Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First class retrofit info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by hamallu
Hahaha, if only it could be done in the time frame you say!!! The retrofits are being scheduled for up to 28 days...
Hammallu, is this F seat upgrade done during a regular C-Check?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by Fendant
no, C-check is too short for such complex retrofit!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by LHPII
How long does a C-check take, how long does a D-check take?

Is the F refit only done during D-checks or do they take the aircraft specifically out of service for the seat refit?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A D check is far to rare. They will probably pull the aircraft out.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
LH new First Class A380

Saw these pictures for the new LH first class:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufth...0589d311f53e75

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufth...0589d311f53e75

Quite impressive ^
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
LH Technical mentioned 1,400 hours for a 777 C check, but this also include repairs, retrofits, and modifications.

Last edited by Jalinth; Sep 16, 2010 at 11:38 am Reason: Mispost
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Looks nice. The only thing that design/color wise sticks out is the blue cloth of the curtain/cabin divider...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jalinth
LH Technical mentioned 1,400 hours for a 777 C check, but this also include repairs, retrofits, and modifications.
Thanks. This is a number but it would be even more interesting to know how much downtime this usually requires per aircraft. The 1,400 hours are of course done by huge teams...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by mamb0
Looks nice. The only thing that design/color wise sticks out is the blue cloth of the curtain/cabin divider...
.....only on the photo, in a real life it doesn't stick out that much and it gives a nice connection to the rest of the blueish cabin.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
anybody experienced technical issues? On 2D I needed the inflight crew to help me three times to "reset" the seat because it was stuck...
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by LHPII
Originally Posted by Fendant
No not C-Check, the first refit is solely mods as it's also the first A346 to get Flynet II so there's going to be some more work as well as getting them certified by the authorities. But the following retrofits would be incorporated into IL/D-Checks.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Anyone know which routes the Airbus' with the new F seats are flying?
While I doubt we'll know anytime soon, I for one would love to see it on the FRA-EWR-FRA A343 for purely selfish reasons (as I'm sure you would as well). I know there was a lot of anticipation (for good reason) for JFK being the launch platform for the A380, so I only think it would be fair to give us some access to the new F product !

I'm not too far off from booking an end of summer 2011 trip from NYC-DUS and was planning on routing through ZRH to fly LX, but might have to change my plans up and route through FRA. (disclaimer: on reread it sounded to much like I would be purchasing a revenue ticket, so I want to be honest and say this will be an award ticket).

As always, thanks for giving us this info!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by johndeere19
While I doubt we'll know anytime soon, I for one would love to see it on the FRA-EWR-FRA A343 for purely selfish reasons (as I'm sure you would as well). I know there was a lot of anticipation (for good reason) for JFK being the launch platform for the A380, so I only think it would be fair to give us some access to the new F product !

I'm not too far off from booking an end of summer 2011 trip from NYC-DUS and was planning on routing through ZRH to fly LX, but might have to change my plans up and route through FRA. (disclaimer: on reread it sounded to much like I would be purchasing a revenue ticket, so I want to be honest and say this will be an award ticket).

As always, thanks for giving us this info!
XXX WRONG INFORMATION XXX (edited by user) No official details about future destinations but since they mostly change, there is no guarantee anyway. A346s do the MUC-EWR route though.

Last edited by supermasterphil; Sep 27, 2010 at 7:25 am
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
If you take a close look, it says somewhere in the thread that they will retrofit two Munich planes (A346). No official details about future destinations but since they mostly change, there is no guarantee anyway. A346s do the MUC-EWR route though.
I didn't see anything re: Munich, so if I'm reading your post correctly, are you saying the A346 is a Munich-based plane (presently, of course)? If so, I didn't know this, thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I didn't see anything re: Munich, so if I'm reading your post correctly, are you saying the A346 is a Munich-based plane (presently, of course)? If so, I didn't know this, thanks!
The first post just says two A346s will be refitted this winter but I don't remember seeing anywhere that they are MUC-based. According to this list 13 A346s are based in MUC and 11 in FRA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.