Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 6:58 pm

I signed up for the newsletter, but haven’t received anything yet. Does anyone have any updates on new codes?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazy88s
I signed up for the newsletter, but haven’t received anything yet. Does anyone have any updates on new codes?
Spooky10 was the last one I've received
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by josephstern
Spooky10 was the last one I've received
November discount codes have yet to be emailed. They probably send them based on advanced bookings and anticipated demand.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
November discount codes have yet to be emailed. They probably send them based on advanced bookings and anticipated demand.
It's a good idea to book early around the holidays if you can - the lots do fill up and the pricing can go up as they fill.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:18 pm

My guess is that there won't be any code for Nov and Dec. If the lot is full in October, it doesn't need any more help in Nov/Dec.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 6:36 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need
My guess is that there won't be any code for Nov and Dec. If the lot is full in October, it doesn't need any more help in Nov/Dec.
Got this email less than 15 minutes ago:
With Thanksgiving approaching, we're seeing high pre-book parking levels already!

Don't miss out on a stress-free parking experience. The closest parking spots to the airport can fill up quickly, so pre-book online today for discounts of up to 58%.

Here's a reminder of some of our LAX Parking perks:
  • Book Economy parking, the number 1 long term parking option
  • Choose Premium for the closest parking spots
  • Enjoy the ultimate in parking convenience with Valet
Whether you're travelling for business or leisure, we've got multiple options for all budgets and trip durations.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:25 am

Got this email less than 15 minutes ago:
Yes I got that too since I booked once and signed up. I think the title of that email was something like "We are almost full". Once I read the subject, I didn't expect to see a coupon code inside the email.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Yes I got that too since I booked once and signed up. I think the title of that email was something like "We are almost full". Once I read the subject, I didn't expect to see a coupon code inside the email.
Yes, it was:

"We're almost full..."

Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:18 am

At economy lot, if we find ev spot, do we park there with charging cable until we come back, assuming a 2 week trip? Or some some of valet system?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by webazoid
At economy lot, if we find ev spot, do we park there with charging cable until we come back, assuming a 2 week trip? Or some some of valet system?
There is no valet service, the car remains connected to the charger for your entire stay.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:37 pm

I was wrong! They do have a code for Nov. Use it before Nov 30 midnight.

THANKS15
Statman likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:29 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I was wrong! They do have a code for Nov. Use it before Nov 30 midnight.

THANKS15
Fine print on this deal:

Statman likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Fine print on this deal:

Rates for thanksgiving week have gone up quite a bit since a month ago. I booked my thanksgiving travel with a 10% off code and went to see if I could do better with the new code. Almost twice as much for the same booking, even after the discount.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Rates for thanksgiving week have gone up quite a bit since a month ago. I booked my thanksgiving travel with a 10% off code and went to see if I could do better with the new code. Almost twice as much for the same booking, even after the discount.
+1. I couldn’t help myself but check what my parking in the Economy lot for 11/22-11/29 would have cost had I not booked it 2 weeks ago. It went from $99 (less a 10% discount/non-EV) to $279.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Just received this email:
A thank you, from LAX to you

You've been a valued customer at LAX and we know the upcoming holiday season can be a busy time.

To say thanks, we'd like you to enjoy 15% off parking, when you use code LAX15. Wishing you a turkey-filled day with friends and family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

* Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight December 10, 2022. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before December 31, 2022. Excludes Van Nuys FlyAway. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.