FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   Lima lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1299433-lima-lounges.html)

kpc Jan 6, 2012 5:20 pm

Lima lounges

As far as i can gather, there are 3 lounges at Lima.

2 in international departures:
1) SUMAQ VIP Lounge
2) VIP Club Lounge & Business Center

1 in domestic departures:
Espigón Nacional VIP Lounge
http://nlg.aero/en/viploungesvc.html

We are travelling Lan in Y class. I gather you can access all the above lounges with Priority Pass. We have both domestic and international flights ex Lima. As my partner does not have a Priority Pass, I was wondering which of the 3 lounges I can access with one guest as a One World Emerald? If i can access both, which is better, SUMAQ VIP Lounge or VIP Club Lounge & Business Center?

We also both have Diners Club cards so I think we can also access the VIP Club Lounge & Business Center on this basis.

It seems we can only access the domestic Espigón Nacional VIP Lounge via Priority pass so I'll have to pay for my partner. Is that right?

Advice appreciated.

JohnnyColombia Jan 6, 2012 6:06 pm

Sumaq is the one you can access as a LAN passenger with status and you can take a guest on the same flight.

Sumaq or VIP Club depends on your preferences, the consensus seems to be that Sumaq is nicer but busier at peak hours

Sumaq has a smoking patio outside, VIP Club kinda has a smoking patio inside. Sumaq has nicer furnishings and a nicer bar area. VIP Club is all sort of white with a tiled floor. Both have exactly the same nibbles. VIP Club has massage chairs.

kpc Jan 6, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for that. Looks like we can get into either 1) SUMAQ VIP Lounge with my OWE status or 2) VIP Club Lounge & Business Center with our Diners Club cards.

Anyone know about access to the domestic lounge (Espigón Nacional VIP Lounge) apart from using Priority Pass?

vineyarder Jan 20, 2012 7:03 am

We are flying into LIM on LAN in business, and connecting to a flight to Cusco (in economy; don't think there is business on those flights). Will we be allowed to use the lounge in the domestic terminal since we arrived on a Business class flight, or will we be denied since our ongoing, domestic flight is in economy?

bingocallerb22 Jan 20, 2012 7:18 am

The VIP Caral Lounge is the only lounge on the domestic side. It is a Priority Pass lounge. Access can be also bought at $25. Small, comfy, quiet, with shower. Open 24/7. Located beside H Stern after security.
There is no LAN lounge.

meecal Jan 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Flying in premium business on LAN from GYE to EZE tomorrow with a long layover in LIM.

Two questions for you LAN experts:

1) Can we use one of the lounges in LIM free of charge since we're traveling in premium business for both legs?

2) Will we have to claim our bags in Lima, go through customs, etc. and then check back in and go through security again?

Eastbay1K Jan 20, 2012 3:52 pm

1) Can we use one of the lounges in LIM free of charge since we're traveling in premium business for both legs?

Sipo

2) Will we have to claim our bags in Lima, go through customs, etc. and then check back in and go through security again?

Nopo... well, you do have to go through transit security, quick and painless

jcmitchell21 Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 17854141)

Sipo

I have the same question but don't get the answer.

andreadbc Jan 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21 (Post 17877877)
I have the same question but don't get the answer.

That's a yes (in chileno... come on Eastbay, we are talking about Lima lounges here :D)

david_33 Jan 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 17854141)
1)
Sipo

Nopo

Translation from Chilean slang.

Sipo=Si=Yes
Nopo=No=No

Andrea beat me to it by two minutes.

Eastbay1K Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by andreadbc (Post 17879002)
That's a yes (in chileno... come on Eastbay, we are talking about Lima lounges here :D)

Yes, but we are talking about LAN, and you know, the puppet masters live (most likely) in La Dehesa ;)

ps - I probably wouldn't have just given a sipo reply if I hadn't also given a nopo reply in the same answer (making it what I thought would be obvious). :)

jcmitchell21 Jan 24, 2012 2:49 pm

I didn't want to assume the meaning :)

bingocallerb22 Jan 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Sipo :D

dcstudent Jan 26, 2012 5:52 am

Speaking of Lima, what is the best option for food inside the international departures area? I have a 6 hour layover next week and don't think the lounges will do it food wise. Thanks!

david_33 Jan 26, 2012 8:11 am

I like 4 D on the left at the top of the escalator. Good ice cream and the 4D special sandwich is nice. Get a window seat and you can watch the passengers waiting in the LAN check in line.