Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by zpaul
I suppose that we have to remember that this is LATAM, known the world over for its spectacular and exemplary passenger service on the ground (believe that and I'll sell you a ticket on Baltia Air).

I do think it's disgraceful that they told you the lounge was open, as though you have access to it, and didn't provide any type of voucher for airside services. There are regular reports here in Chile about the financial difficulties LATAM finds itself in after the LAN-TAM merger, but cutting back on the pax experience is not going to get them far. AV has big plans for the region, and while LATAM is firmly established for now, they can't rest on their (diminishing) laurels.

I've been lucky to avoid LIM entirely as a connecting airport, and this just makes me plan around it all the more.
Indeed. When we flew J on the SCL-IPC route for the first time we asked if "there was a lounge" and the preferente check-in said "of course, it is (insert directions to the pay-per-use lounge here)" without even mentioning it is not free for J passengers, it's just a pay-per-use lounge. While the check-in agent did nothing wrong from a strictly "answer what you were asked" perspective, it's obvious what's wrong here.

However the last few times I went through LIM they did offer the vouchers proactively, even asking if I had any guests etc. so they could give me a second one. So YMMV.
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I passed through Lima yesterday . Got the 20 dollar F&B voucher and the 2 hour internet voucher . All this is fine if you are there for two hours but I was there for 6 . I was trying to decide if it was worth paying the 60 dollars to enter when I met a friend ,s o we went for lunch instead.

For those trying to make your mind up . Beers are around 7 dollars , cocktails are 12-15. Internet is 5 dollars for 2 hours or 10 for 12 hours ( get yr ticket at the Britt shop).

But its really incredible that LATAM haven't sorted this out after so many months.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
For long conection it is a pain in the a$$ but for a standar 2 to 3 hours conection i find it even better than the lounges. (Unless you need to use the toilets for a no2). But lounges on Lima never where great, the food selection was bad and the drinks are better on the Latam J service than on the Lounge. So for me the 20usd voucher will get me a nice ham pizza and a Coke or juice on the restaurant near the gate 20.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
I am in LIM in this very minute (burning my USD 20.00 allowance and the internet voucher) and am happy to update you on the latest lounge rumours.

Further to the check-in agent a renewal of the contract with Sumaq is off the table, as their proposal "was not meeting our customers' expectations of a great LATAM experience" (the way he said that sounded sooooo much learned by heart, but anyway...). Instead, as he pointed out with some degree of caution, there seem plans under way for an alternative, i.e. a LATAM-operated lounge. This would make all the sense at this major hub which with every day is closer to collapse... but that's another story.

Last edited by SenSCL; Oct 1, 2017 at 8:29 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by SenSCL
I am in LIM in this very minute (burning my USD 20.00 allowance and the intenet voucher) and am happy to update you on the latest lounge rumours.

Further to the check-in agent a renewal of the contract with Sumaq is off the table, as their proposal "was not meeting our customers' expectations of a great LATAM experience" (the way he said that sounded sooooo much learned by heart, but anyway...). Instead, as he pointed out with some degree of caution, there seem plans under way for an alternative, i.e. a LATAM-operated lounge. This would make all the sense at this major hub which with every day is closer to collapse... but that's another story.
OK, so it maybe slightly off topic, but you've sparked my interest with that last comment. Please do tell.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by malagajohn

For those trying to make your mind up . Beers are around 7 dollars , cocktails are 12-15. Internet is 5 dollars for 2 hours or 10 for 12 hours ( get yr ticket at the Britt shop).

But its really incredible that LATAM haven't sorted this out after so many months.
I was there a couple of days ago. I used the voucher after my Priority Pass lounge visit, and thought maybe I'd get some packaged food to go, but that wasn't an option. (The vendor options are all fresh food.) My gate was right across from the bar option, so I had one cocktail. The "specialty cocktails" are $18. Yes, $18. USD $18. All I wanted was one (and I wasn't even that eager for one) and it was ok, but I couldn't believe the airport pricing on things. It makes SFO seem like some warehouse sale.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
OK, so it maybe slightly off topic, but you've sparked my interest with that last comment. Please do tell.
Okay, not quite sure, to which comment you were referring here, but if it was regarding

a) the lounge: The question is of course how reliable the information of that agent was.
In any case, it seems pretty likely that there will be no comeback of the contract with Sumaq and it would only be logical that LIM would follow the development of SCL, GRU, BOG and EZE (no idea about GYE and UIO, because I have not been there in years) and offer their proper LATAM lounge facilities.

b) the airport: at peak hours, LIM feels extremely crowded both land and airside, hence the "close to collapse" comment. However, I have to say that security and passport control usually work quite efficiently, but the airport will definitely benefit from the major upgrade that has been decided and that will doubtlessly improve infrastructure and processes.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
So just to clarify, there is no lounge access at all for Emerald/Business pax whether transiting or originating in LIM travelling on LA?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
That is correct; unless you have PP or other forms of access to Sumaq/VIP
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA6501
So just to clarify, there is no lounge access at all for Emerald/Business pax whether transiting or originating in LIM travelling on LA?
No lounge access, no matter how high your status, no matter how low your seating row. ♫ Ain't no status high enough, ain't no row too low, you'll be sitting by the gate, that's just where you'll go ♫♫ Just like Diana Ross used to sing.

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Oct 7, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No lounge access, no matter how high your status, no matter how low your seating row. ♫ Ain't no status high enough, ain't no row too low, you'll be sitting by the gate, that's just where you'll go ♫♫ Just like Diana Ross used to sing.

I totally hate you now, I'll never be able to listen to that song without thinking of LATAM again... that and your comment about Inca Kola tasting like cuy urine...
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MfromL
I totally hate you now, I'll never be able to listen to that song without thinking of LATAM again... that and your comment about Inca Kola tasting like cuy urine...
You're welcome.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I was there a couple of days ago. I used the voucher after my Priority Pass lounge visit, and thought maybe I'd get some packaged food to go, but that wasn't an option. (The vendor options are all fresh food.) My gate was right across from the bar option, so I had one cocktail. The "specialty cocktails" are $18. Yes, $18. USD $18. All I wanted was one (and I wasn't even that eager for one) and it was ok, but I couldn't believe the airport pricing on things. It makes SFO seem like some warehouse sale.
I was sure it was soles when I saw the card - 18 USD for a drink, and they are not even something special! The amount of people who decide not to buy anything in this bar is impressive. As I had my 20 USD voucher I got a drink anyway...
No news on lounge situation
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: AAadvantage EXP, UA MilagePlus
LIMA Lounges

Any updates on this... May be in transit for 6 hours in LIMA intl to intl... Any other options (have Priority Pass also).

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:36 am

Nio changes as far as I can tell.

I was having a longish stopover in LIM three weeks ago and one can say that the situation has even aggravated, since SUMAQ is the only lounge in the entire airport while the VIP club is being refurbished (or transformed into a LATAM lounge? - One can always dream...).

Hence, there are long queues in front of SUMAQ at peak times, when the lounge seems to get packed to the limit. I used it with my Priority Pass during the very calm afternoon hours when there is hardly any departures and few passengers, but even then the visit is capped at three or four hours (do not recall) and I was actually called out by name by the LD, once my period came to an end.

Sorry to quote an old prejudice, but I am always amused to see that Latin people often have a quite flexible approach to timings, but when it comes to supervising usage times like in this case, they will always be extremely observing and efficient.

However, given the length of my transit, I was given a total of three vouchers (!!!) at the transit desk, without asking just as a kind gesture. You have a hard time burning these though, since until the new outlets will open, there is basically only one restaurant and one tiny bar (opposite to each other at the end of the international pier) which accept these.

Fingers crossed that LATAM will somehow get their act together at LIM in the near future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.