Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First class retrofit info

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by jtsaltman82
been wondering about this as well. seemed like there was a flurry of retrofits towards the end of the year, but that not much has happened in january (d-aihr has been in for a while, yes?)
D-AIHW - ferried up to HAM on 27JAN12 for new F
D-AIHQ - ferried down to MLA tonight 01FEB12 for new F
D-AIHR - New F installed and will be ferried back up to MUC and returned into service in the coming days
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Interesting - it looks like D-AIFE flies MUC-YUL quite a lot. Hm! I was sure YUL was being served by a 330 - good to know!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Hi, all. I'm an OW guy, but burning some AMEX MR points this weekend on LH F. I'll be on 453 LAX-MUC on Sunday, 5 February, and 730 MUC-HKG on Monday, 6 February. Anyone have any idea what my chances are of getting the new F? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:43 pm

Do the majority of the A346 fleet tend to fly ex MUC?

I am hoping for new F on ICN-FRA come April but all the retorofits tend to be for ex MUC.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Hi, all. I'm an OW guy, but burning some AMEX MR points this weekend on LH F. I'll be on 453 LAX-MUC on Sunday, 5 February, and 730 MUC-HKG on Monday, 6 February. Anyone have any idea what my chances are of getting the new F? Thanks in advance.
curious how it works out for you. Good luck!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: United 2P, QMM, eleVAte
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
you can look on the aviation database on flight24.com to see how often new F operates on those routes. i'd say you have a slim chance of getting it, but i'd be prepared for old F the whole way.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by jtsaltman82
you can look on the aviation database on flight24.com to see how often new F operates on those routes. i'd say you have a slim chance of getting it, but i'd be prepared for old F the whole way.
But to check on flight24.com we'd need to know which regs have the new F installed. Is there a way to know that other than to browse through the 101 pages of this thread?

Maybe worthwhile having something like a sticky or the first thread constantly updated weith the regs of the planes that already have new F.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by creber
But to check on flight24.com we'd need to know which regs have the new F installed. Is there a way to know that other than to browse through the 101 pages of this thread?
Check post #1482.

D-AIHR may be back in circulation. I will post an update once it is confirmed.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:35 am

[QUOTE=NewbieRunner;17936002]Check post #1482.

D-AIHR may be back in circulation. I will post an update once it is confirmed.[/QUOTE

No not yet, but it should be released back to line within 48hrs btw you can update your stats list.

Check post #1500.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by hamallu
Check post #1500.
Thanks! I seem to have missed that post.

BTW here's the correct link to post #1500.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:55 am

Updates

747 : 10 retrofitted so far: D-ABVC, D-ABVH, D-ABVK, D-ABVL, D-ABVM, D-ABVN, D-ABVO, D-ABVP, D-ABVR, D-ABVS, out of the 10 planned for 2011. ^

They started flying to 7 longhaul destinations regularly at the beginning of winter 2011/12 season. For the track record during November 2011 - first week of January 2012 check post #1482:

A346 : 4 retrofitted so far: D-AIHT (FRA-based), D-AIHO (MUC-based), D-AIHP (MUC-based) and D-AIHR (MUC-based). Two more (D-AIHW) and (D-AIHQ) currently being retrofitted.

A343 : 2 retrofitted so far: D-AIFD (FRA-based) and D-AIFE (MUC-based).

D-AIFD is mostly flying to Middle Eastern destinations. D-AIFE is flying to North American and Asian destinations.

A333 : None retrofitted so far.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the update NewbieRunner. I recall at one time seeing a post about the number of each type of plane in the fleet.
Could you perhaps add that to your update so we might know the current odds?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:39 am

D-AIHR's on her way back up to MUC after a successful test flight. For those interested you can track her on flightradar24 and look at what a typical post heavy maintenance test flight pattern looks like.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by hamallu
D-AIHR's on her way back up to MUC after a successful test flight. For those interested you can track her on flightradar24 and look at what a typical post heavy maintenance test flight pattern looks like.
http://data.flight24.com/flights/lh9915/ for dem lazys, but there is no data on this flight - maybe will update later?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:23 am

Thanks. Here are a couple of screenshots!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.