Wiki Posts
Search

New First class retrofit info

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by flying_student
VB left for Tupelo. It will be scraped there.
That's really strange. VB and VC were delivered only a month apart, in September / October 1989... are they scrapping one and not the other? (considering VC got retrofitted with the new F)... very strange indeed.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
That's really strange. VB and VC were delivered only a month apart, in September / October 1989... are they scrapping one and not the other? (considering VC got retrofitted with the new F)... very strange indeed.
Any idea if the cycles are the same?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Any idea if the cycles are the same?
Good question. My bet is no, they aren't (must not even be close, otherwise why invest so much money into refurbing F/C?) - but fwiw D-ABVA, when scrapped earlier this month, had 112,358 flight hours / 15,274 cycles (!!). That's 13 years of straight up being in the air
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good question. My bet is no, they aren't (must not even be close, otherwise why invest so much money into refurbing F/C?) - but fwiw D-ABVA, when scrapped earlier this month, had 112,358 flight hours / 15,274 cycles (!!). That's 13 years of straight up being in the air
Wow- that is a long time!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: M&M SEN

VC is leaving shortly
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by flying_student
VC is leaving shortly
Really? But it just got retrofitted with the new F, whereas VZ, being the newest plane, didn't get retrofitted!

They couldn't possibly have made enough money on the retrofit of the VC to justify the expenditure. Are you sure it's being decom'd soon?

[edit] unless "shortly" means a year or two which is still a fairly long time.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan
We got a nice surprise yesterday on our FRA-ORD flight (LH430). We were expecting the old F but as we were driving from the FCT and I saw the tailfin with D-ABVK, I knew we were in luck. Didn't say anything to the wife and she was super happy when we boarded. We flew from BKK-FRA on a TG(Jet) 777 with the suites and we both prefer the LH F bed setup. I could however see where folks who travel alone might prefer the privacy of suite.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
As this thread became quite lengthy and is therefore difficult to read, NewbieRunner volunteered to start a new thread on the F class retrofit with an updated post at the beginning.

The new thread can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...it-thread.html

Please use this thread for your Q&A and comments on the F class retrofit.

Cheers,
totti
Moderator M&M forum
Old May 22, 2012, 9:52 am

YYZ Regs

My wife & I are travelling from YYZ-FRA in First week after next and hope we are lucky enough to experience the new layout. Does anyone have regs of the A346 aircraft that typically fly that route? Thanks!
Old May 22, 2012, 9:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by prpfitz
My wife & I are travelling from YYZ-FRA in First week after next and hope we are lucky enough to experience the new layout. Does anyone have regs of the A346 aircraft that typically fly that route? Thanks!
Welcome to FT, prpfitz!

I'm afraid you are out of luck since there's no FRA-based Airbus with the new First Class. Please check this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.