Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I can't see any expire in my account but I think my remaining 6 expire November 2013 (as I got these Nov 2011).

I'm quite glad I got down from 22 to 6 !
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hippo72
Not sure if it is really worth an own thread but I did not find a suitable existing one.
Spotted and reported 10 days ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post19991461
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks!
I *hate* the FT search.......
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Thanks!
I *hate* the FT search.......
Not easy to find it unless you knew it was there!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:01 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Maybe this is a HON-only feature since I don't see in my SEN profile on the M&M website...

Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Maybe this is a HON-only feature since I don't see in my SEN profile on the M&M website...

You only see the message if you have any eVouchers which expire on 30 June 2013. If all your eVouchers expire, for example, in November 2013 or later the message does not appear.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:14 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
You only see the message if you have any eVouchers which expire on 30 June 2013. If all your eVouchers expire, for example, in November 2013 or later the message does not appear.
Interesting point... I talked to the hotline and my eVouchers expire in Nov 2013 so that seems to support this statement. However, I do find stupid and inconsistent. Each eVoucher has an expiration date and M&M has proven that they can visualize the expiration date in your online profile - so why don't they show the expiration date for all the eVouchers regardless whether they expire within the next 6 months...
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it- thanks NewbieRunner. I cannot see any expiry dates. I am planning to burn my last remaining 8 evouchers on a roundtrip to BKK with Ms. Travelsig upgrading from P to F later this year with LX. Given that year to date I have less than 4000 Status Miles I don't expect to be getting many more.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Interesting point... I talked to the hotline and my eVouchers expire in Nov 2013 so that seems to support this statement. However, I do find stupid and inconsistent. Each eVoucher has an expiration date and M&M has proven that they can visualize the expiration date in your online profile - so why don't they show the expiration date for all the eVouchers regardless whether they expire within the next 6 months...
Yes, it's very strange especially since:

All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.
I wonder if anyone with eVouchers expiring on 30.06.13 as well as on another date in the next 6 months sees two expiry dates?

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Given that year to date I have less than 4000 Status Miles I don't expect to be getting many more.
You will at least get two more on softlanding.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:57 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I have 3 vouchers and I see "1 voucher expiring on 1.6.2013"
The remaining two are valid until 2014 AFAIK

Now the questions is -- what to do with the single one
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond
I'll be downgraded from SEN to FTL in February. Will my e-vouchers remain valid or will they be gone? Not showing any expiration dates currently.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Volpotor
I'll be downgraded from SEN to FTL in February. Will my e-vouchers remain valid or will they be gone? Not showing any expiration dates currently.
Status change does not affect expiration of eVouchers.
So they will stick in your account with the original expiraion date.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by JanoSicek
Now the questions is -- what to do with the single one
Some suggestions...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-one-eupg.html
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: LH SEN*2
Don't ask me, why it's in English/German language mix....
It's called desperanto the most common language used by IT guys which look on everything, but not on intuition, usability and deeper sense...

Like with those ever increasing demands in renewing online banking passwords to a frequency and degree of complication that you have to write them down, since you need them often, you write them on your computer on a silver table (me no more)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:49 am

I have 4 vouchers expiring June 2013 and plan to visit friends in the US in September.

Does anyone know whether I can use eVouchers before expiry date for flights after?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.