Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Artpen100
Just to make sure I understand, I will be arriving from IAD on UA with a 2.5 hour connection to TLV, both in business. It appears this will all be Terminal B, and my lounge options for a shower and breakfast are The Suites (using BP) and Diamond (PP), non-schengen. Which is best? It appears in theory if I had a longer wait, I could go through security and immigration and go to The Loft in A, but I probably don't want to take the time. That sound about right?
The suites is actually really nice (compared to the older lounge we had in B), they opened it a few months ago ^
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Just to make sure I understand, I will be arriving from IAD on UA with a 2.5 hour connection to TLV, both in business. It appears this will all be Terminal B, and my lounge options for a shower and breakfast are The Suites (using BP) and Diamond (PP), non-schengen. Which is best? It appears in theory if I had a longer wait, I could go through security and immigration and go to The Loft in A, but I probably don't want to take the time. That sound about right?
The Suite (no "s") is the name Brussels Airlines gave to their new B pier lounge and is the old Jet Airlines lounge that they gave a complete makeover in the style of The Loft in A pier. Not quite as big and can get busy but much better than what was there before.
However: there are no showers in the Suite. Diamond lounge in B has showers (supposedly, I have not seen them personally) so you could go there for a shower and lounge-hop to the Suite for the food. They are both in the same corridor one floor above the gates.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
However: there are no showers in the Suite. Diamond lounge in B has showers (supposedly, I have not seen them personally) so you could go there for a shower and lounge-hop to the Suite for the food. They are both in the same corridor one floor above the gates.
Really? Loungebuddy says the Suite also has showers. (Actually, checking online at the BA website, neither says it has showers, though the Loft page mentions the "napboxes".) I will have to check it out.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:56 pm

JFK-BRU on DL arriving at 09:15
BRU-NCE on SN leaving at 10:40
No checked bags.

Assuming the incoming is on time, would I be crazy to book these? I believe I read in this thread there is a SN transfer desk. By arriving via Delta, would we be in position to utilize this without having to leave the secured area and check-in as if arriving landslde?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
JFK-BRU on DL arriving at 09:15
BRU-NCE on SN leaving at 10:40
No checked bags.

Assuming the incoming is on time, would I be crazy to book these? I believe I read in this thread there is a SN transfer desk. By arriving via Delta, would we be in position to utilize this without having to leave the secured area and check-in as if arriving landslde?
If you can do online check-in and get your boarding pass on your phone, you should be more than fine. Not sure about the transfer desk but I assume that would be a viable option as well.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Really? Loungebuddy says the Suite also has showers. (Actually, checking online at the BA website, neither says it has showers, though the Loft page mentions the "napboxes".) I will have to check it out.
I used showers in the Loft lounge, quite nice set up actually.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by shimura
I used showers in the Loft lounge, quite nice set up actually.
How long does it take to get from arriving at a B Gate to getting over to the Loft, and how long does it take to go back through immigration and security back to B? I'm just wondering if a 2 hour 15 minute connection might be enough (and return will be about 3.5 hours).
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:21 am

How long does it take to get from arriving at a B Gate to getting over to the Loft, and how long does it take to go back through immigration and security back to B? I'm just wondering if a 2 hour 15 minute connection might be enough (and return will be about 3.5 hours).
Some reports indicate that you can't use the airside B-to-A transfer without BP for a flight from A. But you can (passport/visa permitting) exit to land-side from B then go through security again and turn left to A instead of right to B.
Transfer time depends on passport (EU queue usually faster than "other passports" queue) and on the length of the line. Morning arrival from US is rush hour.
Status/ticket that allows use of fast lane security helps, but security is usually efficient.
Then queue again for passport control when going to B (no need to go through security again).
Check the airport map for distances.
All in all I wouldn't do it, to much time lost / hassle and potential stress just for a slightly better lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:23 am

Loft has showers, I used them in December. Nice setup indeed, but getting a bit worn.
Brussels Airlines doesn't mention showers in the Suite. I haven't seen them when I was there, but I wasn't looking for them either.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:41 pm

Some reports indicate that you can't use the airside B-to-A transfer without BP for a flight from A.
Aren't there transit desk in pier B anymore? I remember there being a few on the left before arriving at immigration.

Anyway, in these days of online check in it shouldn't be too complicated to get one if the transit desks aren't there anymore.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA
A question for a small matter. I am flying on SN IAD-BRU-TXL on a UA biz class award. I land at BRU at 7:30am and depart for TXL at 9:35am.

At what point in the transfer process can I exit airside and go landside for a smoke? It appears the smoking area in A will be not be available til after 2pm. I think I have enough time to go outside for a few minutes I would think.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Koby
Aren't there transit desk in pier B anymore? I remember there being a few on the left before arriving at immigration.

Anyway, in these days of online check in it shouldn't be too complicated to get one if the transit desks aren't there anymore.
There's a transfer desk and indeed you can do OLCI. I was referring to an earlier post where somebody was doing US-BRU-TLV.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tracker72
A question for a small matter. I am flying on SN IAD-BRU-TXL on a UA biz class award. I land at BRU at 7:30am and depart for TXL at 9:35am.

At what point in the transfer process can I exit airside and go landside for a smoke? It appears the smoking area in A will be not be available til after 2pm. I think I have enough time to go outside for a few minutes I would think.
Deboard in B pier. Go through immigrations. Walk through baggage claim, go through customs (no line, just walk through the "nothing to declare" lane). Go outside. Total walking time: not more than 10 minutes. + time spent in line at immigrations.
Go one floor up for departures. Upstairs might be a better place for a smoke, you will be outside. At arrivals you will be in some kind of tunel. Probably not allowed to smoke there (but not strictly enforced).
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Thank you Ghentleman.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:06 am

The Suite (no "s") is the name Brussels Airlines gave to their new B pier lounge and is the old Jet Airlines lounge that they gave a complete makeover in the style of The Loft in A pier. Not quite as big and can get busy but much better than what was there before.
How long is the customs process in BRU? I've got a tight connection (2 hours) on 2 tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.