gates, no passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.