Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
At least LH has now introduced F pax and HON parking at DUS !
(if the LH marketing lingo is true, you will soon see my car parked in front of the SEN lounge ! )
What an innovative idea! @:-) HON Circle Members and First Class passengers will enjoy the benefit of using their own car as the First Class Lounge conveniently located adjacent to the Senator Lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What an innovative idea! @:-) HON Circle Members and First Class passengers will enjoy the benefit of using their own car as the First Class Lounge conveniently located adjacent to the Senator Lounge.
Yes, of course. This is an excellent idea. The first First-Drive-Thru lounge in aviation history. And Lufthansa wins the first award in this category for this unbeaten first experience.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Yes, of course. This is an excellent idea. The first First-Drive-Thru lounge in aviation history. And Lufthansa wins the first award in this category for this unbeaten first experience.
And with the new terrahertz scanner technology, you might even be able to bring your car airside ... as long as there are no nailclippers anywhere on board or more than 100ml of gasoline per tank present...
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Personally I very much enjoyed my one and only LH F experience this Dec-Jan , even if LH did "misplace the bag" and forget to wait for me to go on the FC bus to the IFL :P

So, I would love to know how to do it again for 1000 euro
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by sentom
from the linked text...

"Meantime, First Class service at Frankfurt Airport has been augmented by two new lounges. Aside from Frankfurt, Lufthansa First-Class lounges are in place in Munich and Dusseldorf, London, New York and many other destinations, worldwide."

Don't forget that SEN lounges are also considered First Class Lounges.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jan_az
Personally I very much enjoyed my one and only LH F experience this Dec-Jan , even if LH did "misplace the bag" and forget to wait for me to go on the FC bus to the IFL :P

So, I would love to know how to do it again for 1000 euro
Dont forget to tell the FAs and the other pax (in particular those with revenue tickets) about the 1000 Euro US deal. This will certainly help you to get plenty of new friends.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Dont forget to tell the FAs and the other pax (in particular those with revenue tickets) about the 1000 Euro US deal. This will certainly help you to get plenty of new friends.

Since I dont know what the 1000 Euro US deal is I wont :P. Seriously, why would anyone share that kind of information with fellow passengers that were not FT'ers. I truly don't understand this forum I guess. When there was the 1400USD deal to AKL in C that many of us upgraded to F I don't recall us regular UA flyers getting all upset about it. I greatly enjoyed my LH F experience ( which was not on whatever deal you are talking about) and would love to do it again. I surely did not "maximise" the experience ( on the way over my 55 minute connection did not even allow a peak at the lounge), but I much prefer F to Y . LH F was comfortable, the soft product was great, the FA's was nice, but IMO, UA's current hard product is better. They just don't happen to fly to India .
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I truly don't understand this forum I guess.
True. This thread is pure satire
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
"Meantime, First Class service at Frankfurt Airport has been augmented by two new lounges. Aside from Frankfurt, Lufthansa First-Class lounges are in place in Munich and Dusseldorf, London, New York and many other destinations, worldwide."
Don't forget that SEN lounges are also considered First Class Lounges.
Only for lesser beings who don't fly LH F.
Hasn't anyone told LH there's no SEN lounge at LHR any more?

Really? I'm gutted.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for the reminder ^
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
ups. reads like the real life... :-)
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
...but I much prefer F to Y .
Great to see some common ground emerging in this forum...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by andre1970
Great to see some common ground emerging in this forum...
I actually know a kid (of a flyertalker) who is currently 13 and he told me, that he likes domestic coach on CO better than First because of the food

His parents of course and happily accept EUAs and leave him behind without any guilt
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:09 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I actually know a kid (of a flyertalker) who is currently 13 and he told me, that he likes domestic coach on CO better than First because of the food
Makes sense.

Kids at this age like:

1. Junk food

2. Girls (OK, not only at this age)

Re: #1 things are self-evident.

Re: #2 Beautiful girls are a rarity in premium classes.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
The satire is great, but I think it's even more entertaining to see the passive anger (only sometimes passive) in some of the posts about the US Air deal.

It's entertaining because collecting 500 miles from a geo-restricted promo by using a fake address is not frowned upon like that. Probably since 500 miles won't get you in LH F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.