Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:48 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Today's sale advertisement:

Get your green on and celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with a special offer*.

Save 17% on Budget and Economy Parking or 10% on Terminal Parking with code SHAMROCK.

Don't forget, we offer free cancellations and changes 2 hours before your trip, and there's never any hidden taxes or fees.
This lucky deal will only last until Sunday!
_
_
_
* Redeem promo code SHAMROCK for 17% off Budget Parking and Economy Parking; 10% off Terminal General and Terminal Premium Parking; 5% off P7 Valet Parking. Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight March 18, 2024. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Changes and cancellations available up to 2 hours before scheduled arrival time. Promotional discounts do not apply to days stayed beyond the reservation. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time.
jmw likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I arrived at the Economy Parking structure at 4:25 am this morning. Only people with reservations were allowed to enter. No problem finding one of my usual EV spots on the 3rd level. The charger was not recognized by the app, but it's charging the car. Then there were 50+ people waiting for the shuttle, which took 20 minutes to arrive; yes, I called to complain and the guy knew why I called before I told him. Two arrived at the same time. I barely had enough time to get breakfast at the Admirals Club before getting to the gate for my 6:00 am flight.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Hours after booking Budget ($75), an e-mail came offering upgrade to 15% off Econ (drive up $175, dummy $106). Link goes to an upgrade button (+$18), but the next page says we'll cancel and charge you $101. The booking system is very deceptive! (If it was $93, I would!)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Hours after booking Budget ($75), an e-mail came offering upgrade to 15% off Econ (drive up $175, dummy $106). Link goes to an upgrade button (+$18), but the next page says we'll cancel and charge you $101. The booking system is very deceptive! (If it was $93, I would!)
I haven't parked in Budget yet - and I hope not to need to. Seems like the shuttles each way run much less frequently. I'd pay $26 to not have to deal with that twice.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
I haven't parked in Budget yet - and I hope not to need to. Seems like the shuttles each way run much less frequently. I'd pay $26 to not have to deal with that twice.
The Budget shuttles run only every 30 minutes compared to the Economy shuttles which are supposed to run every 10 minutes.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
I’ve had a friend tell me that he saw more than one Budget buses while waiting for an Econ bus. So for some time periods of the day they may have to run more frequently because of capacity and demand, I concluded.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
I’ve had a friend tell me that he saw more than one Budget buses while waiting for an Econ bus. So for some time periods of the day they may have to run more frequently because of capacity and demand, I concluded.
I was slightly off posting from memory. It is every 20-25 minutes according to the LAX Official Site.

I'll just add that the Budget Parking lot is considerably farther from the Central Terminal area than the Economy Parking structure.
josephstern likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
I was slightly off posting from memory. It is every 20-25 minutes according to the LAX Official Site.

I'll just add that the Budget Parking lot is considerably farther from the Central Terminal area than the Economy Parking structure.
Yes - the Economy Lot ie reasonably walkable if you had to, and the route isn't bad. You can also take the bus that goes to the city buses that are just across the street.

The budget lot is a lot farther and sketchier walk and there aren't any other buses that get you close.

They moved a lot of buses from the Economy route to the Budget route without changing how they show up on the realtime map and added Economy buses that aren't set up with the realtime maps as far as I can tell.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:41 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Latest airport official Economy lot parking discount - 20%. Coupon code: KIND20

"Redeem promo code KIND20 for 20% off Economy and Budget Parking; 15% off P1 and P7 General Parking, P1 Premium Parking, P2A General EV Parking; 10% off P1 and P7 Valet Parking. Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight April 29, 2024."
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 12:28 pm

Is it my imagination, or has the "member discount" for Economy vanished?

If I try to pre-book without a promo code, I get a one penny discount over the drive up price. If I pre-book using a promo code, I get that same one penny discount, and then whatever discount the promo code provides.
josephstern likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unkilbeeg
Is it my imagination, or has the "member discount" for Economy vanished?

If I try to pre-book without a promo code, I get a one penny discount over the drive up price. If I pre-book using a promo code, I get that same one penny discount, and then whatever discount the promo code provides.
Yup - been seeing a lot of .01 discounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.