Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:56 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug
How is it these days taking the shuttle to the econ lot? Our flight is 12/24 and we have the econ lot reserved. This will be my first time in the new lot so not sure what to expect, particularly on Xmas eve.
The Economy Parking buses depart from the southeast corner of the first floor, close to the elevators. The buses depart every few minutes. They get to 96th St. through the city bus center just east of the Vicksburg Ave. bridge. At the airport they use the lanes closest to the terminals, which are reserved for airport operated buses, so once inside the airport they don't get stuck in traffic.

A real time tracker of the shuttle buses is available at this website.
josephstern and CaliTravelbug like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ll add that this time of year the LAWA shuttles are probably the fastest way in and out of the CTA because they have express lanes. Even in normal times it’s faster to take a shuttle out to economy than drive out of P3 if you arrive during the ~11pm bank.

Wednesday morning traffic into the tunnel was backed up on the 105 all the way to the Nash St exit. I was in a Lyft with a good driver and we got off at Nash to get to the light at the tunnel entrance without having to wait multiple cycles.

It’s also probably faster out of economy to head north as you leave, even if you’re ultimately headed south. Traffic was a nightmare at Sepulveda and Century when I was leaving parking Tuesday night.

I’m looking forward to the people mover.
CaliTravelbug likes this.

Last edited by chrisl137; Dec 23, 2022 at 8:41 am
Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:51 am

Looking to drop off the car at a LAX hotel, return 8 days later, stay at the hotel since flight returns 10 PM and leave the next AM.

Having trouble finding a suitable hotel. Many do not offer such a car park service and one will charge $30 a day beyond the first (free) 3 days.
Hate to use public parking and go back and forth from the hotel.Unless I can find one i can walk to.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ente_09
Any ideas?
Quik Park is located right behind the Hyatt Regency. They share a shuttle service to the airport. Marriott Courtyard right is across Vicksburg Ave. from Quik Park.

Joe's Auto Parking is right next to the Hilton Homewood Suites.

Airport Center Parking is next door to Marriott Residence Inn.

However, I doubt that any of those facilities will be much cheaper than $30/day.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:52 am

Thanks
I owe you a free parking day
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ente_09
Looking to drop off the car at a LAX hotel, return 8 days later, stay at the hotel since flight returns 10 PM and leave the next AM.

Having trouble finding a suitable hotel. Many do not offer such a car park service and one will charge $30 a day beyond the first (free) 3 days.
Hate to use public parking and go back and forth from the hotel.Unless I can find one i can walk to.

Any ideas?
Hampton Inn is next to Southbay LAX parking (used to be called 105 parking). It's $12-$15 a day. Parking is fine but their shuttle is horribly slow and few especially at night from the LAX side (you have to call them to come). I don't know if that changed or not since the last time I used them were before 2020. I only used them because I can get free parking at work and walk there to take their shuttle. My work has agreement to only pay $5 for a roundtrip shuttle, but after the first try, I just take Uber LOL.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Just received this email. Here is a link to view it in a browser:
There were many miles and milestones travelled in 2022, and you were with us along the way. As a thankyou, we're offering you 15% off parking when you use code NYE15.

* Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight January 15, 2023. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before February 28, 2023. Excludes Van Nuys FlyAway. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:03 am

Is there a good way to extend an existing parking session? I am scheduled to return tonight, but my bother in law I was staying with unexpectedly passed away, I'm going to have to stay longer to support my sister, so I need to extend my current parking session.

Should I sign up for a new reservation? Just say nothing and pay the difference when I get back?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unkilbeeg
Is there a good way to extend an existing parking session? I am scheduled to return tonight, but my bother in law I was staying with unexpectedly passed away, I'm going to have to stay longer to support my sister, so I need to extend my current parking session.

Should I sign up for a new reservation? Just say nothing and pay the difference when I get back?
Sorry for your loss.

From the Terms and Conditions:
If your vehicle stays in the parking facility more than 2 hours after the reservation ends, a new parking session will begin at the posted rates. This additional payment will be required to exit the facility. No refunds are provided for parking stays that are shorter than the reservation period.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had this happen (not for such a sad reason - sorry) and they just pro-rated my rate to the additional days. Took a few minutes at check-out.
Need, TWA884, chrisl137 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I had this happen (not for such a sad reason - sorry) and they just pro-rated my rate to the additional days. Took a few minutes at check-out.
Thanks for the reassurance -- that is what I was hoping for.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:05 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
New parking promo code for the central terminal lots (not the remote LAX Economy): CTS20

20% off coming your way! (mailchi.mp)

"Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight January 31, 2023. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before February 28, 2023. Excludes Van Nuys FlyAway. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time."
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got CTA20 - I think also for the central terminal only.

I canceled and rebooked a couple of stays, but only for a savings of a few dollars each.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Flash sale - up to 20% off parking!
So be quick to take advantage of this offer - 20% off Economy parking rates, or 10% off all other products when you use code FLASH20 (hurry - offer ends at midnight on January 26, 2023).

* Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight January 26, 2023. Discount is applied to all online parking rates (VNY FlyAway not included) for arrivals on or before February 28, 2023. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.