Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Folks - Thanks for the informative thread. Had a couple of questions.

Arriving LAX-LIM, with a fairly long transit before our onward flight to LPB on TA (11 hrs in LIM). the LAN flight is in business, but the TA flight might be in coach (redemption). Do have a Priority Pass.

1) Any issues with the 4 hour limit that Priority Pass imposes?
2) OT - but didnt want to start a new thread - so plase ignore if apt - Will LA @ LAX check bags through to LPB (TA legs are a separate ticket)

Would've preferred to get out and get to a hotel to catch up on sleep, but we need visas for Peru, and since we're not spending any time in Peru per se, want to avoid the hassle of getting the visas.
1) You should be OK with Priority Pass, just ask them (or don't ask them and see what happens after 4 hours).
2) Not sure how LAX handles bags, but probably. I have heard of them checking bags on separate tix.
Singapore – are you sure you can't use the free Tarjeta Andina de Migración? Seems odd you would need a visa. 11 hours at LIM would be punishment.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
According to the Peruvian Consulate's page, visitors from Singapore do NOT need a visa (unless on business). You can come into the country for 90-days (or 11 hours).

http://www.consuladoperu.com/general...njerosPeru.php
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Thanks for the responses, folks!

I do need a visa- Singaporean resident, but am an Indian passport holder.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
I just wanted to revisit this thread to say after many years I was finally told sumaq was full so I had to go to VIP instead. What can I say? I've been in nicer McDonalds'. Next time I will just say, OK I'll wait til someone leaves. I hate sumaq but...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by phlashba
I just wanted to revisit this thread to say after many years I was finally told sumaq was full so I had to go to VIP instead. What can I say? I've been in nicer McDonalds'. Next time I will just say, OK I'll wait til someone leaves. I hate sumaq but...
I've been sent to VIP (let us just call it the more apropos EFL*) more than not over the past year - perhaps it is my specific flight timing. Actually, I don't mind it much upstairs. I just don't know how these lounges win awards, but then, I've tasted thousands of wines with gold medals on them, too. And perhaps the standard of excellence is "remember the old LIM?"

*Estamos Full Lounge
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:44 pm

The BUS situation (added to the dismal lounge offerings) at LIM is enough to make me avoid it as much as possible in the future. As much as I was miffed that my UPG didn't clear on two short flights this week (exit row was fine) I had to the think of the folks who actually paid for Prem Econ who got dumped on to those buses. I suppose this is the fault of the airport and not LAN but maybe I'm being too nice.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BUS situation (added to the dismal lounge offerings) at LIM is enough to make me avoid it as much as possible in the future. As much as I was miffed that my UPG didn't clear on two short flights this week (exit row was fine) I had to the think of the folks who actually paid for Prem Econ who got dumped on to those buses. I suppose this is the fault of the airport and not LAN but maybe I'm being too nice.
I dealt with Bus @ LAX for years, after a dismal lounge, on the way to the F cabina. I guess the long term tradeoff is now I get to board right from the lounge @ SFO ^ (Sometimes they did take the premium pax in a van to the plane.) Bus isn't horrible if it is planned and organized, and not the "are we getting a gate, aren't we getting a gate, we're going to the remote area, now we await buses" nonsense that LIM seems to be at times.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I dealt with Bus @ LAX for years, after a dismal lounge, on the way to the F cabina. I guess the long term tradeoff is now I get to board right from the lounge @ SFO ^ (Sometimes they did take the premium pax in a van to the plane.) Bus isn't horrible if it is planned and organized, and not the "are we getting a gate, aren't we getting a gate, we're going to the remote area, now we await buses" nonsense that LIM seems to be at times.
You are right Eastbay. It's all about the execution. At LIM all the employees behave as if every flight were the first one they ever worked and it was all unexpected! Too bad I still have several more LIM connections for the rest of the year.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are right Eastbay.
^ :-: @:-)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
You are right Eastbay. It's all about the execution. At LIM all the employees behave as if every flight were the first one they ever worked and it was all unexpected! Too bad I still have several more LIM connections for the rest of the year.
As if? Yesterday, I watched them verbally train a new guy then send him off to do the wandering around check for overweight bags and he hesitantly did the boarding pass scanning too... he was quite nervous.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
A question for the experts here:

I am flying LIM-GRU on a JJ coded [and JJ ticketed] but LA operated flight.

As a *G, what are my chances of blagging lounge access?

Also, I got the same on GRU-LIM, any info for SP?

Btw, no OW status whatsoever
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
SUMAQ (LIM) wins Regional Lounge of the Year (again).

http://www.prioritypass.com/loy2013....ign=June+Ezine
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:58 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Caral @domestic terminal was really full yesterday, but the whole airport was crowded, long weekend since there is San Juan holiday in jungle cities, Inti Raimi soon in Cusco, etc.

Besides Caral VIP Lounge is really small. Tables ate too close each other, hard to walk when is crowded
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SUMAQ 15 Jun - AM (730-8-ish) LAN connection bank - very full, men's room - intolerable waits.

SUMAQ 20 Jun - (Same hours) - very full, but a few seats, men's room also an issue.

Shortly after leaving, I received a Facebook update re: Priority Pass, gloating about how this den of opulent splendor just won another lounge award.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:53 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Reporting for the first time from Sumaq (17-18h on a Monday): not crowded, loving the orange juice... I'm off to have one last pisco sour...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.